Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

The great debate rages on. Is it worse to be fat, or bald? Just wondering where people weigh in on that. Ladies, would you rather have a buff dude with a shiny dome or a pudgy Fabio? Dudes, if you had to give up either your hair or your buffness, which would you go for?

Personally, if I had to give one up, it'd be the hair. I mean, chicks dig Jason Statham just fine. And a bald head's a sign of manliness, right? So that'd make me, like, some kind of ultra-man!

Net
Net
Posted at

I spent 5 years in the Marines. I got so used to not having hair, I'd be ECSTATIC if I'd go bald. As it is now, I leave it as short as I can most of the time… reduces my shower time, don't have to comb it, the benefits go on and on.

If you're bald, you can just apply sunscreen in the sun. If you're fat, you have to work to lose weight. There's not really a comparison.

UNFORTUNATELY, if I were to go bald now, I'd have BOTH features, bald and chubby. BLAH…

>Net

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

I don't give a toss about either, honestly- provided ya don't have like, an old-guy comb-over and aren't obese to the point of debilitation.

What really matters? Size. If'n ya know what I mean.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

Hey, it ain't the size of your boat that matters; it's the motion in the ocean!

Yunno what looks weird to me? When a guy goes bald on the top of his head, but he's still got that lonely little island of hair growing in the front. Like, dude, why don't you shave that off?!

Posted at

I would rather die than give up my hair. It's the only aspect of myself that I don't hate at the moment.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I'd rather be fat. I love my hair.

As for bald men with that scrap out the front, I salute them. Those bastards aren't giving up without a fight! Comb-overs are sad, but a bald man with wild hair sticking out everywhere else on the head is cool.
That celebrates the baldness more than some knob-like shaved bonce, it draws attention to it! You GO girl ^_^

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

…but a bald man with wild hair sticking out everywhere else on the head is cool.
That celebrates the baldness more than some knob-like shaved bonce, it draws attention to it! You GO girl ^_^
Hells yeah. The "street crazy" look. I'd get with that. :D

Whatever helps ya sleep at night. >:)

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I'm routinely bald, or semi bald at least. Many of my friends make jokes when I refer to my… hair. It may only be 2mm long but it's there damn it!

But yeah, I'm trying extra hard NOT to get fat lately, so I'd much rather give up my hair. I mean ALL of it.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

Whatever helps ya sleep at night. >:)

Heeey! I wasn't talking about ME! Really!

Honest!

I wasn't!

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

haven't you seen mr. clean?

i'd personally rather go bald.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

is pawed by…

Posted at

Bald is worse… mostly because it is possible to lose weight in all but the extreme cases (in which they chop out 80% of your stomach so you can't stuff yourself with food anymore), whereas going bald is so far irreversible… of course you could pretend with wigs and all but these are usually damn obvious :P

Net
Net
Posted at

if I ever do go fully bald, I've already told my wife I'm only getting ONE wig/hairpiece. When she insists that I have hair…

I'll pull out the 80's Macguiver wig and go retro, baby! Yay for feathering and a mullet! WHOOT!

>Net

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

This seems like a rather easy question. Being bald isnt really an unattractive feature. Shit, I'm a guy and I've dated bald chicks.

Fat on the other hand… ugh. Disgusting. The way it rolls, the greasey flaps and folds of the blubbery bastards makes me want to vomit.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Bald, definitely. I do like long hair, usually, but some guys can pull of short hair or the bald look really well.
I think some girls can look really nice being a bit chubby, but I don't like it on guys. With guy it's not curves, it's just rolls. And that's kinda ick.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

some girls can look really nice being a bit chubby

I once dated a girl who started at a respectable 130lbs. Cute girl, really nice. She slowly got bigger and bigger to the pont where she would whine about being around 160lbs. So eventually I just started to give her subtle reminders that I found her physically unattractive.

At least she was sexy when I did it with her, so whatev'.

There is a line between feing "full" but having the figure, and just being a fatass. And those tells are incredibly obvious (i.e. fat people are fat)

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

LeFarce,

Do you make a point of being THIS ignorant about fat or did someone teach you to be a bigot? Or do you just have a deep fear about it?

(And I'm not fat. I'm just an activist against fat discrimination. So there! ;) )

I'm glad you found your slightly plump girlfriend sexy at times, at least…

some girls can look really nice being a bit chubby

I once dated a girl who started at a respectable 130lbs. Cute girl, really nice. She slowly got bigger and bigger to the pont where she would whine about being around 160lbs. So eventually I just started to give her subtle reminders that I found her physically unattractive.

At least she was sexy when I did it with her, so whatev'.

There is a line between feing "full" but having the figure, and just being a fatass. And those tells are incredibly obvious (i.e. fat people are fat)

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

So eventually I just started to give her subtle reminders that I found her physically unattractive.

Real classy. -_-
Seriously though, if you find a girl unattractive, fine, break up with her. That makes sense. But don't make her feel awful in the process.

Dueeast, I wouldn't say it's discrimination in this case. No one is going to date someone who they don't find physically attractive at least a bit. I'm not saying what lefarce did was nice, but that's not really the right word.

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

is pawed by…

and then some fat people have glandular problems. :/

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

So eventually I just started to give her subtle reminders that I found her physically unattractive.

Real classy. -_-
Seriously though, if you find a girl unattractive, fine, break up with her. That makes sense. But don't make her feel awful in the process.

Okay, say you're in a long term relationship with someone who has, for lack of a better term, "let themselves go". Are you just gonna kick 'em to the curb the minute you decide you're not attracted to them? If you've got a lot invested in a relationship, or god forbid are actually in love with this person, then you're going to try to delicately let them know they need to take better care of themselves to keep your, um, attention.

It's not fun for the partner who's put on weight; I mean, it's not like they don't know; and honestly they're probably very self-conscious about it. Nor is it fun to feel like you're an asshole for no longer wanting to be with your partner because of the weight gain- especially if you haven't gained weight; it feels really unfair.

If you don't say anything then both of you go on being miserable. If you try a subtle approach, it gets ignored or missed. If you come out and are blunt, feelings get hurt; sometimes irreparably.

Anyway you look at it, someone's gonna feel awful.

Posted at

Well I recently got my widows peak. I do VERY well with the ladies. I think that being attractive is more about confidence than anything. You can work with what you've got just fine if you give it the right approach. Especially for men. Me I'll date about anybody who has a vagina but I'm not gon'na be serious about someone who is overweight. I take care of myself I expect my partner to do the same.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I'm already fat, so I'd rather not go bald at this point. -_- I probably would be happy to trade though. I've spent thousands of dollars on doctors trying to figure out and manage my weight issues. If I was bald, I could cover it with a wig, and I'd be able to find nice clothes that fit me.

In terms of who I'd be attractive to? I've never dated, so it's all hypothetical. I personally find skinny guys unattractive, but my sister does (or did) too, and the current love of her life is as thin as a flag pole. If any guy in my generation was interested me, I wouldn't object (or no more than my usual crippling shyness). For a long term thing, I'd just want him to take care of himself. I probably couldn't be serious about a smoker or someone who eats unhealthy (too much or too little), but not all fat people are unhealthy.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

I personally find skinny guys unattractive, but my sister does (or did) too, and the current love of her life is as thin as a flag pole.
I agree, guys under 140lbs are gross looking, i'm not even sure where the trend for them to look like that came from either. AIDs patient emo skinny just isn't hot on a guy (and arguably on many girls too).

A little more unfair is short guys, you've just got to feel bad for the 'guy' who's under 5'8" at his full growth, but most of them make fun of everything that moves to compensate for their shortcomings.

For me i'd pick bald, pick out a cool wig and stuff. :)

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I agree, guys under 140lbs are gross looking, i'm not even sure where the trend for them to look like that came from either. AIDs patient emo skinny just isn't hot on a guy (and arguably on many girls too).
Just like with fat people, sometimes it's not a choice. My sister's beau has spent his entire life trying to put on weight.

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

Just like with fat people, sometimes it's not a choice. My sister's beau has spent his entire life trying to put on weight.

actually the trick with people ultra fast metabolism is exercise.

i used to weight 110, until i started to do more physical things, and then now a weight 125. I would be literally 110, with out doing anything, scarfing down fries and ding dongs.

my body will always eat through fat like a lawnmower, but it won't do the same for muscle.

i'd figure if i'd start doing 50 push ups a day or go to a gym, i'd gain more via muscle, but then i'm lazy.
i'm slowly progressing via next year, i'm switching to a fixed gear bike for my daily 1 mile uphill trek to campus. and then a even speedy downhill back home.

if i'd stop do anything physical, my metabolism will start eating my muscle.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.