Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

Went looking for a "what are your fears" topic, and didn't find one, so I just felt like making it and asking what everyone's fears are…

…so….um…. what are you afraid of? o.o

My fears: Heights, Really Large Objects, Being Alone, Blue Jean Shorts, and Desk Lamps (those last two may end up needing to be explained XD)

How 'bout ya'll?

Marl
Marl
Posted at

Drowning. Losing a loved one.

That's about it.

Posted at

falling from an height (even just falling from a woobly chair I'm standing on).

sharp objects in my mouth (why I dread going to the detisist. have to go in a week or so. oh joy). also related to this is needles in my mouth.

being buried or burned alive.

clowns. (what? they're always trying too hard to be funny and way too happy. they creep me out. plus I'm conviced that they are pure evil.)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

sharp objects in my mouth (why I dread going to the detisist. have to go in a week or so. oh joy). also related to this is needles in my mouth.

clowns. (what? they're always trying too hard to be funny and way too happy. they creep me out. plus I'm conviced that they are pure evil.)
-most of those for me, except falling.
Needles are something I've always hated, but I'm getting over it now. after some nerve trouble I had a few years ago where all the neurologist’s tests involved sticking lots of needle into me, that helped me come to terms with it a bit more.

I don't like open wounds, pus, or bleeding in living creatures… But I've treated more than my fair share of those things! I would probably make a decent nurse. :lol:

Drowning is a bad one too: I don't like the idea of being crushed and held down by large waves… That's happened a few times and it's scary when the sea holds you under and there's no way to fight to the surface.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

Fish, I hate the sight of them, just one look can send me into a trance, where I start to fear anything around me and start to shake.

Popular places people hang out in are my greatest fear, I don't like them. I only go there when I really need to.

and last, me. I can't really trust myself. I'm one creepy insomniac.

.: Myxomatosis :.

Posted at

-most of those for me, except falling.
Needles are something I've always hated, but I'm getting over it now. after some nerve trouble I had a few years ago where all the neurologist’s tests involved sticking lots of needle into me, that helped me come to terms with it a bit more.

the funny thing is that I'm fine with needles and sharp objects as long as they're nowwhere near my mouth.
I'm fine with needles when I go to donate blood or something.

but nowhere near my mouth, thanks. I think it's related to the possiblity that I might addicently shallow the sharp objects or something and have interal bleeding.

oh yeah, that's another fear I have that's related to the sharp objects in my mouth fear. interal bleeding. at least the open wounds on your bodies you can prevent and stuff, but when you're bleeding on the inside, there's no way to stop it on your own expect rush to an er. and they have to open you up to stop the bleeding. :shock:

gigatwo
gigatwo
Posted at

Bleeding to death. I dunno, the thought makes me nauseous.

Stain
Stain
Posted at

Hell.

Scarab
Scarab
Posted at

I'm absolutley terrified of serial killers, modern sciencee, and the film Manos the Hands of Fate.

But I'm probably just crazy.

SPARE A PENNY FOR POOR TOM

I face the reality every day that I'm under an institutionalized world where I am barely at all in control of my own actions or destiny. Not much is scarier than that.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

falling from great heights and getting bitten by a dog

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

Spooks, ghosts, those kind of invisible dead beings roaming on Earth.

I like drawing spooks. But I am a bit paranoid when dark falls. I have psychological imaginings of spooks since I was a toddler. All thanks to a constant nightmares of spooks, gloomy abandoned houses, strange floating faces looking through the windows, dolls with moving eyes and limbs, dark pathways and graveyards EVERY NIGHT. It's strange I never had a single good dream throughout my childhood years.

Until today, I still can't solve my phobia on spooks… =_=

Posted at

I'm afraid of small organic holes. Well, not really afraid of them, but they revulse me on a fundamental level. Apparently it didn't have a name before but people are starting to call it trypophobia.

Posted at

what are small organic holes?

Zwuh
Zwuh
Posted at

I think marine's fear involves these small organic holes also.

I am afraid of change and stagnation.

draxenn
draxenn
Posted at

The unseen.

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

I think I have the most obscure fear in the world.

Robotic mannequins.

Seriously, the wheel of progress at Disney world creeps me out. I just keep expecting the robot mannequin things to jump off the stage and start killing people.

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Heights(I mean really, really high heights with no seating underneath me)

Snakes(Watch Harry Potter 2. You start being afraid of them as well)

Space(Do you know what's out there? 'Cause I don't, and I don't really wanna know)

That's about it.

Oh yeah. Micheal Jackson. He scares me to no end. :-D

Arson
Arson
Posted at

Finding something dead and rotten in water, dead and rotten stuff in general, mummies, dying too early (or too late), balloons, loud unexpected noises, fireworks, being bitten by animals, bees and the likes, moths and spiders.

Those with bold text are fears that actually can make me PANIC.

As for the balloons.. when I was young I was very scared of loud noises. You see, one day I was running around with a balloon when it exploded in my hands, naturally I started crying. My father tried to cheer me up by making another balloon for me, but it exploded too, right in his face as he blew it up. I was scarred for life o___O It's a the same for fireworks. Though, nowadays I'm just scared they'll fall down and hit me. Or explode when I'm nearby. I really don't like the thought of loosing any limbs ;___;

lukee
lukee
Posted at

I live in constant fear that Tater will overthrow the dictatorial pseudo-monarchic government that rules the Top Drawer with me at its helm.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You guys are pussies.

Except Marine, that's a genuine legitimate fear.
What about cameras stealing your soul?

PhatScurl
PhatScurl
Posted at

spiders…that's basically it. Yes i'm a 15 year old dude who's afraid of spiders. Seeing a large spider just causes me to like freeze in place, im like paralyzed for 2 min.

Posted at

what are small organic holes?

Imagine a holey sponge. Or one of those porous volcanic basalt rocks. Or a honeycomb. Anything where there is a cluster of organic-looking holes (pores also count, thankfully they're too small on post people to see). Bee honeycombs aren't too bad because they're geometric, but I still imagine them with baby bee larvae inside them so that is gross in a different way.

Or, a lotus seed pod. Not just when it's photoshopped into a breast, either.

Anyone who has played Sands of Time, there are some spike-plates in some floors. The holes the spikes come out of look irregular enough in shape/distribution it feels gross to me.

Anyone from the UK might know what the inside of a Crunchie bar looks like. I'm simply not able to eat one because the air holes inside revolt me. :)

I know it's very strange but for whatever reason that's how it is. T_T My boyfriend calls it "the pussywimp disease" and I have to agree when I don't want to eat a candy bar because it makes my brain feel "icky."

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

I'm not living in constant fear of anything, but things that would be very very bad to me….

Being paralysed or basically anything that involves me losing the ability to draw, losing the ability to think right or communicate, losing a loved one, being alone, reincarnation after death (okay, this is just a sort of joke…but I don't like the idea!), and being alone in pitch dark (<–this is probably the closest thing I have to a phobia, during blackouts I freak if I'm not with someone).

My sister has a phobia of heights (she completely freaks if you sit too high at a football stadium!).

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.