Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Fowl Play: Now looking for a staff as well as submissions

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

Hey guys, in organising the magazine I have learnt that there are many things I cannot accomplish on my own.

For starters, Lulu.com will not let me create the magazine with the settings I want because it doesn't like my computer, but it will for any other one. Having said this, I require an assistant editor. It'd be perfect if you could set the file into a pdf. as well.

Secondly, my art talents are laughable compared to many a DD artist, so I need someone to help design a logo, along with a cover page and contents page. I guess art skills don't really apply as it's really a photoshop thing, or whichever art program you choose.

Third thing is about submissions. Before I said I would not make everyone follow a theme in their works. This still stands, but I would like several artists to draw a sort of portrait to be included as a seperation page between comics or sections. There's a sci-fi/fantasy part, a horror/supernatural part, an everyday life part and a 'true manga' part (Where the comics are read right to left). Anyway, the theme for January '08 is beginnings. You don't really have to follow it, but that's the theme.

Fourth, I would love it if more people submitted their comics. I already have quite a few people, but there's still some space. Remember that it has to be readable in grayscale

And finally, nobody is trying to buy ad space. It's $2 for half a page (Horizontal or vertical, whichever you choose), $4 for a full page and $7 for the back cover, which will be in colour.

Okay, the cut off date to be in the first issue is still January 18th 2008, which gives you 3 weeks. It will be out on the 25th for all to enjoy. To learn more, there is a link in my signature to the main forum where you can ask your questions as well.

Until next time
The Aussie Kid

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

I'll try my wake at a logo.
Do you want it to also act as a mascot?
I'll also try to get a portrait of myself made.
As for assistant, my computer skills are sub-par, so I don't think I'd do a great job.

Not sure if this is the feel you are going for, but here:
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6633/fowlplaycoveruj8.png

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

Not exactly, I'd prefer something with a little more colour and anyway, I was going to give the cover artist snippets of the comics that will be featured and maybe have the best looking pose from one of the comics on the front cover (I think that's how Shonen Jump does it. Well, I know a lot of magazines that do things that way). The alternative was to have someone cosplay as one of those characters and maybe have a little competition for fun and maybe some prizes

Guess I should've been a little more clear, huh? Anyway, if you get me a more colourful graphic (The magazine's in B/W but the cover isn't) or if someone else wants to do something, that'd be great. And remember, I am still looking for people to do some of the stuff I mentioned in the first post.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

The alternative was to have someone cosplay as one of those characters
That is hilarious.
One day I will cosplay as my character. I have a dinosaur costume that I based my character's costume off of.

I'll try and make a different cover in the mean time if I have enough time.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I PQed you mah questions.
I might be able to submit some comics, dunno about logo and stuff, I'm not that great at it….
:D?

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

I can take a shot at making a logo :D I know illustrator now ++
Want it to be sorta duck themed? I'll just go ahead and play around a bit.

Doesn't have to be duck themed.

The alternative was to have someone cosplay as one of those characters
That is hilarious.
One day I will cosplay as my character. I have a dinosaur costume that I based my character's costume off of.

I'll try and make a different cover in the mean time if I have enough time.

Yeah, it's cool. Still two more weeks until submissions are due, but I'll give covers and stuff an extra three days

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

Intersting stuff here. Think I'll submit.

Posted at

If you send me bits of the submissions you already have I'll take a shot at a cover and logo. I've done some work for bands and a preacher's book before. I have a few days off and am kinda bored.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

All the stuff he has, is in B&W.
It would be easier, if he could just send you the URLs of the comics, so you could make the cover color.
My comic's url, which I have submitted is in my signature.

I'd check out the Fowl Play forums, for more comics you can find in color.

Kxela
Kxela
Posted at

I know there's only 9 days left, I've been working on a new comic for this (and other opportunities) but if i dont get the amount I want done I'll submit the first chapter of Nightmares Cure since I'm also working on that and that ones practically done :D

how are things going with this? Still working on getting submissions and ads?

…;_; my laptop broke so I dont have illustrator anymore. But I have photoshop so I will try something with that to make a logoish thing

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

If you send me bits of the submissions you already have I'll take a shot at a cover and logo. I've done some work for bands and a preacher's book before. I have a few days off and am kinda bored.

As Bocaj said, it's all in B/W so I'll send you the links to the comics.

I know there's only 9 days left, I've been working on a new comic for this (and other opportunities) but if i dont get the amount I want done I'll submit the first chapter of Nightmares Cure since I'm also working on that and that ones practically done :D

how are things going with this? Still working on getting submissions and ads?

…;_; my laptop broke so I dont have illustrator anymore. But I have photoshop so I will try something with that to make a logoish thing

Yeah, still accepting submissions and ads (Don't have any ads though).

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.