Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

Okay, I've been way out of the loop for months, but now I'm back, and it's time for the question I seem to be asking, on average, every six months: WHERE'S THE DRUNK DUCK ANTHOLOGY?! I'm sure you guys are probably tired of being asked, but seriously now, it's been like two years, and I've been pretty damn patient.

I don't know if this question exists elsewhere on the forum. I wasn't really in the mood to go looking. It's not like there's a search function on the forum, anyway. (hint)

At this point, I wouldn't care if I was told that it was canceled as long as I got SOME kind of answer. Then I can take my work elsewhere, fix it up, or whatever. I get asked, on average, once a week about the book from friends, family, casual aquaintances, total strangers, enemies, and so on, and I can't tell them anything other than the book is in total limbo. I'm actually really, really tired of being asked and getting the stern "you've wasted your time on this book" look.

bongotezz
bongotezz
Posted at

i wasn't around for the last one so i'm not quite sure what it is. it looks like a printed comic book with a selection of comics from DD? if it is that is an awsome idea. please bring it back.

Vindibudd
Vindibudd
Posted at

Well it is on hiatus because they have been trying to get a 60 page Vindibudd story in there. Sorry, my art takes time, I am a method artist.

Chelano
Chelano
Posted at

It is also taking too long cause it takes me months to update so yeah.

Posted at

I'm pretty sure nothing's going to happen with it. Every time we ask we hear that they were making plans for it that ended up having problems, and then the subject disappears for a while.

Posted at

From what I've been told, things are going to happen. Platinum Studios has a new editor-in-chief and he wants to make the third DD anthology become a reality.

To those who have contributed: I'm sorry you guys had to wait so long. :( But the book will rise out of development hell soon!

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

Excellent… eeeeexcellent…

Hey, if you get them to talk, mention it on the Gigcast or something, and if you do that, I'll start updating again.

…No wait, that's not true. I don't do insentives. How bout I just start updating again no matter what? Yeah, that sounds like a much better deal.

However, until some final statement about the book is made, I will ever so delicately haunt Drunk Duck with my passive aggressive forum signature to keep the book from dipping below the radar.

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

Haha we JUST had a meeting about this! We're really gonna be doing it… anybody who is in the book and still involved with DrunkDuck can expect us to be in contact….

Actually due to some of the plans we're making we'll probably need to add more people to the book!

bongotezz
bongotezz
Posted at

how does someone get added to the book?

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

Haha we JUST had a meeting about this! We're really gonna be doing it… anybody who is in the book and still involved with DrunkDuck can expect us to be in contact….

Actually due to some of the plans we're making we'll probably need to add more people to the book!
Holy frijoles! You have no idea how badly I wanted to bump this topic, but I maintained… I maintained. Thank you for not letting this get buried.

Anyhoo, it's good to see that the book is still coming out. Adding more people… also cool. It is now my duty to give a hearty "YES!" in honor of this joyous occaision, along with a few fist pumps.

Any idea on a release date? Approximate? Ballpark? Pulled out of your butt, even?

marine
marine
Posted at

Same offer as before with me Volte, I'd love to be in the melting pot. It'd give me an excuse to show up at the drunk duck tables to sign copies of the book too.

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

Hey, not to step on anyone's toes here, but would you guys be opposed to some of us doing a few extra pages? I mean, the art in the book IS two years old. Some of us have improved and would like to show off a little.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Oh man, my story looks so outdated now. I almost want to draw something new entirely for the book.

Posted at

Oh man, my story looks so outdated now. I almost want to draw something new entirely for the book.

Why not have new art set up for Drunk Duck Anthology Volue FOUR?

Get volume three out and done. Get volume four in the works! And start kicking around ideas for volume 5?

:)

Onward and upward!

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

how does someone get added to the book?

Volte6…ditto this!

Posted at

I'm pretty sure there is going to be leeway for the people already in the book - I'm hoping that even if they don't want to use the story or art they've already done, they'll be given space to do something new, or get some extra pages if they want them.

For the people who don't want to or can't be in it any more, that creates more space for others to use. It will probably be a submission process like before, or a combo submission/voting thing.

Again this is just what I'm hoping, I dunno the details :)

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Ah DD Anthology, I've never gotten a chance to read it, I hope to get the next one….if it comes out that is.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

Well, if it takes long enough to process this time around, I may just completely redraw my submission, otherwise I'll have to leave it as-is (even though I'm a little embarassed by the art compared to what I'm capable of now), though it would be nice if I could draw a "cover" page or some such to show what I'm capable of now to any potential buyers in the future.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

If I was in it, I'd just hide in a corner at a bookstore until someone picks it up.

Then, I'd rush out and say, "THAT'S ME! I DID THAT!"

marine
marine
Posted at

If I was in it, I'd just hide in a corner at a bookstore until someone picks it up.

Then, I'd rush out and say, "THAT'S ME! I DID THAT!"

Now thats funny.

Posted at

Can us commoners make a submission?

Usually submissions are open to anyone on DD :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.