Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Fandangulations, "storm-bucklers"!

Posted at

Greetings all!

Just joined and look forward to getting back into comics again.

I am looking for a mentor/s, where I will basically just pick your brain to see what steps you took to get your stuff up here to some level of satisfaction that you would call it 'successful' and have the interest and patience to mentor me. (Learn about me below.)

Right now I keep telling myself I'm "resting" and "re-charging my batteries", but more and more I regret losing my momentum for most things creative. I used to be quiet the plate-spinner; doing several kinds of creative projects at one ime, and justifying it with, "Well, SOME people CAN do several creative things at once."

I am a rusty multi-instrument musician, singer/songwriter, recovering karaoke addict, music collector (I only love about the last 80 years of music), ordained Minister (unorthodox, thank god) of the Universal Life Church, former small-time radio and television host/producer/writer, fan and promoter of nonsense, alternative-comedy video shorts star/writer/producer, Founder of "The Homer & Jethro Musical Preservation Society" (5 years) and rusty cartoonist, etc., etc., etc…

I used to self-publish from 1988 to about 2004 or so. Always in black-and-white, I drew, wrote, xeroxed, stapled and sold via mail-order to over 30 states a few in other countries. The first series was the stream-of-consciousness "The Amazing Arnie!" (of which also emerged the (lone) "best-of" collection "The Amazing Arnie's First Annual Amazing Arnie Annual" ) and then there was "Bloody Ramon's Miscellaneous Cavalcade of Real Cheap Fun and Hungry Truckdriver Love", (with every issue a different cast and purpose - the first of which is titled "A Leg Without a Brain"), as well as the full-size "Vomitry" one-off and the "The Frozen Cement Explosion" mini-comic various-artists' gallery series.

I live with my cat (Miss Tigly) in Hawthorne, California. I desperately need a better job though I enjoy my work as a full-time graphic artist.

I am currently a Facebook addict. (Notify me here first if you want to friend me).

Here is a link to an old comic of mine; "THE HUNCHBACK OF NOSTRADAMUS" at this link: http://www.trigonrecords.com/thomas/hunch/cover2.htm (with color cover). Be sure to scroll down to hit the "next" arrow-finger button thingy to read the whole story - it is 8 pages long. Made as a 1/4 page "mini-comic", and drawn at 100% size.

Don't get me started on music - I need to post a list of who I like.

Posted at

I bet a list of the people you consider influences could be wrapped around the world three times.

what steps you took to get your stuff up here to some level of satisfaction that you would call it 'successful' and have the interest and patience to mentor me.

Ha. Ha ha ha ha. Good one.

Oh shit, you're serious.

Right now I keep telling myself I'm "resting" and "re-charging my batteries", but more and more I regret losing my momentum for most things creative.

Join the club.

justifying it with, "Well, SOME people CAN do several creative things at once."

These people are actually robots.

List of stuff.

So, you're a fucking renaissance man?

Puredragon
Puredragon
Posted at

Holy post… I thought mine was long.

But it was nice to read, you've led an interesting life I'll give you that. The comic wasn't bad either, I liked it.

I've got a comic on here, but I'm still very new so I consider myself far from being able to 'mentor' anyone. If you like it, or you need help with anything, feel free to ask me questions though, I'd love to help.

Nice to meet you!

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, Would You like a Cold Hot Cola?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.