Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Druck Dunk Role Playing group

Posted at

Hey I am thinking of setting up a small forum based role playing group of DDers the idea just popped into my head and I think with all the artist and writers on here we could have a lot of fun with it. Anybody else see potential in this.

Posted at

So how would people play. One sets himself up as a Game leader, creates scenarios and the rest of the players take turns in posting their actions? If you're playing with systems like D&D or WoD, how will you work out issues like rolling dice for attacks, saves, skills and etc?
If you leave it to the gamers to post die rolls, they'll undoubtedly end up cheating to ensure victory. If you leave it to the Game leader, he'll have to post a reply for every single roll check which will slow down response time and flood each game with replies from him.

Posted at

There is different sites that randomize dice rolls. And I would trust people to post the right rolls. And there are forums that have a random dice thing embedded like the underline, bold, quote, things dd has.

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

This sounds interesting Baron. I'll keep an eye on this and jump in when you are ready to go. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

There is different sites that randomize dice rolls. And I would trust people to post the right rolls. And there are forums that have a random dice thing embedded like the underline, bold, quote, things dd has.

Posted at

In that case, I recommend that you post information on how to access one of these die rolls embeds if you end up running something like this. That way all the players who end up joining will not have to scour the net looking up sites like that and ending up posting results from 5 different places. We'll be saved by arguments where they claim which one is the best.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

*is also interested*

Posted at

Just received a PQ from baron. I thought at first that he was talking about playing a game, using this forum. Apparently (if I understood the PQ)he's talking about taking members over here and host a game on a site specifically designed for role playing.

That makes a whole lot more sense to me.

Posted at

acctually I think I have discovered a way to set the game up here. I got to go to work but anyone who is interested check back later.

Posted at

Hey Baron! The site offers you to mention who referred you to this site. Do you want me to list you as your referrer? If so what is your user name on this site?

Edit. It's The2ndBlackBaron.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I would like something with lots of epic story, elaborate characters and cool one liners.
If its just a lot of stats and stabbing orcs in a dungeon I am less interested.

Also if everyone a talking animal…that would be awesome!

Posted at

I would like something with lots of epic story, elaborate characters and cool one liners.

I agree! Also I'm going to need a lot of help with my character consendering this is my first time.

Posted at

I agree! Also I'm going to need a lot of help with my character consendering this is my first time.
I'm a character creation veteran who's just starting to get the hang of this site. I'll help you out if you have any questions. Just PQ them to me or ask me on the forum at the role playing site.

You can also check out these instruction.
FAQs
A step by step guide in how to create a character on that site.

This is also a treasure trove of useful info.
http://www.d20srd.org/

Posted at

Is it just me or is it all Mafia members in here? Maybe the game is a sign?
It's no huge surprise. Most of the mafia members consist of the most active forum users here on Drunk Duck so that it's not a far fetch that they'd be the ones most interested in this idea.

Posted at

Hey, roleplaying? D&D3.5e? Count me in. :) I'll be glad to see what kind of adventure this leads to.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.