Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Finally getting around to introducing myself...

Posted at

So, Hi. Um. I've been posting in the forum for a couple of days, figured I'd finally come in here and introduce myself. Actually, my stats say I joined months ago but I only got around to getting verified a week or so ago.

My winding up here is kind of a long story … and a drifty story … involving a dozen other sites about art and/or comics that didn't appeal to me in one way or another. I like this one … er … I would like this one a lot if some bugs would get removed … like the thumbnail eating bug. Yeah, that thumbnail eating bug has got to go. *ponders if it might be possible to use the first-page-uploaded-thumbnail to give herself a decent thumbnail*

I draw a bit, and paint a bit, and I have played around with digital media, but anything more involved than tweaking my scanned stuff and doing text bubbles takes way too much time to do enough of for a comic. So I'm an ink-and-watercolors girl I guess. I keep a few non-comic-y things up at deviantArt, and will probably post bits of what I'm writing for here there too, once I get enough of it together to start worrying about putting it up anywhere.

Anyway, I'm tallish, thinish, mid-twentyish, from the middle-of-nowhere VA. The story I'm drawing out for this site is something I've been working on for ten years or more, at least the world-building part of it. Often, when I end up writing a story it started with a “what if” about a setting. I do get carried away with the details of the setting sometimes, though I try not to let it get in the way of a good story. Other than drawing, I read a lot of random stuff, bake a lot of bread, play a lot of table top games and my fair share of video games. I often have paint on my hands and bare feet. Sometimes, I have paint on my feet instead.

Anything else? :D
Llama, the long-winded

Posted at

Flinkin' 'eck - I just got a thumbnail!

Welcome CateranLlama and may I say, what a charmingly disarming llama you are: a veritable llama-arama of llamakarma. If I may be so bold, you also appear to be somewhat lengthy in the wind department, as you infer. Perhaps even longer winded than me and this, I hasten to add, does not occur frequently.

As you've done us the honour of gracing our table with both your life story and world view, I shall now attempt to digest the banquet you lay before me. It all looks very appetising I must say and doubtless there's enough for all of our merry band to tuck in, before raising a toast to you on this joyous occasion.

Ooo…..llama cutlets!

Yummy.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Hey there! I do believe the thumbnail-eating bug has been squelched. Victory is ours! *waves a banner to and fro, brass fanfare echoes through the plains, etc*

Mmm, homemade bread. Mmm. I just started making my own a couple months ago. ^.^

Anyway, so…

Wait a second. Wait. Llama cutlets? AGAIN? How many times have I told the forum cooks that I'm tired of llama cutlets? Bah, I'm going to brown bag it from now on.

Posted at

Welcome! Glad you've managed to join us, you tallish, thinish, mid-twentyish person you! :)

We're a very fun community, and there's always a discussion going on somewhere. I bet you'll like it here. And if you don't, I'll cry.

Please don't make me cry. :(

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

Yeah, please, please don't make Steely cry, I get tired of hearing it! That guy is like Niagra falls without the newlyweds!

And welcome to the fun and madness of the Duck… the bugs suck but the people are great! (except for Trout but I think he got caught by some fisherman or something). Also, there are some truely remarkable comics here (which both encourage and annoy because of my own artistic failings :)

The ghost is kinda windy, btw, but you can blow him away with a fan if he bugs you (he was a real person at one time but sadly, sniff, died… a tragic tale of curiosity and cola)

I'll have two pieces of yummy bread and a cutlet please… :) I've brought the stawberry cheesecake.

in honor of having you with us… I give you this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbPDKHXWlLQ

Posted at

Hello, haven't seen to many Llamas around here before… have a farm near my work though. Anyway. Welcome to the duck may you find your experiences here much better than your previous.

Posted at

Tall and tan and young and lovely,
The girl from the middle-of-nowhere VA goes walking,
And as she passes, each one she passes goes
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh…

I'll have two pieces of yummy bread and a cutlet please… I've brought the stawberry cheesecake.

Ooooooo, but he watches so sadly,
How, can he tell her he loves her,
Yes, he would give his heart gladly,
But each day as she walks by this thread
She says "oi! keep yer 'ands off me bread".

Posted at

Hello, CateranLlama! It's nice to meet you! Welcome to DrunkDuck! :)

…..

Oh! I'm sorry, CateranLlama, but ever since Custard Trout's disappearance, the lack of confrontation around here is driving me crazy! I never thought I'd say this, but we need Custard Trout! I mean, what if he's somewhere out there crying because he is lost and can't find his mommy? :( Excuse me, everyone; I'm going to find Custard Trout! (Renga leaves the thread with his weather machine.)

Oh, and have fun making comics here, CateranLlama! Bye!

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

Scarf, I might need you to write my comic scripts for me :)

And I am sorely disappointed in my lack of bread and cutlets, who knew that Llama's could be so cruel, sniff…

Renga, here you go

"you suck and your comic sucks and oh, yeah manga comics really suck and every creator and comic on this site is AWWEFULLL… which explains why I live in a dumpster with my lover the Sea Cucumber"…

Okay, I'm not as good with the insults as the mighty Trout but it's all I got :)

I love you guys :D

Posted at

you suck and your comic sucks and oh, yeah manga comics really suck and every creator and comic on this site is AWWEFULLL… which explains why I live in a dumpster with my lover the Sea Cucumber"…

Ole! We were starting to think you'd gone for good!

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, Would YOu Like a Cold Hot Cola?

deepcheese
deepcheese
Posted at

NOOOOOOOO!!!! DON'T DRINK THE COLAAAAAA!!!!

Posted at

Drink the cola, you could end up a great poet like Scarf

RuseBolton
RuseBolton
Posted at

Welcome my Cola Loving Friend … & Apparent Meal.

Pass the Mustard, i love mustard on my Llama,mmm Meaty!

Anyway, in keeping this short so Iron Scarf can seronade us again with his 'Poetry' Welcome, good luck, have fun, Try hard & all that!

Posted at

Welcome to the Duck!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.