Posted at

Summary of this post:

What: Words That Follow
When: Thursdays at 8 PM Eastern Time (1AM GMT). Stay as long as you'd like.
Where: Here
How: Just click "Play the Game." You will need Java for it.
Why: Work on your humo(u)r, hang out with Duckers, and have a bit o' fun.

I'm challenging every last one of you to a Words That Follow contest. Well, rather, it's a gathering more than anything else. I stumbled across this little game-a-roo, which I thouroughly enjoyed back in the day. But I can't play it anymore since it is essentially a ghost town.

The concept is simple: There's a picture shown and everyone comes up with a clever caption for the picture. After 45 seconds, everyone votes on the captions, and the best one gets the points. At the end of 7 rounds, the one with the most points wins.

I'm offering the entire DD community a chance to practice their punchlining while having a little group fun at the same time. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. In fact, I think it's a damned good idea.

The time for this is tentatively set for Thursdays at 8PM Eastern time. If there's a rousing reason to set it to something else, I will seriously consider it. You will need Java to play, but if you click on "The WTF Instructions," they'll help you out. I don't care which room people gather in, as long as it isn't the clean room or the acronym room. Just look for a room with people in it.

Let me know if there's any interest.

Otherwise, I'll see you cats tomorrow night.