Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Greetings, from the world of tomorrow (a few days late)!

PhilWrede
PhilWrede
Posted at

Ah, introductions. The best, and the worst (while I've not had an opportunity to alienate anyone yet, I'm also without friends/allies).

Sorry, I lost sight of the point (as I do frequently). I'm Phil (no surprise there). I'm 25, been out of school for a few years, and spent a lot of time working towards the goal of being able to legitimately call myself a "filmmaker."

However, I had an epiphany a couple of months ago, when rehearsal schedule broke down for the forth or fifth time for a short (not even a feature, but a short) that I've been trying to make for years. The lightning that struck my brain told me that I could tell stories and reference things in mediums that didn't require depending on six or seven other people to realize whatever resides in my head that passes for an idea. Despite the fact that I haven't drawn anything since I was in junior high school, a series of circumstances far too lengthy (and uninteresting to anyone that's not me) to recount here led me to believe that I should try my hand at a comic strip (it is worth noting that, when he was on Inside The Actor's Studio, when Tom Hanks was asked, "What profession, other than yours, would you like to attempt?" he responded, "I'd like to be a cartoonist." For God knows what reason, that's stuck with me).

And now, I find myself here, and awash in comics, and tutorials, and forums that I hope to start exploring in detail tonight or tomorrow. It's almost too much to process. In closing, let me borrow the words of a great Franco-Brit: "Let's see what's out there."

Posted at

Why is it the people who can't draw who talk the most?

Not that it's a bad thing, you've posted more than 'ERM HI' and you went four paragraphs without turning into a rambling, incoherent mess.

I really hope you aren't one of those guys who posts once and then never again, I . . . I actually hope you hang around. This is an unfamiliar feeling. Ugh, I need to go and yell at something to get rid of it.

time00
time00
Posted at

welcome to DD! we hope you enjoy your stay!
Just dont touch the beer…

ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

Welcome

Soryko
Soryko
Posted at

I remember taking two years of film….
I didn't find it very fun. =w=;
Anywaaay, welcome to the Duck! =O

TGP
TGP
Posted at

XD I liked your rambling spiel. Hello!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.