Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

For us people who lick the bowls, what do you prefer to use? Finger, spoon, spatula, or something else?

I prefer using my finger, gives me more coverage, and better accuse to the bottom of the bowl.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

This is how I do it.

lol!

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Tounge. It's more adgile, more flexible, and less tiresome then trying to scrape food up into a spoon… only to have it fall back out into the bowl.

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

Combination of finger and tongue. Usually the latter for plates, though.
As long as nobody can see me doing it, like Merry said. Haha.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

Tongue for plates. Skips the middleman.
Bowls are usually too deep to lick without getting it all over the face/nose/hair, so spoon for that.

Jimeth
Jimeth
Posted at

I eat with my family, so it's the spoon or fork for me. However, I'm off to university in a few months, and then… who knows?

I'll keep you updated.

Posted at

Tongue, even on bowls. If I get in on my face I just lick it off.

I know, I'm disgusting.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Combination of finger and tongue. Usually the latter for plates, though.
As long as nobody can see me doing it, like Merry said. Haha.

Same thing, but I only don't lick the plate when I'm out in public.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i use a combination technique….

i start with the spoon….till it's done…then i moves in with the spatula….and i finish it off with my tongue…

Posted at

Tongue for plates. Skips the middleman.
Bowls are usually too deep to lick without getting it all over the face/nose/hair, so spoon for that.

ditto. :)

Posted at

Any of the above, depending on the situation. However, it's not always a good idea to use your finger to scrape up, say, greasy cake batter; that often results in hands that are difficult to clean.

Posted at

Bowls - especially ice cream bowls - should be cleaned using a combination of spoon, fingers and tongue. If it's a deep bowl, using only your tongue is tricky - it usually results in a very sticky face. :P

Memmy
Memmy
Posted at

I used to lick bowls and plates, but I have fallen out of pratice. Maybe I should start doing it again… Hmm.

I do know I still lick the mixing bowl after making cookies. Hmmm… Cookie dough!

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Actually, I like to use bread for dinner dishes. ;) I'll use a spoon for dessert food or when I'm baking.

Sometimes…

After all, I gotta keep my army fed and strong.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

"A bread"? That's a phrasing I've heard before… It's curious to me. Is it another way to talk about to a "piece" or "slice" of bread. or something slightly different?

Heh, I don't know but I suspect it's a nationality thing like US biscuits/non-US biscuits (US cookies).

My cat licks my plate! But only if there's meaty stuff there. He's 100% carnivore… Won't touch anything else.
-Not like Tiger, she used to love cake and anything sweet. Cats are meant to be genetically incapable of having a sweet tooth, but then that wasn't "discovered" very long ago and using only one or two genes as a sole determinant for that kind of thing is quite blunt an crude.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

"A bread"? That's a phrasing I've heard before… It's curious to me. Is it another way to talk about to a "piece" or "slice" of bread. or something slightly different?
Just a typo. Sometimes, even I am not perfect…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I didn't intend to be mean at all, I make worse typos ALL the time. Much worse! It's just that I have heard it said that way before deliberately and I wondered :/

Sorry for seeming to pull you up on something. I wasn't really. :(

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I didn't intend to be mean at all, I make worse typos ALL the time. Much worse! It's just that I have heard it said that way before deliberately and I wondered :/

Sorry for seeming to pull you up on something. I wasn't really. :(
lol. I know.

My friends have weird dialects, so I have to get them to clarify things all the time to find out if they misspoke or if they were using a weird rural phrase I'm unfamiliar with.

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

I use a combination sometimes. Usually a spoon, but if it won't be scooped up, tongue it is. I just don't like getting my fingers dirty. Oh, and this is for ice cream and other deserts by the way (At home). For cake mix, either a spoon or spatula

Posted at

Actually, I like to use bread for dinner dishes. ;) I'll use a spoon for dessert food or when I'm baking.

Sometimes…

After all, I gotta keep my army fed and strong.

raaaats!! :D they're SO CUTE!

for licking bowls, i don't normally do it, unless i'm baking brownies and i REALLY want that batter. Then i'll use a spoon. i can't sick my face in the mixing bowl because i'll fail and i would prefer not to touch the batter with my hands. xD

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.