Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Don't worry, you're under the protection of the American police force

PhatScurl
PhatScurl
Posted at

http://www.wyff4.com/news/13291920/detail.html

EARBORN, Mich. – Police commanders in Dearborn, Mich., are taking heat for not prosecuting a police officer caught spiking brownies with pot and eating them.

The Detroit Free Press said Cpl. Edward Sanchez was allowed to resign last year after admitting he and his wife baked brownies with marijuana he had taken from a drug suspect.

The officer's troubles began with an April 2006 call to 911 where he told the operator he thought he was overdosing on marijuana. On the tape, he's heard saying, "I think we're dying. We made brownies and I think we're dead, I really do."

During the call, he asked the score of the Red Wings game that night, saying, "I just want to make sure this isn't some type of, like, hallucination that I'm having."

The paper said he later fessed up as to where he got the pot.

According to the press, the officer's wife, Stacy Sanchez, admitted to police investigators that she had previously removed cocaine from her husband's police cruiser and used it during a three-week binge. The paper said the cocaine was supposed to be used to train police dogs. She was not charged either.

Dearborn City Councilman Doug Thomas promised an investigation. He said if you're arresting people and keeping their marijuana, "That's bad. That's real bad."

"That's like apprehending a bank robber and keeping some of the money for yourself," Thomas said.

He also said he's worried about what may happen.

"It doesn't add up here," Thomas said. "If he was allowed to resign with no action, he can apply for another police position. There's all kinds of ramifications."

Bless America

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

"Debate and Disscussion" forums?

(I think this is like, the third time I caught it before it was moved)

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

That's disgusting. Something needs to be done about cops who experiment with confiscated drugs. They should buy their own, dammit.

herio
herio
Posted at

We made brownies
lol were they tastey you have to brun the plat it self to get rid of it heas offers gething high

snark
snark
Posted at

…brownies? …well, they're creative at least…

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Haha. Yeah. There's absolutely no corruption by the police in other countries. lol!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Come on, with the level of discussion here it'd find a nice enough home in the TD. there's no way this funny article is D&D worthy.

It's a shame about those police. I've heard news stories of much worse in New Orleans though. This is just a humorous anecdote compared to that.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Come on, with the level of discussion here it'd find a nice enough home in the TD. there's no way this funny article is D&D worthy.

Hey, I didn't move it there. ;)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hahahaha, I bet I know who did though…

PhatScurl
PhatScurl
Posted at

aha!

Finally found my topic again

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

You could have just gone to your profile, go to the "topics started" part, and found it there…

Posted at

I think this belongs back to general discussion…

hahaha
the best part is when the other reporter snorted with laughter
and the main reporter says "really"

Memmy
Memmy
Posted at

…brownies? …well, they're creative at least…

Someone I knew ate cookies and didnt know that there was pot in it.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.