Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Don't you wish you could live like a Sim?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

First off, here's my current Sim from TS3…

I wish I could live like him. He spends his mornings tending his garden and his afternoons fishing. He sometimes finds valuable rocks on the beach and explores the neighborhood looking for such things. He also likes to chat with people at the gym and library and participates in cooking contests (his dream is to master every recipe he can find). And he does all this… WITHOUT A JOB!

Yep. He's unemployed. Yet he makes enough to pay his bills, drives a Toyota Prius (no… not the ones that are being recalled), and has quite a circle of friends made from various chats both on and offline. The Sims are also lucky in their world… they don't pay taxes… EVER. I guess the one offset to all this is their really short lifespan compared to ours… and their really short days to boot. O_O

Still… wouldn't it be nice to live this way? :)

Posted at

The last time I played any Sims game one of my guys had a rather unique curse. Y'see, any female he talked to died soon after. Sometimes while he was talking to them!

So, no, I'd rather not live like a Sim. I also appreciate being able to find my way to the bathroom before I pee myself and never coming across the dilemmna of starving to death after not eating for a day and falling asleep several times while I try to make it to the kitchen to save myself.

Posted at

I was cruel as hell to my sims people, so…. no

crocty
crocty
Posted at

It'd be pretty lame. I'd have to get up to go to the bathroom before doing anything because I'm too retarded to have a bladder bigger than a walnut, to learn how to cook I'd just read a book for 2 minutes, and then the fact that when burglars appear, I can't remove my door is a pretty big downside.

Still, being able to just yell "MOTHERLODE" to get some money would be pretty boss.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

In the world of Sims you come home from work and you only have enough time to do three things. One of them is eat, another is go to the bathroom, and you better hope the last one is something fun, like painting or playing computer. The fact that it takes a half-hour in Sim-time to use the bathroom is quite unsettling. Maybe it's because you can't see what you're doing with that filter in front. I'd rather not be a sim.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

In the world of Sims you come home from work and you only have enough time to do three things. One of them is eat, another is go to the bathroom, and you better hope the last one is something fun, like painting or playing computer. The fact that it takes a half-hour in Sim-time to use the bathroom is quite unsettling. Maybe it's because you can't see what you're doing with that filter in front. I'd rather not be a sim.

Heheh… TS3 sims have it nice. Mine has never had a job. All he does is go fishing or tend his garden. And later in life he can develop a steel bladder so he never ever has to go to the bathroom. Of course I set him up so he actually enjoys being outdoors so he really doesn't need the computer. He still needs to visit the bathroom after gardening or he'll start to stink…

And I guess Skoolmunkee believes in karma, eh? :)

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

fuck no! i always killed em.

Posted at

I always cheated and killed each of my girlfriends after I got tired with em'. Being a Sim would be fun because I could continue my life as a playboy charged with 8 counts of murder, 3 counts of rape, and 2 counts of indecent exposure…

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

I would never want to be a Sim, although my guy seemed to have a promising military career and never seemed tired from it, not too many people would visit him and he was frequently depressed by himself.

The game got so monotonous that I gave up playing it seriously and just starting walling people up in my house like the Cask of Amontillado.

"Now I will have lots of friends… who… who make noise in my wall… my preciouses…"

Posted at

If I was a sim I would, for some unknown reason, go to a room and then the only door would disappear and I would die of hunger. So really I would rather not be a sim.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Wow… evil… and I thought I was bad… My sim, Frenchie Cassonova now has children all over town. He's not even married and not even paying child support. Felt sick after playing him, so I erased him and his town from existence. :)

Now if you were to really live like that you'd be on the run as well be on the "deadbeat dad" list all the time. And when the law finally catches up to you there's gonna be a lot of grief…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Now if you were to really live like that you'd be on the run as well be on the "deadbeat dad" list all the time.
Pfft! Use protection? ;)

Posted at

I would never want to be a Sim, although my guy seemed to have a promising military career and never seemed tired from it, not too many people would visit him and he was frequently depressed by himself.

The game got so monotonous that I gave up playing it seriously and just starting walling people up in my house like the Cask of Amontillado.

"Now I will have lots of friends… who… who make noise in my wall… my preciouses…"
Holy shit… You just described my entire sims gaming experience to the letter. I also made a successful military guy who lived by himself and became depressed.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

It took me like half a sims day to get someones love level up to max, and apparently you make girls bi from just talking to them. So hell yes. :P

I really want to play 3 someday though, maybe when my computer isn't a poop stain.

ksteak
ksteak
Posted at

Sims 1 was awesome fun cos I could download a heap of superheroes and have the craziest looking neighbourhood I wanted. The dad from Frasier wearing a Superman costume? Yes please. Sims 2 had enough stuff like hair colors and different hair meshes that I could almost accomplish the same thing. But Sims 3 is abysmal in that area which really kills the fun of it for me.
Have they fixed that thing where computer controlled players will have babies and toddlers but they won't buy any cribs?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Now if you were to really live like that you'd be on the run as well be on the "deadbeat dad" list all the time.
Pfft! Use protection? ;)

That's part of what makes him a really "bastardly" type sim. Protection is something he doesn't like. I guess he's my Sim version of those guys who refuse to wear protection for any reason.

I guess if we lived like Sims most of our lives would be abyssmal (spelling?) or something, with the constant fear that this omnipotent being is going to make us more miserable or kill us at his/her whim while watching everything we do….

Waitaminute…. don't we already live like that?!? O_O

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

No thanks. I want to be the one in charge of my destiny. Not somebody else.

Posted at

i definitely just killed 2 sims the other day. put one in a one square block room with floor to ceiling windows and watched him starve. put the other in a pool and built a high fence around the edges. I wouldn't want to live like a sim simply because of the sick individuals like me who do this.

Plus, they stress out way too easily and get electrocuted far more often than real people.

On the plus side, it takes less time to learn skills. Want to be a master cook or a guitar virtuoso in a few days? Then sim life is for you!

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

I'd rather not communicate in only jazzy scat singing and crude symbols.

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

I gotta say the sims 3 is pretty boring by itself, but get world adventures and things change dramatically!

You can make your own goddamn tombs and send and receive them on the exchange, plus you can turn your sims into mummies and get them cursed by mummies…

And then there's the buydebug command… Oooh the buydebug command…

They actively encourage you to use cheatcodes!

Posted at

I gotta say the sims 3 is pretty boring by itself, but get world adventures and things change dramatically!

You can make your own goddamn tombs and send and receive them on the exchange, plus you can turn your sims into mummies and get them cursed by mummies…

And then there's the buydebug command… Oooh the buydebug command…

They actively encourage you to use cheatcodes!

Yeah, I turned one of my sims into a vampire once. The idiot couldn't figure out that she shouldn't go out during the day, so if I wasn't manually controlling her every action it'd just be "Wow, it's nice out, I think I'm gonna go visit the neighbours. OH GOD, THE SUN! IT HURTS!". Then they'd pretty much just stay outside until I made them go back in. Every. single. day.

I pretty much gave up on the game at that point, mostly because I realized that not only was I wasting a lot of time on this game but I wasn't having fun. A video game that ceases to have any entertainment value for the player no longer has any purpose.

Byth1
Byth1
Posted at

Yeah, I turned one of my sims into a vampire once. The idiot couldn't figure out that she shouldn't go out during the day, so if I wasn't manually controlling her every action it'd just be "Wow, it's nice out, I think I'm gonna go visit the neighbours. OH GOD, THE SUN! IT HURTS!". Then they'd pretty much just stay outside until I made them go back in. Every. single. day.

I pretty much gave up on the game at that point, mostly because I realized that not only was I wasting a lot of time on this game but I wasn't having fun. A video game that ceases to have any entertainment value for the player no longer has any purpose.

Lol! I turned my sim into a zombie vampire once (he didn't last a day). I've never found Sims unfun but that's just me.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.