Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

So that thing is over now, right? Well and truly? What did you do for it?
Anything?
Anything at all?

Dress up… party… costumes… eat stuff… watch scary movies…?

All I did was make a newspost and change the description of General Discussion temporarily. I don't do Halloween. ;)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I made a sign to keep the kids away while I slept to rest up for the midnight shift.

"Please do not knock or ring doorbell or you will disturb the eternal sleep of the UNDEAD."

This was after a bitch session about one of the therapists in group therapy. Then we went over the "brand-new" so neat behavioral therapy that I've known how to do for 20 years. lol!

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I dressed up and went out trick-or-treating! :D We ran all around the neighbourhood and got tons of candy! It was the warmest Halloween I can remember…I didn't have to winterproof my costume at all!
Then we went over to my friend's house and watched a non-scary movie because I'm a wimp.

I still love Halloween so much.

Posted at

I watched the first Halloween since I'd never seen it. It just seemed appropriate.

Dang, what a brilliant movie! Much more than a mere slasher flick. Actually, it gave me some chills, which is what I consider to be a massive success for a horror movie. :)

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

I came home from school and then worked! =D

Yeah, I'd forgotten to ask off. I WOULDA gone trick-or-treating, but baaah. It's for the best, I suppose. Of McDonald's, anyway. Including me, we only had about 6 people working the night shift 'cause everybody had been asking off. And our scheduling manager is stupid.

Posted at

Myself and a few mates dressed up and went to a flat party. I was a cat burgular (a cat costume and a swag bag… nobody got it T_T). After that we found out the club we were going to had sold out so went and watched a midnight Quantom of Solice instead.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

I watched the first Halloween since I'd never seen it. It just seemed appropriate.

Dang, what a brilliant movie! Much more than a mere slasher flick. Actually, it gave me some chills, which is what I consider to be a massive success for a horror movie. :)

We ended up doing that too, though I was kinda buzzed by that point and for whatever reason it wasn't as scary because of that.

EDIT: A pretty accurate summary of my night can be seen here.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I went blues dancing. As a My Little Pony. Until 5 in the morning. Oh, and I learned the Thriller dance and did that, too.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

I made two crappy Halloween comic updates and put up my first page of my new horror comic.
And that was it. I'm too old to trick or treat, I don't know anybody for parties, and I'm not a party guy anyway, and there was no Halloween stuff on my TV.
Seriously, do I have to get basic cable just for one damn Halloween reference?
Screw you local antenna channels!
And that was about it.

lba
lba
Posted at

I sat around and watched crappy movies with three girls in the commons of my building. I can't even really say I have dirty stories that never really happened. I just got poked a lot.

But I still classify it as a huge improvement over last year when I worked a double shift.

Dan
Dan
Posted at

Went to the mall, saw how everyone dressed up for Halloween. Got myself some philly cheesesteak and fries and read books until my parents were finished.

I did however, see a person in complete Chewbacca (Maybe even as tall as?) suit, complete with a bow gun. God, I wish I would've taken a picture with him, but my parents took the camera RIGHT before.

Other than that I have my sister a glare of disappointment after I saw what a puny amount of candy she got. 1/2 of the contents were paper. Paper advertisements.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

nothing monumental this year, but unlike a lot of you poor sports i was able to get into at least a little bit. for most of the night i just hung out with my sis and her family and drank a little.
but i DID dress up for work. i'm a busser at a restaurant and i made myself out to be a cannibal , so i guess i was a cannibal busser during the day. i colored my hair black with white spots and bloody red ones and dirtied my face up and smeared blood on it and i bought a plastic skull and bones thing i tied around my wrist that rattled when i shook it and i also have a necklace given to me by a friend of mine who's a shawman and it's made out of actual deer bones and sinew and has like falcon talons hanging off it and all sortsa cool stuff like that, so anyways, i put that on too and the begining of the day was pretty slow. there werent a whole lot of customers getting into it and no one else dressed up but…BUT!….much to my suprise and utter joy, the kids from the local grade school district were having a costume parade, single file, leading right outside my restaurant so i ran out and started acting up like telling kids i was gonna eat em and snarlin and just scaring the shit outa some of these poor kids!haha! a lot of em were getting into it too. some of em would stop and stare and back up the whole line and run into eachother and shit. it was a gas! and i mean there was a TON of these kids! this thing must have gone on for almost an hour..i had to take breaks from this shit! a lot of fun.

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

i just dressed up and hung out with friends.

people don't know who the SAS are, so everybody thought I was Hunk from Resident Evil. Although I have never played that series.

Edit: judging from the Google pictures, it seems he has a FM12 respirator instead of the S10.

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

Rushed together a halloween costume before setting off at 5pm to make an hour long trip to collect a group of friends and take them back home on the bus for a halloween party… I missed all the kids turning up at the door, and I couldn't go trick or treating myself, but with the costume I had on and me being only half an inch under five feet, I could've easily passed as an obese 12 year old…

Mind you, I don't think many people would appreciate my kind of humor.
I was dressed as Osama Bin Liner.

Party was pretty fun despite that. Ate some of the leftovers today for dinner.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

I bit the bullet and wound up painting/dressing myself up as Baron Samedi after all. And of course, no one really understood it or even the explanation so I dumbed it down for the suburbanites by just saying 'zombie'. People did compliment the paint job though. I take a lot of pride in that sort of thing.

I walked around a few blocks with my friend's kids and what not. Got a stick of gum too. Seems to me a good portion of the kids out there didn't all get the holiday's concept, like they were doing everyone else a favor by going out and putting a costume on. Maybe it's just the crowd here.

Eh, I've had better.

Noneko
Noneko
Posted at

Since Halloween isn't celebrated that much here where I live, I did almost nothing hallowen related. I just stayed home and gave some candy to random neighbour kids who were trick or treating. It felt weird since when I was kid, No one went trick or treating xD

Posted at

I forgot that I can't turn off my porch light (when they redid the house they didn't put in a switch) so I was surprised when kids knocked on my door. I'm surprised they do trick or treating at all here, it's not really done in England.

The only thing I had were some reeses mini cups I brought back from america, but they weren't individually wrapped (beyond the foil they come in) so I bet the 5-6 kids that came by all had those thrown away. :[ I feel bad for them if they did.

Jules
Jules
Posted at

What I did for Halloween?

Absolutely nothing..
Band kept me up till 10:00 pm and I had to sleep because I had SATs the day after.

Willicus
Willicus
Posted at

Residence trick-or-treating was awesome!
I dressed up as Boxer Boy, a casual aquaintance of Captain Underpants.
It was pretty chilly out, but I had my awesome Superman cape to keep me warm.
And I got a nice load of candy, too.
It's too bad Res students aren't allowed trick-or-treating around town anymore.

Posted at

I'm surprised they do trick or treating at all here, it's not really done in England.

Idon't know about that because no matter where I've lived (except my student flat, that'd just be wierd) we end up getting trick or treaters. Some years we've had over twenty and so always make sure we stock up on sweets a couple of days before hand. It'd be amazing if Halloween was as big as it is over in America though.

ipokino
ipokino
Posted at

For me, Halloween is both a religous holiday and an Anniversary. As a Wiccan practitioner, the magic circle always calls on the night of the Samhain Sabbat. Last year we actually went and celebrated Samhain in Salem Mass. Hope to do that again soon. Celebrating my connection to Gaia is always a joyous thing.

Also an Anniversary–the Anniversary of the day my Wife and I KNEW we were in it for life. I put myself out of a job to be with her–(she had already filed for divorce from her multi-millionaire husband even before I asked her out–all because she wanted the chance to be with me) anyway. I'm so lucky. Halloween is special to me for all those reasons.

Posted at

I sat at home and drank. although that's not really halloween specific, I just like drinkin. If I time the drinking right, I'll get Jonny Depp's liver when he dies.

Willicus
Willicus
Posted at

I sat at home and drank. although that's not really halloween specific, I just like drinkin. If I time the drinking right, I'll get Jonny Depp's liver when he dies.
I heard he was donating his body to hungry orphans.

Scheiden
Scheiden
Posted at

There was a fab Halloween Party by our school and the location was a really cool bar. It was so much fun, the outfits, the dance numbers and the groove. Yeahhhh totally feeling the disco~

Oh and I dressed up as that guy who killed in Virginia Tech University, Seung-Hui Cho.

Lol, yeah right. I just borrowed some shirts, toy guns and shit. I wouldn't be bothered to spend money on a halloween costume that I'm going to wear only once.

The party was totally one of the best I've gone to. Srsly. The essence of "Disco Disco Good Good!" was in it. All hail ZohaN! >o< ) \m/

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.