Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

So I got a guitar yesterday. And i've had a year of experience and all with acoustic. It's a Telecaster. I got a line 6 amp with special effects like heavy metal and distortion. So i've been playing for hours and hours. And now I need a song to learn and play. I good rock song. SOmething that isn't too hard or too easy.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

You have a heavy metal effect?? Damn, I wish I had your fancy contraptions. I have a black Gibson Les-Paul, which is pretty cool, but my amp sucks. It just has distortion, and if you turn that up at all, it starts making this annoying ringing sound. Anyways, if you want a real distorted metal song instead of that Linkin Park shit, try "Trash" by KoRn. Or maybe something by, like, Sepultura. I don't know. You can get music books with albums' worth of rock and metal at your local music store. I found some good shit in mine.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Something more metal and distorted…
"Smoke on the water" by Deep Purple is a riff fave…

Personally I'd go for "Sunshine of your Love" by Cream. That riff is awesome, and nicely distorted at times. :)

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

"Smoke on the water" by Deep Purple is a riff fave…

Ah, yes. Classic. That was the first riff I ever taught myself.

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

Thunderhorse

Posted at

I'm sure there'll be threads on this sort of thing on Ultimate Guitar:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

As for my opinion, you could always try Iron man by Black Sabbath, pretty simple riffing up until the solo.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

"PARANOID!"

Ozzy, eh? I started with "Iron Man", moved up to "Crazy Train", and have yet to play any more Ozzy because I've been playing so much Metallica. Oh, that reminds me. "ENTER SANDMAN"!!!!!!

Posted at

thanks guys.
And I've been playing iron man and crazy train, and enter sandman and smoke on the water.
I think i'll try paranoid.
And any Guns N roses songs I should learn?
Except Welcome to the jungle and sweet child o mine.
Any songs by nirvan I missed, that are good?
I know so far:
Lithium, SMells like teen spirit, breed, in bloom, come as you are, and heart shaped box.

Posted at

I always found Polly fun to play, you should try that out
But really, most Nirvana is simple power chords anyway so any of their songs you like you should give a go!
:)

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

And any Guns N roses songs I should learn?
Except Welcome to the jungle and sweet child o mine.

Rocket Queen! And you can't forget the background noises while you're playing. ;)

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

Why, Paradise City, of course!

Posted at

Thanks guys. I'm busy learning some of these songs. I'll post more If I'm bored again. THnaks!
ANd the main riff for polly was like 5 seconds and I leanred it right away. Nirvana song are the easiset but they do always sound good.
And to tell the truth, I don't eally like the song rocket queen.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Buick Mackane by T-rex.

It's very simple with a nice heavy sound. Even Guns 'N Roses covered it in 93' I think.

seedyk
seedyk
Posted at

Ocean by the John Butler Trio. That'll teach ya some shit.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

If you're ready, try "One" and "Orion" by Metallica. Those are incredibly good songs, in my opinion.

lba
lba
Posted at

When you start feeling like a challenge, try rewriting some of the pop songs or nursery rhymes into death metal. The best metal song I ever heard was a screamcore cover of Ashley Simpson's "La La".

I always thought that just about any song written by Bush was fun. But I always played 4 string bass, not guitar.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

Why don't you get a real instrument, like a Saxophone.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

This is the part where I say "myxolol", I believe.

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

When you start feeling like a challenge, try rewriting some of the pop songs or nursery rhymes into death metal. The best metal song I ever heard was a screamcore cover of Ashley Simpson's "La La".

I always thought that just about any song written by Bush was fun. But I always played 4 string bass, not guitar.

rewrite this!

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

rewrite this!

No. Do not rewrite that unless you want to go to hell.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.