Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Gathering team for comic! Dark and humorous. Called Darkside. Heard of it? Maybe? TOO BAD! This is the new one. Need a writer, colorist, and background artist.

Posted at

Meh. Why not try again? I need somebody to write this comic, as I always end up leading it off into obliviously obscure oblivion. It's quite obscene. So if you wanna know about it, check out Flapjacks, and look for the old Darkside archives. Or if you're lazy, read from here to the next four pages. If you're interested (note that I have improved in both technique and skill since then) then PQ me your email address and we'll talk over IM. Mine is on my user page, but again, if you're lazy, it's "flapjack1995@hotmail.com". You lazy bastards.

Also looking for somebody to do backgrounds and coloring! Since I'm but a mere line artist. I'm thinking maaaaaaybe a whole team working on this will get better results than just me. And by maaaaaaybe I mean I NEED HELP WITH THIS COMIC. I mean I need a background artist AND a colorist. If you have the time and skill to do both, feel free to apply here! But I doubt you have the time. Everyone overestimates the time they have. Especially me! So yeah.

But even if I get all these people, those looking for an un-payed position(hahaha you are all going to be working for free) will be able to work now and then. You know, like a guest comic! IT'LL BE SWEEEEEEEEET.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

When you say you want someone to write what do you mean? AKA How much freedom would a writer have? Do you have a basic plot to outline, or anything? I may be interested, but feel the characters would need to be explained more unless you are going for a more light-hearted style.

Posted at

Well, the only thing I'd like to keep is the characters, and a couple elements of story, all of which will be discussed with the writer. Other than that it's total freedom. And yes, I'd like the characters to be worked on. I'm starting anew, though, so anything in those old pages are just a basic idea.

So you're looking to write then? Sure. So is Vakanai. So if you decide to ACTUALLY LOG ON TO MSN FOR ONCE, we can all have a lovely discussion. Anyway, anyone else who wants to write, just gimme your email. Really, we can always use some helpful ideas or tips, possibly criticisms. No wait. Not possibly. Criticize us. I DARE YOU.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I wouldn't mind doing some colouring for you. I'll pq you with my email adress later.

Here's my deviantart, you should be able to find plenty of examples of my colouring there. :)
http://www.hippievan.deviantart.com/

Posted at

Perhaps you can show me what you can do by coloring these sketches!

This is the kind of line art you'll be getting in the comic(but cleaner), traditional, not digital, unless you think it would be a good idea to change things like shading, or to just take that out completely. I dunno. These were entirely experimental, since I just got some new pens.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Sure, any specifics about what colours things should be? And the shading isn't really necessary but if you enjoy doing it that's fine too.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Perfect, it might not be done till the day after tomorrow because I have a science test tomorrow that I need to cram for, but I'll do my best.

Edit: Scratch that, it'll be done tomorrow at the latest.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Sumpin like dis?

Btw, I actually like the way it looks with the shading you did.

Posted at

WOW!! That looks awesome! Awesome job! So glad to have you as the colorist for Darkside!

Alright, you other people. I still need a background artist, and possibly somebody for speech bubbles. We'll see about that last one. As for you guys already on the DS team, talk to ya on MSN! My email again is flapjack1995@hotmail.com.

Posted at

Oh, and as for the old pages, you will NOT have to continue from there if you decide to be a co-writer. It's a completely fresh start, but with the same characters and ideas.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Sorry it took me so long to get to this one. I made a groovy background to make up for it.

Posted at

Do you have a writer yet? I know this post is quite old, but I'm interested in writing

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.