Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Getting kicked out of my house!

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

Not my parents house, the house I rent is being sold out from under me. I have until the end of August to find somewhere else to live and be out. I'm an artist and a bartender, my roommate and I can't afford much, we were lucky to find this place. Now we are screwed. We don't want to move out into the stix, but we'll never find anything this close to the city again. We live right outside D.C., which is a terrible housing market to be shopping in. Anyone have any suggestions? Mostly I just wanted to rant. :-(

Posted at

oh man, that sucks! and I bet they basically waited until the last mintue to tell you too…

well, if you can't afford much then I would suggest apartments over a rented house. not only are they cheaper it's better than nothing.

this way you have something over your head, and save up your rain money to find an house that WON'T be sold without your consent.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Christ, that's a terrible area to have that happen to you. Do you at least have any relatives who will let you bunk up with them till you get things sorted out?

I mean, other than that, there are motels or extended stays that you can live in…

Really sorry to hear that. I've been kicked out and left damn near homeless dozens of times, and finding a new place is never fun.

hat
hat
Posted at

The housing market in the DC metro area is horrible (including VA and MD), you should probably relocate, seriously.

D0m
D0m
Posted at

You're in DC? I live in PG County…

My advice is to relocate, also. Especially if you wanna make it with your art.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

i say you should go live in a van down by the river
I agree.

But WTH is this doing here? Heh, the only WTH content is the fact that someone kicked the topic into WTH… It was fine in general…

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Man, really sorry to hear about that. I'm sure you'll land on your feet.

Plus, lots of comic ideas must be running though your head now.

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

Realistically I'm not going to move right now. I am trying to make it with art, but most of my money comes from my night job bartending. If I moved I would need a new job, and I wouldn't make the same kind of tips I do here. I make far more than the average income for a bartender, since it's an afluent area. I used to live in a place with really affordable housing, but the jobs available didn't make much money at all. Basically if I moved I'd pay less rent, but I'd also make less, so it doesn't really matter.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Well, there are probably 2 BR apts for rent around there until you can get a whole house again. Studio apartments are even cheaper. Get a couple room dividers, you'll be all set.

Puff
Puff
Posted at

End of August? Wow, that's a lot more forwarning than you get in Florida. If you're renting a house in Florida and the owner decides to sell, you have 3 Days to be moved out, or they can take all the items still left in your house as their own property. :0

But Yeah, DC area is really, really overpriced… I hope you have good luck house/apartment hunting Alexis.

Posted at

Aw man that sucks! I've "escaped" from places, but never been kicked out. I wish you luck on your search :(

Posted at

Aw man that sucks! I've "escaped" from places, but never been kicked out. I wish you luck on your search :(

lmao?
midnight move out?

Posted at

Yes I used to live in North Hollywood next to a roadie… Lets just say after awhile his party started to leak over into my yard, which resulted in me packing EVERYTHING I own, finding an apartment, and then moving into said apartment in under three days. And this was last august literally the day I got back from Comic Con!

marine
marine
Posted at

After an intitial lol, I tried to brainstorm ideas to help out. DC's a rough area to be in without a place to stay. As someone whose spent some nights sleeping in alleys, I know what I mean when I say sleeping in a car is better than nothing.

You shoulda known better than to rent. Always try to own. Then all you have to do is pay taxes.

Best I got is like LeFarce suggests, stay with a friend or relative until you get stuff sorted out.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.