Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Hail!!!

Puredragon
Puredragon
Posted at

Hi folks. Heroes, villains, and shadowy spirits…

I'm Josh, a married college student battling through my pre-quarter life crisis and spending every waking hour creating comics or trying to stop playing the Wii.

I used to hate the film Alien 3, and I even rewrote a script when I was an introverted young teen, but then I realized that it's actually an impressive film and often scares the hell out of me.

I have mad nunchaku skills, really, it's a fun way for me to loosen up after drawing for seventeen thousand hours. My wife has a bo-staff, but she just hits random things with it, not a lot of flipping or flying or spinning, more just… just whacking things.

I'm a fiend for creation, and have just started my first webcomic called "Adrenaline Theater." Wait, not supposed to talk about our comics here, moving on.

I'm a writer and artist, though I would be better at one if I ditched the other, but I've never been able to. Suffice to say I'm mediocre at both. I love science-fiction, fantasy (but believe there is an infinite expanse of good fantasy work out there besides the current batch), Jim Lee, Orson Scott Card, and I often kick it with H.P. Lovecraft. He has a way of making loneliness fun.

I daydream about a zombie apocalypse, and swordfights, along with the virtues of a man that can't be seen by daily, peaceful life. I was in the Army for 3 years, and I joined so I could drive a mech or fly a space fighter. That didn't pan out, but I loved my time in. I'm glad I'm out, though. I love my wife, and I have a fiddler crab with a giant claw named "Conan." He is the best pet I've ever had.

Well I feel like you know me pretty well, but that's okay.. what are awkward forum topics like these for?! Thanks for reading, and I'm happy to be a Dunk Drucker.

Posted at

Well I feel like you know me pretty well, but that's okay..

You're working on the assumption I read your gargantuan post.

Hint: I did not.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I personally prefer the straight-up "whacking things" method of fighting to the flopping/flipping thing. *waves* I'm a boxer, not a capoeira dancer. XD

Anyway, nice to meet you, Josh! Welcome to the club. We're a bunch of snooty elitists, and we have tea and crumpets promptly at noon. The fun part is figuring out which time zone. Mwahaha.

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

The only real timezone is EST. The other zones are cheap wanta-bes that cry at their offset and DST settings! HA, Ha, ha…, well…, I thought it was funny.

Hmmm, long intro… thanks for that. And in case you wondered, Custard complains if someone's intro is too short OR too long (in his mind). There is clearly a perfect middle ground that no one has hit yet… an exact number of words/letters/lines that would make Cus say "OH MY GOD… I LOVE YOU".

I'm a big Card fan myself (and Jim Lee, of course)… thousands of us crazy comic loving, scifi living, ninja digging, creative type geeks here, my friend, so you should enjoy your stay!

You have to drink your tea with your pinky out, btw… enjoy.

AG

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Well aint you the talkative one…. anyway

Welcome, Would You Like A Cold Hot Cola?

Puredragon
Puredragon
Posted at

:D I love it already.

Have you ever had hot Dr. Pepper? You heat it up and serve it with lemons when you have absolutely $#@& else to do! But it's pretty good, and I love your avatar, Dark Clown, Predator has been my best friend since 1st grade (despite always trying to kill me) and I beat the crap out of Concrete Jungle on the PS2. WEEE.

Posted at

When I was in my younger days, I used to run around with a stick and bash things randomly…so I can relate with your wife. LMAO. ^^; And I used to have some pet crabs, too, back when I was in the Marines. Kind of hard to keep other kind of pets other than the kind that are easy to hide in tanks. LOL.

Posted at

Welcome to Drunkduck, Puredragon!

Hope you enjoy your stay here.
And be sure to read the rules :D
Just try to get along with everybody, and everything will be alll good :D

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.