Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

A long time ago back in 2002 there was a community comic called "Duck and Quail" that featured the two Drunk Duck site mascots. It was shortlived unfortunately as the site soon after totally crashed and burned, and after it was resurrected the community comic never got restarted.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Duck_and_Quail/

Now as a curiosity i have begun to repost those few strips that WAS made but that got me thinking. Wouldn't it be fun to restart the comic with new submissions from all the new people on the site?

What do ya say? Anyone up for doing some Duck and Quail comics?

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I might do something, just need a funny gag…

Posted at

Yeah, I'm interested in resurrecting this comic! Don't know what I'd do though… I'll have to think of some really bad bird related puns…

Posted at

We've got a whole site relaunch coming, that must provide some ideas. :]

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

It has, I have a couple in mind. just need the time to do them.

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

Great, hopefully we can get some new fun stripts out of this!

Also i don't think we need to make overly intelligent jokes but rather keep it silly and just goof around. If someone wants to create a storyline go for it, or there could just be single strips about whatever comes to mind.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Yeah I have a story arc of strips in mind, started already. gag stuff isn't my weapon of choice so it's not so easy.

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

Great!
You can all make any kind of format you like. It doesn't have to be confined to a 3-4 panel setup, anything goes. Just keep it silly and have fun with it! :]

Whenever you got a page or strip ready, PQ me it and i will upload it to the comic.

JazylH
JazylH
Posted at

This should be fun. I'll definitley try to come up with something. :D

Reashi
Reashi
Posted at

I am interested in doing a few strips, let me see what I can come up with. : D

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

Sounds great people! Looking forward seeing what you come up with! :)

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

So far I have received submissions from:

* bloody_nora
* Reashi

How's it going for the rest of you?

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Slowly. gonna try and finish it tonight.

Reashi
Reashi
Posted at

Hmmm, definitely going to try to work on a few more over the week : D

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

I've now also gotten a funny comic from Vig Starmax.

…and i'll be posting up the new comics as soon as things get a bit more stable at the site!

Keep em' coming people and dont be afraid to use some stabs and satire. Im sure there's a lot to get inspiration from these days.  ha-ha :D

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

I'll be posting the new comics very shortly.

Everyone is still welcome to make some Duck and Quail comic so if you'd like to join the fun please do. Draw something funny/strange/lame and send it to me. Do it! :)

Gunwallace
Gunwallace
Posted at

Is this still going? I have an idea for a series of three/four panel gag strips that work togther to tell of Duck's quest/road trip to find the Quail, which becomes an epic battle for the soul of the Duck.  I have an artist who can do some of them. Are you interested, and where do I send them?

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

oh yes! Everyone is welcome to join in. I haven't gotten any submissions in a while so it would be great if you continued it. ( and your story idea sounds incredible! :) )

You can send me links to the comics via PQ or e-mail me the files to warpedup@hotmail.com

Gunwallace
Gunwallace
Posted at

Sent you an email, VegaX … check that spam folder. (Apprently all my electric thoughts taste like pressed meat.)

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I've drawn a few pages of Gunwallaces Duck and quail script.  There is a lot more since the guy is a writing machine.
I think it has the potential to be the best Duck and quail has to offer, straight up.  So if anyone would be interested in doing a page or two that would be fantastic, there are about thirty so far…

Gunwallace
Gunwallace
Posted at

Just to clarify: a 'page' is a three or four newspaper-style panel strip, not a full on comic page. And I will happily allow repeated panels. So if you can draw The Duck and a toaster a couple of times you've got what it takes.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Holy quacks!  30 pages?  I can only guess what you kiwi types might do 24/7.

OK - so I'm not the world's best artist
(ggggggggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggg.  cough  – I'm alright. not to worry)

but maybe I could try my hand at a panel or two,
(btw, Genejoke, I do have a lite biye story on its way)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.