Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Driving tips

vgman
vgman
Posted at

I have to drive my dad around from time to time because he has a bad foot problem that prevents him from putting pressure on it. And normally when I drive him it's about a 3-5 hour drive. What's worse is driving puts me to sleep. I was wondering if anybody on DD had any helpful tips on driving for extended periods.

warren
warren
Posted at

Stop every couple hours, or more often if you feel sleepy. Also, don't look at the white line, it can be very hypnotic.

And Cruise Control is for pussies.

joe_vee
joe_vee
Posted at

WHOA! 4hrs thats long. Where do you drive him? My advice would be to drive him to the train station XD it might save u a couple of hrs, and gas too.

vgman
vgman
Posted at

I try to stay away from pills and such. I would talk to my dad if it were not for 2 reasons.

1: He normally sleeps.
2: We don't talk to much.

I normally drive him to Clinton Missouri or Bedford Iowa, and we live in Quincy Illinois.

Thanks for the tips every one.

marine
marine
Posted at

Drive with your face out the window Ace Ventura style. It really sharpens you up for a night of ultra violence.

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

Drive with your face out the window Ace Ventura style. It really sharpens you up for a night of ultra violence.

FanGurlZ
FanGurlZ
Posted at

Using a blue tooth headset while driving makes you look like a asshole, so don't use any.

Posted at

"Whiskey and speed"

(I doubt anyone will get this obscure reference to a great book… "Marilyn Manson - The long hard road out of hell")

But in all seriousness, I drive for the army…. we do 15-20 hour convoys at random times…. the best thing is to have your passenger talk…. I know you dont talk to him much, but think of it as bonding time…. trust me, you only get 1 father, and you will wish you talked to him more when hes gone…..

bongotezz
bongotezz
Posted at

play really loud rock music. it will keep you up.

Posted at

A.M. radio, sports talk for me.

Man that would put me to sleep for sure.

'course an audio version of Murder on the Orient Express might put you to sleep. :)

Posted at

stay a little cold.
just a little.
and hydrated.

also don't hit the bicyclists. no matter how many points they're worth.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.