Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Amelius
Amelius
Posted at

Hey you, yes you who clicked in to see what this was about!
'Tis a community comic not unlike our current DD Civil War event, and following in the trend of Marvel fads: Drunk Duck Zombies!
The idea manifested itself during the WW Philly convention, and a few inspirational Zombies were sketched out by the super-awesome people that were at the DrunkDuck table! Enjoy these nifto-neaty drawings:

By DJ Coffman of Hero By Night

By jgib99 of How Unfortunate

By Alexis of Life on the Fringe

By Acadia of Applied Living

By Evil Emperor Nick, who founded the idea and conspired with our fine table mates for its creation.
He'll probably be in here to fill in the important details, as far as I know it's kinda like Marvel Zombies, with your DD characters being infected or trying to survive a DD flooded with zombie hordes! Sounds like fun eh? I think so!

Posted at

o.o Odeer, that would be interesting! But, I'm holding out for a Hero-I mean, More information before makin' any commitment.

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

Curse you and your accursed ability to go to conventions that aren't in your immediate area.

Anyway, sounds interesting. I'll wait to hear more about it, though.

Posted at

Well my thought was something like this. As civil war winds down we'll post up the sort on intro to DD Zombies as the zombie plagued duck claims the first victems and begins to spread through DD. Basically then, much like Civil War, everyone can submit short stories of what happens durring the zombie plague with a central DD Zombie comic to sort of chart the over all corse of the Zombie Plague!

In short the idea is to have fun with Zombies and maybe do a few cameos and cross overs. I for one look forward to having my brains eaten by the like of a Zombie Ronson or Hero by Night.

Anyone can do a short story and I thought maybe we can have sign ups if anyone wants to do a 'day' in the Zombie plague. Sort of passing the story along as one author finishes a day and the next person picks up the story. I was thinking we could have an intro 28 days and then a finally for our zombie out-break for a total of 30 offical DD Zombie issues. No min or max on how many pages a day should be so have fun with it.

-Empire Out

NPC_Girl
NPC_Girl
Posted at

Fine I'll join in nick *glares in his general direction* you'll have to remind me though when it starts. or i shall forget.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Sounds cool.
My question is should the zombie enter our main comic or should we make a comic JUST for the duck zombie?

ceb_dyson
ceb_dyson
Posted at

heh I'm not a big fan of Zombies….alright, I down right hate them. They give me the creeps and nightmares. Basically, once I'm dead I'd like to stay that way.

Still, I'm game on doin a short-story using Dyson as my char. Should be a fun side thing ta do. Take some zombies down…keheh I'll keep an eye out on the front page then!

Posted at

Bocaj: You can do which ever you prefer. I think most people would make mini-comics but there is no reason you can't just do a story arc in your regular comic. I'm not going to bog this thing down with to many rules.

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

If I get a comic up and running, I might do one comic, but that's about it.

The original Marvel story just creeped me out.

Posted at

Hmmm, okay, I can get in on that…but it'd have to be something outside the continuity of my comics…*thinkthinkplanplot*

Posted at

I'm not sure I understand totally (I'm not a part of the whole Civil War thing and I didn't care enough to figure it out.) But, I love Zombies! I'd be willin' to do something with my comic "Toil and Trouble." I could easly add a zombie to the mix for a few strips, or in an alternative comic strip. (Like what 16 pages? That's a comic right?)

Tell me more, I am stroking my chin in interest.

Posted at

Well the general idea is to have Zombies invade various DD comic (mostly in mini-comic spin offs) and maybe to have fun with zombie crossovers. For example I think it would be really fun with zombies but I'm hoping a few people get together and do cross overs. Like for example a Zombie Juno from Star Cross Destiny running about trying to eat some of the characters from Pinky T.A or something like that.

I think half the fun of the idea is seeing DD characters turn into zombies. If you want to get more involved you could help with the main Zombies mini-series as soon as the intro is up.

Posted at

Ha ha, Zombies. Zombies rule. I'm so bringing a war to Amaranthine XD

Meaning I'm so in.

Posted at

Zombies, eh? Which comic should the zombies invade?

I'll probably make a minicomic using BFH. Yeah, that'll work. Maybe have a little zombie Super Steve Brothers in there too, just for kicks.

SomaX
SomaX
Posted at

I am so in! This + MOSAIC = zombie ninja!

Reashi
Reashi
Posted at

i am totally so hyped about zombificating stuff :D im in if anyone wants to crossover? Im sure i can draw up a one shot zombie crossover comic thing that exists out of canon just like real comics -shifty eyes- anyone willing to work with me on this one?

SomaX
SomaX
Posted at

I'll work with you Reashi!

Posted at

So what rating are we aiming for? Its all good and fun blowing up zombie brains and ripping off limbs but it could easily go into the higher ratings if there's not highest rating like in DDCW. Or is this aimed at older members on DD?

Dazzus
Dazzus
Posted at

Hmm Sounds interesting.

Posted at

I'd join some sort of crossover.

Posted at

Rating wise I figure if it isn't part of the main story line it can be whatever you want it to be, if you are signing up to do one of the main story days I thin probably PG-13 to a light R should be our goal. I mean it is zombies so you expect some horrible gore but lets not go overboard. I think Army of Darkness (though not Evil Dead 1 which hard a much more graphic horror film) or Marvel Zombies is probably a good guide line.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.