Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
same
same
Posted at

Since this is a comic website i thought it would be fun to add a drawing game.

Rules:

If youre going to say something complete the previous request first. Meaning you have to draw to make a request.

No demands.

Anyone can draw and you cant complain about the outcome.

Stay within the forum rules.

Keep moving on. Dont suggest something thats already been covered. Unless it was covered months ago and isnt plainly visible.

If youre vague the artist is allowed to do their own interpritation.

Ok. Im not going to say anything first. Just so it doesnt seem like im only doing this to get you to draw for me.

Additional rules thanks to Zeph and Crocty.
If youre the next to draw the request then post reserved so noone else can take it.
No changing your request. Think about it first.
The first person gets away with not drawing since i didnt make a request.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Make a cute turtle.

Posted at

An overdressed panda.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I got this one covered…

My avatar character doing something funny.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Zeph demands sexy barmaid.

Dammit Niccea D:< I just got done drawing your rabbi robot.

Posted at

OY VEY, THAT'S AMAZING. I gotta try to follow it up out of RESPECT.

Beer tap or no, dunno how sexy it is. I lack the manly spirit! But I forgot to change the scanner resolution, so at first it was so big that I could have used it as a desktop background. XD

…Anyhow, let's have a penguin in a tuxedo for reals this time.

edit: Now hatched and shaded

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

He even comes with a complimentry top hat.

A sexy maid girl!

I'm trying to be challenging!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeep

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Hey I'm not posting, but just a suggestion for the rules that maybe people could post something like "reserved" when they want to draw the previous request.

just in case someone finishes drawing the request, and BAM it's already been done. That would be just embarassing!

You may all continue :o

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

And how about a rule about no changing the picture for the next person, so they don't look stupid -_-

[edit]Only mods can do that. If a person is likely to go and do something that stupid, then it's unlikely that they would ever have gotten the chance to become a mod.
~Product Placement[/edit]

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Reserved for deadpool wearing a top hat.

Just tilt your head…

I want to see a man turned inside out.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

reserved for man turned inside out.

REALLY sketchy I know, I need to start working with my tablet again.

Anyway, my request is pretty open ended, but it has some things I'd like to be the focal point.

-A cute/hot/sexy (take your pic) girl
-A starfighter
-A pilot painting nose art onto said starfighter
-IN COLOR PWEASE!

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Dibs on the cute/hot/sexy girl, unless someone else wants it. Just going to take a bit… got some errands to run.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Same: Not trying to rag on ya, but I think i see what a couple of your problems are.

[strike]Expect to see gif here soon.[/strike]

yeah I know it looks kinda bad. Although I do like how the mouth turned out.

But the idea's the thing. Use basic shapes to construct the form, and then put the clothes on it. It looks more natural and realistic. If you want something much more helpful, there were come tutorials on PolyKarbon that were great. But these work too.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Do tell. Improvements require knowledge of what went wrong.

they sure do. I posted a pic in my last post that shows how I attempt to draw people somewhat realistically. It helps to know a little anatomy and human proportions. Not a lot, but the tutorial that I refound (it was another one I used) has both how to setup and draw a human figure and human proportions, The ones on Polykarbon had some other stuff like proportions of the face and different conventions used in manga (yes they, were manga tutorials, but they were by far some of the best you could get a hold of because they were fairly close to the proportions used in western comic art) and also some help on basic poses.

same
same
Posted at

I agree that the anatomy is off although i did use a q tip and a DS.
The q tip not being a conventional stylus slid all over the screen.
I chose to take up the request as practice. I thought it was fine before i uploaded it to my laptop. Im horrble with anatomy. Thats my flaw.

either they end up top heavy or certain parts dont look right. This is a problem when it comes to digital art. Ill make sure to improve.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I hear my anatomy sucks.

Still working on it.

I appologize for the crappyness. My day was busy, and I'm tired. -_- and sorry for no color.

Niccea and Roku making a cake.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Sorry, but I call DIBS! Reserved for the Niccea and Rokulily cake making.

@Zeph: Don't worry about it. I'll just ask for something else.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Hey I'm not posting, but just a suggestion for the rules that maybe people could post something like "reserved" when they want to draw the previous request.

The only problem I see with this is someone reserving something without requesting something, effectively locking the thread until their picture is done. Of course, you can't request until you've drawn something… so I guess it's the more functional of a choice between a roadblock and a paradox.

My only suggestion (and I haven't seen anyone NOT do this, so I'm not talking to anyone in particular) is if you're going to reserve something, you work it out ASAP.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

sorry ya'll I'm tired and I'd really like to do a good job on this, so if someone elxe want's it go ahead and draw it and post. I'll try and get this done as soon as possible, but I'm giving up my dibs.

Edit. Here's the pic!

My request:

Open ended, but must include a Cute girl, a heavy weapon of some sort, and a panda.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.