Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

Sign-ups end December 1st!!!!

Heeeeeeello there, folks!!

It's me, Mazoo, creator of Life Like Weeds here!

If you were around last year, you may remember me heading the Drunk Duck Secret Santa…art…swap…thingy. Yeah. Anyway! I am doing that again this year! Hurrah! If you weren't around last year, or you didn't participate or you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, listen up.

The Drunk Duck Secret Santa is a type of art swap for Drunk Duckers in celebration of Christmas. Please note that it doesn't actually have anything to do with Christmas other than the idea of giving others gifts, so no matter what you believe in, you can join in.

Sign-ups are so early to allow lots of advertising and participants.

The rules are thus:

Post to this forum with your name (or screenname), the present that you'd like, and a link to your comic if you are requesting fanart.

A request will look like this:

I'm Mazoo, and I'd like a picture of my character Dan in an elf costume! (Life Like Weeds)

After the sign-up deadline (December 1st), I will be writing down everyone's names and placing them into a hat. I will then draw names randomly and pick who you will have to draw for. Everything is random, and there are no requesting to specifically do anyone's requests. Sorry. I will tell you who you are drawing for by PQ.

I will try to get these PQs out by the first week of December. Once you have your assigned request to work on, all of the presents are to be posted in a Drunk Duck Secret Santa 2007 Present thread, which I will be making closer to the due date and providing a link to in this thread. The presents are due on December 20th (this is to ensure our DWC has some time to get all other presents out by the 24th or at least the end of the year.)

Also, I will be doing the DWC again this year, the Deadbeat Watch Committee. This is a group of artists who are willing to do extra art gifts for those who are paired with jerks who don't keep up their end of the bargain. Just let me know if you'd like to be a DWC member in your request post. Sadly enough, there were a lot of Deadbeats last year, and a couple of them were even DWC members as well. Let's try and not make this Secret Santa like last year.

PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU WERE A DEADBEAT LAST YEAR YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SIGN UP THIS YEAR. Believe me when I say that I have a list and I'm checking it twice and I KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Here is a List of those who CANNOT sign-up this year:

Vaoni
Czweig (This one can be debated. PM me if you want to join this year.)
barbwired
Glarg, comicmasta, whatever the hell your name is now
Drazi (This one can be debated. PM me if you want to join this year.)
Cory
Nintendude
Tigereyes (This one can be debated. PM me if you want to join this year.)
The Mediocre One
Vixus

So! Please sign up for the Drunk Duck Secret Santa 2007!!! Your soul will thank you.

Sign-up List:

DWC 1. Mazoo: Character Dan in an elf costume (Life Like Weeds).
2. Rutger: Character Arthur riding Santa's sleigh (Arthur King).
3. ShadowDion: Character Dariel kicking back some beer or eggnog with Santa (Flying Under the Influence).
4. Hero: Action picture of any hero character (Comet Kid).
5. ShinGen: Comedic fanart or guest strip for DO1 (Dreams of 1337ness).
6. Warspritecomic: Guest strip of either comic or a picture of character Asareth with hippie elves from World of War (VGC World of War).
7. Fern: Character Daphne under misltoe while all the guys around her refuse to participate (Daphne Descends).
8. ncbaddwolf: Characters Donaque and Slash and a big bowl of eggnog (The Zoo at Home).
9. Tantz Aerine: Group pictures of characters David, Zoe, Edith, and Mike partying on Christmas Eve (Wolf).
10. usedbooks: A romantic winter scene with any couple from comic (Used Books).
DWC 11. qdawg: Character in a santa hat (A Look into My Mind).
DWC 12. FoxmanZEO: No request specified
13. Hpkomic: Character Dash (Cosmic Dash).
14. Frostflowers: Christmas-themed picture of Character Nicodemus (white-haired kid) (Morphic).
15. Pixie: Character Seth in a santa hat and hawaiian shirt. Has blonde-dreads and brown eyes (October).
16. BIkKnight: "Offline" characters exchanging gifts (Attach This).
17. Sidwarris Character Mason Alucade as a mall Santa (Mercs).
18. Julibee: Fanart (Gwitch and Fish).
19. crocty: Christmas-themed fanart (Frank and Vinny).
20. Mutation: Fanart of character Trina (Legend of Setar).
21. krulz133: Fanart of Blinky (MMM BooGrrs).
22. AQua_ng: Characters in an epic snowfight (Naive).
23. jgib99: Fanart (How Unfortunate).
24. Keily Shinra: No request specified
25. nibbi: Santa re-invented for 3029
26. darrell: Christmas-themed Fanart (Divine Leap).
27. bryan: Character Kris lounging by a pool (Something Like Life).
28. n_y_japlander: Character Melvin making a snowman (Raw Fish).
29. Fugitoid: Fanart (Premise Beach).
30. AngelVixie: Any character feeding deer in the snow or any holiday-themed fanart (Hand Drawn).

Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far! And please Please PLEASE don't be afraid of signing up for the DWC!! The more people we have on it, the easier it will be to handle the deadbeat requests. I think last year a few people didn't even HAVE to do an extra picture. Thanks again everyone!

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Rutger

Character Arthur riding Santa's sleigh would be awesome.

Comic to be found here.

I understand that we'll get to hear who we gotta do the 'present'for, by PQ or something?

ShadowDion
ShadowDion
Posted at

ShadowDion

I would like someone to draw a sweet picture of my character Dariel, kicking back some beers (or eggnog) with Santa.

Here's my comic
Will you be telling us who we have or will we be picking?

Hero
Hero
Posted at

I'd like to try this again. Last time there was some confusion on my own part, but this time I'm rearing to go!

I'd like an action picture of one or more of my hero characters from Comet Kid. My secret Santa can decide who and what action.

ShinGen
ShinGen
Posted at

ShinGen

Comedic fanart or guest strip for DO1 which can be found here.

Eh what the hell, it was fun last year might as well do it again right? Thanks for organizing all of this btw Mazoo.

Posted at

I'd like to sign up.

As for what I'd like?

I would absoloutly adore either a drawn remake of a strip in any of my two (rarely updated) comics (VGC or World of War)
or
A picture of Asareth (the black mage from World of War) with hippi elves.

I'll let the person who gets it decide.

ncbaddwolf
ncbaddwolf
Posted at

Wasn't here last year but would love to join in on this!

Let's see……From my strip: The Zoo at Home Donaque, Slash, and a big bowl of Eggnog. I'll let the artist decide the action for this.

Tankee!

Posted at

I'd like to sign up and I'd like a group picture of David, Zoe, Edith and Mike (from Wolf) partying on Christmas Eve :)

qdawg
qdawg
Posted at

Why not. I'd like my character in a Santa hat doing whatever. As long as he's in a Santa hat. My comic is here. I'd also like to be in the DWC

FoxmanZEO
FoxmanZEO
Posted at

Is it possible to sign up, for the DWC, if we don't have a comic?

I feel so impoverished for some reason, send reply to: box@mouldy.alley. :c

Posted at

This looks awesome!

I'd love a picture of my character Nicodemus - Christmas-themed, but the Secret Santa can decide the details. Comic is here - Morphic. (Nicodemus is the white-haired kid).

Pixie
Pixie
Posted at

Sign me up!

I'm Pixie, and I'd like a picture of my character Seth from October. Ideally, in a Santa hat, although he's also partial to hawaiian shirts. :D (Colour-wise, he has blonde dreads and brown eyes, since I'm aware it's hard to tell in a greyscale comic). I'll leave the rest up to whoever. :)

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Hey this is an awesome idea!…I'd sign up…but…Well I'd have to draw someone's complicated character then!…and someone would have to draw my UNcomplicated character. I tip my bonnet to everyone who isn't a retard and DID sign up…

Posted at

I'm Sidwarrious and I'd like the character Mason Alucade of Mercs to be a mall Santa. That seems funny to me, even though there is no Christmas in this world nor is it a modern setting. A Good full length picture of Mason is in the Mercs-Extras forums.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Mercs/

qdawg
qdawg
Posted at

I thought I might tell you all. If I get you I will try my best to draw your characters. But don't be surprised if it's not as good as you hoped.

Posted at

Same for me, though Ropin will be the one who draws.

Julibee
Julibee
Posted at

Ooooh, I love secret santa events. Especially arty ones =D

I'm Julibee, and I think it would be cool to get…. well, anything based off of my comic Gwitch and Fish: http://www.drunkduck.com/Gwitch_and_Fish/ I'm not picky.

Wooo… fun stuff.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Aww hell, I'll sign up! I'll try mah best!

I'm crocty, and I'd like my characters Frank and Vinny, Doing anything christmas themed, aslong as it's not rated M or A…!!!!!1! Make them dancing around the christmas tree or something…ANYTHING!

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Croc: I can't draw either, let alone someone elses character. I do a friggin'sprite, but hell, this idea rocks, so of course I'm game.

Mutation
Mutation
Posted at

Hmn, I'll give it a shot. It's a really good idea, despite my background worries.

Mutation - Just wants a picture of Trina, do anything you like pretty much. Link= www.drunkduck.com/Legend_of_Setar

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.