Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I'll talk about fantasy type adventuring. No, not the kind that Bear Grills and those outdoorsey types practice. Stuff like Dungeons and Dragons, Fatal Fantasy, etc…

My tip is…

Approach a treasure chest carefully. It could be boobytrapped. Or it may have sharp teeth, a stucky tongue, and may be drooling uncontrollably…

yeah… my first "weird" thread of the year… hehehe…

ramlama
ramlama
Posted at

If you're going into an old-school dungeon, always remember to bring door spikes and a small mirror. Those things used to be standard supplies, along with the ever-present 10 foot pole, but they've fallen into obscurity.

Door spike: Because you don't want that door slamming shut behind you. Or because you want a quick way to jam a door so whatever is on the other side is slowed down.

Palm-sized mirror: Because poking your head around the corner to see what's on the other side is stupid. Angle it downward to minimize reflection of light and start scanning from the nearest and lowest until you have a gist of the full layout (or a footcount on the opposition).

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

If you're going into an old-school dungeon, always remember to bring door spikes and a small mirror. Those things used to be standard supplies, along with the ever-present 10 foot pole, but they've fallen into obscurity.

Door spike: Because you don't want that door slamming shut behind you. Or because you want a quick way to jam a door so whatever is on the other side is slowed down.

Palm-sized mirror: Because poking your head around the corner to see what's on the other side is stupid. Angle it downward to minimize reflection of light and start scanning from the nearest and lowest until you have a gist of the full layout (or a footcount on the opposition).

The two make sense, but what about the ten foot pole? I personally would bring along a collapsable ten foot pole. The thing would be a lot of trouble to carry at all ten feet…

I'd also bring along a boomerang. Heck, if the natives of Australia can use it to kill things I could too. :)

Posted at

Hide in the back until the monster is almost dead.
Thats what your fellow party members are there for, to do all the work and get none of the glory.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

The most important member of your party is not the tank, the healer, or the guy who stabs everything. It's the comic relief. No heroic party has ever fully been defeated while he's around. Protect him with your life!

Posted at

Put ranks in perform dance. Your a living distraction. Serious how is the goblin going to be able to focus on killing your cleric when your doing a jig?

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

Don't kill the chickens.

For the love of God DON'T kill the chickens.

Posted at

If given the opportunity, sell one of your companions as a slave! Best practical joke ever, and they may fetch a decent price.

Posted at

when in doubt, bluff it out. if you seem confident about things regardless of how stupid they actually are people will be inclined to believe you.

never seek out dragons. you stumble on them soon enough, and if you have to find them, you're just not ready to deal with them.

play by the rules of the town you're staying in, because whatever government that ends up with a price on your head will be the one whose lands you end up in the most.

plate mail's overrated. so are great swords. chain and a long sword will see you through well enough, and don't draw the attention of the local rulers.

bring a bow, or a crossbow. hitting from a safe distance can be more effective than hitting hard.

and never trust an elf.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Fatal Fantasy

Lol.

I was wondering when someone was gonna spot that. ;)

warefish
warefish
Posted at

Don't attempt a sharp switchblade turn in an heavy armoured car whilst being pursued by bandits in the middle of a desert. Especially when you've only just learnt to drive. I did that with my character the other day and it didn't end well.

Also make sure you've refuelled the fucker before venturing into some mysterious forestry. We're still trying to find our way out… :(

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

Wise, ancient wizards, especially those who are already aiding you on your quest, are generally not good things to hit with your sword.

lba
lba
Posted at

Don't kill the chickens.

For the love of God DON'T kill the chickens.

fucking cuckoos…

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

drink EVERYTHING. i'm not just talkin about booze, i mean pipe cleaner, clorox, the works, you'll either get through the game or die trying!!!!

Acuturbo
Acuturbo
Posted at

Bring a compass, and if you can, the relevant maps.

Posted at

Bring a compass, and if you can, the relevant maps.

Horrible advice!
Fact: 90% of treasure, and other cool stuff is found while completly lost.
Never, I repeat NEVER, use maps.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.