Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

Yeah, I felt an earthquake a about 5:30 this morning. It shook my whole bed. I'm pretty sure it was a 5.4 - 5.5 magnitude. Then we had aftershocks throughout the day. Weak one's that could barely be noticed. Then about two hours ago, the windows in my house shook. This is the first earthquake I've ever experienced. Anyone else experienced one?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

There's no feeling like that of the Earth quivering under your feet. Where I live, we tend to get them frequently.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

California?

The Marianas Island chain. Right next to the deepest known ocean trench, which is what you call a "subduction zone". Every time that thing slips, we get an earthquake.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Yeah.
Woke me up, the bed and TV were shaking like made.
I thought it was some poltergeist 'er something…
Then I realised "Oh, it's probably an earthquake" and went back to sleep.
Next day there were reports of an earthquake.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

That's weird, because I just read on the newsfeed that there were earthquakes in the Midwest this morning, and then I read this immediately afterward.

Yeah, earthquakes are freaky. I used to live in Los Angeles and they were happening all the time. You could sit on the couch and feel little vibrations/aftershocks through the cushions nonstop. …I was in a grocery store one time and felt one so big, all the groceries fell off the shelves and this big sign that was hanging above me was swinging around, getting ready to fall on my head. If it would have fallen, I probably wouldn't be typing this right now.

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

Yeah.
Woke me up, the bed and TV were shaking like made.
I thought it was some poltergeist 'er something…
Then I realised "Oh, it's probably an earthquake" and went back to sleep.
Next day there were reports of an earthquake.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Then I turned on the radio and they said we just had an earthquake.

Posted at

Yeah, we had one a while ago.

I. . . I slept through it.

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

Yeah, we had one a while ago.

I. . . I slept through it.

I still don't get how you could sleep through that…

Marguati
Marguati
Posted at

I've experienced one, some years ago, in the middle of the night… it's a quite rare thing here, so at first I thought it was just light-headedness caused by hypotension. I realized it was an earthquake only when it was over

Posted at

Where I live, we don't get many earthquakes, but I do recall having one several years back.

It was mostly a sudden rumbling, like someone was doing some blasting for construction work a mile away or so. We've got it lucky like that up here, because earthquakes can be scary and dangerous acts of nature.

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

I, too, did not feel it.

But my friend's now freaking out, paranoid that we'll have a huge, devastating one later. Nobody has been able to convince her otherwise. XD

Posted at

That earthquake sucked so hard. Didn't even wake me up and now the news is just covering it non-stop because it's been such a terrible newsweek. Last night they ran a story about the polygamist cultists' hair style. :/

Daxy
Daxy
Posted at

Experienced one. I thought it was our washing machine because sometimes it would make the house rumble a bit. ^^"

Posted at

Nah. I live in Virginia. We don't get Earthquakes here. :)

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

Where I live, we don't get many earthquakes, but I do recall having one several years back.

It was mostly a sudden rumbling, like someone was doing some blasting for construction work a mile away or so. We've got it lucky like that up here, because earthquakes can be scary and dangerous acts of nature.
Yeah, there hasn't been an earthquake here in over 20 years, until now.

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

I'm in Ohio and I thought I felt a tremor that day….but maybe it was just my fan acting up and shaking my floor. =P

I live in Indiana, so you might have felt it.

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

That earthquake sucked so hard. Didn't even wake me up and now the news is just covering it non-stop because it's been such a terrible newsweek. Last night they ran a story about the polygamist cultists' hair style. :/

This is why I don't watch the news.

Posted at

I get earthquakes all the time. The houses back home are specially reinforced to stand them so I never worry the least bit when one strikes. We haven't had a good one in a while though.

mousetrap
mousetrap
Posted at

sounds scary!

i remember this one time i was probably in grade 6 and there was an earthquake that shook the classroom. (a book fell down!)
they told all the younger kids that it was just a really big truck driving by, so they wouldn't get scared. hahaha.

we get a earthquakes once in awhile where i am. i usually sleep through them, though, or don't really notice. my dad ALWAYS does though, but when he says anything about 'that little earthquake this morning!' i'm always like 'wut'.

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

sounds scary!

i remember this one time i was probably in grade 6 and there was an earthquake that shook the classroom. (a book fell down!)
they told all the younger kids that it was just a really big truck driving by, so they wouldn't get scared. hahaha.

we get a earthquakes once in awhile where i am. i usually sleep through them, though, or don't really notice. my dad ALWAYS does though, but when he says anything about 'that little earthquake this morning!' i'm always like 'wut'.

Something similar happened to my friend. Sorta. A tornado touched down close to his school and they had to do the drill thingy. He was waling in the hall and yelling "We're all gonna die!" to the little kids.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.