Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

The details I've been getting about the new DragonBall movie coming up have given me inspiration for a neat little community project. Here's the idea: each person who signs up will randomly be assigned to the comic of a fellow DDer on the list. Once assigned to your comic, it'll be your task to do 1-3 pages turning your assigned comic into a Hollywood movie summary. Twist the plot, cast inappropriate actors, change all of the costumes into black leather… basically, give it the same treatment any Hollywood director/screenwriter would give it. However you want to do it is up to you, whether you want to do a poster, a mini-comic, a storyboard parody, etc. Just reply to this post or send me a PQ if you're interested. If you have more than one comic, be sure to specify which one you want movie-ized.

UPDATED 10/1: Once this initial run is complete, I may try a slightly different system. Instead of waiting for a certain amount of entries and randomly assigning everyone a movie, I'd like to try a turn-based approach - which is to say, the next in line does a feature on the most recent artist's comic. Let me know if you have any opinions on this process, otherwise, I'll experiment with it in the next run.

1) PIT_FACE (Putrid Meat)
2) Bittenbymonk (Uper Dave)
3) amanda (Salt the Holly)
4) Jules (Paint Heroes)
5) AccoSpoot (Desanudeis)
6) Hapoppo (Punk-Pink)
7) Vakanai (Tank Bubbles)
8) Red Slayer (This Title is a Trap)
9) jgib99 (How Unfortunate)
10) usedbooks (usedbooks)
11) KomradeDave (Gugu)

Drasnus
Drasnus
Posted at

I like this idea alot, though I'm busy at the moment so I can't join for now.

Good luck.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

i'm interested for Putrid Meat!

Posted at

you can sign uper dave up for any kind of malicious b*stardisation.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

That actually sounds like a really cool idea! Sign me up (and with Salt the Holly, please).

Jules
Jules
Posted at

Whenever this starts up I'll be more than happy to join; sounds mad fun.
*Oh, and you could use "Paint Heroes" or "RPG".

AccoSpoot
AccoSpoot
Posted at

Sounds like a great idea, sign me up!

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

I wish I had time, sounds really cool!

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

I'm in.
Eh…I suppose I'll have either Rumbles Late Night or Tank Buddies Forever movie-ized.
Probably Tank Buddies, it's the only comic with 100% my own original characters owned by no one else.

I feel sorry for whoever gets stuck doing my comic…

jgib99
jgib99
Posted at

Heck. I can't pass this up. Let's see how Hollywood would screw up How Unfortunate.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

and that would fill the roster!hope hapoppo's still watching this thread.

Posted at

I'ma kick GuGu into the mix, those it's a little "Michael Bay" already, should be fun.

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

Alright, everyone's been assigned a movie. PQ me or justy respond here if you have any questions, and have fun!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

i haven't been assigned anything. maby just post a list of who has what, cuase my PQ's screw up sometimes and i dont know who else's does.

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

i haven't been assigned anything. maby just post a list of who has what, cuase my PQ's screw up sometimes and i dont know who else's does.

Fair enough… Drunk Duck's been having a few server and/or code issues lately, so it wouldn't surprise me if the PQs weren't coming through. So here they are:

1) PIT_FACE: jgib99 (How Unfortunate)
2) Bittenbymonk: Hapoppo (Punk-Pink)
3) amanda: Red Slayer (This Title is a Trap)
4) Jules: usedbooks (usedbooks)
5) AccoSpoot: Vakanai (Tank Bubbles)
6) Hapoppo: amanda (Salt the Holly)
7) Vakanai: Jules (Paint Heroes)
8) Red Slayer: PIT_FACE (Putrid Meat)
9) jgib99: Bittenbymonk (Uper Dave)
10) usedbooks: KomradeDave (Gugu)
11) KomradeDave: AccoSpoot (Desanudeis)

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Sent my pages - but with some of the PQ issues going on, I don't know if you got them Hapoppo ^.^

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

Not a problem, they're all here in my inbox. I'll put them up once I get the site itself together. Thanks for your participation!

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

Groovy, that makes two complete entries so far. I should be good to start putting up pages tomorrow. Also, I'm going to space each participant's movie out a bit so everyone has a chance to see them all, so don't panic if you've sent yours in and it hasn't yet appeared.

Posted at

sorry! I've been away for a week, looks like I gotta hit the ground running! and fer the record, no pq received on my part either.

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

usedbooks' two-page feature on the GuGu movie is now up! She actually finished her entry only a couple days after Amanda's, and before the site was up, but I wanted to space out the features so one wouldn't drown the others out.

Masq
Masq
Posted at

This is such a great idea. I don't have much time or talent to sign up, so I'll stay tuned.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

I'll have my page in by later today.
I wasn't quite sure what to do, so I decided to…well, you'll just have to see I guess.
HAHAHAHA! Evil! Pure, unadulterated evil! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
I mean, er…Hollwood!
*runs and hides*

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.