Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Dun dun duuuuuuuun! I have arrived!

Posted at

Greetings!

My name's Scott, and despite being on DD for a few weeks now, this is the first time I've taken the time out to really introduce myself into the community. I've been meaning to do some networking in the web comic community, but always seem to have a hard time doing it.

I think DD's ability to comment on the comic pages themselves is fantastic for feedback. Especially for a perfectionist like myself who craves feedback, both good and bad.

My main comic is Super Temps (http://www.drunkduck.com/Super_Temps/).

I've been drawing since I was two, but haven't gotten serious about it since high school. After a brief career as a computer programmer in Toronto (the bubble burst) I've switched to marketing. I've graduated the course and am shopping around for shops to work at.

In the meantime, I want to make a run to see if I can get some real attention with Super Temps. My problem being I don't really have a good idea how. The business world still hasn't really figured out the 'net yet.

Finally, I'd just like to say a bit about how my drawing style has developed. I've just come to the self-realization that my finished product is colouring book style – I have thick outlines, thinner detail lines. It reminds me a LOT of a children's colouring book. The funny thing for me is that it seems to work.

ShinGen
ShinGen
Posted at

Welcome to DD mate!

Posted at

Hi, Scott. Welcome to Drunk Duck. Glad you finally mustered up the gumption to stop in. DD has some fantastic features, the best of which it's is ultra-easy interface. That's why she's my hero. I can relate to lost careers (I used to teach) but, it's fun keepin' things exciting. (I write now. ) You comic will probaby go through several phases before you're happy…Just keep pluggin' away and welcome.

Posted at

Man, I just re-read my intro. I should get more sleep before writing. But thanks for the welcome all!

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

Glad you're here, Scott! Welcome!

I've been following Super Temps since I found it on Comic Genesis a while back. It's hilarious and has some very memorable characters and storylines. A definite fave of mine and recommended! :)

Man, I just re-read my intro. I should get more sleep before writing. But thanks for the welcome all!

Posted at

Thanks Allen! I'd say you're bringing Skull Girl one step closer to world domination, but she'd have to have at least five years experience before management will give her that opportunity, and it's probably not in her career plans anyway.

So I'll just say you make her smile.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Don't worry about late-night posting. I do it all the time. But then again, I don't sleep much…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.