Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

hard liquor tip: Anybody else keep vodka in the freezer?

Posted at

i could have sworn i heard something like that somewhere. or does it totally not matter if you leave it out on the shelf or table for display.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

me and all my friends keep alcohol above 35% in the freezer….

then we either put empty bottles or just have a bottle "on display" but we dont drink from that one…..

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I keep vodka in the freezer if it's in a glass bottle. Plastic goes in a cabinet ^.^ I don't notice any quality change if it's *not* in the freezer - I just prefer to shoot something cold rather than room temp. That's just me, though. Plus, if it's been in the freezer, it makes better Jell-O shots.

Posted at

Real men drink their booze boiling hot.

Posted at

I'm more of the whiskey persuasion. I keep it in the cabinet.
yeah, i've tried johnny walker black and blue, straight up and mixed(ginger ale). not exactly my cup of tea.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I'm no expert, but the alch content should give it a fairly low freezing point, so as long as your freezer isn't amazingly cold it should stay liquid in there just fine… I think.
"on display"… Well light, especially sunlight tends to cause substances to break down gradually. Your Vodka will go off faster that way. Not that you'll leave it that long likely. lol!
It's a bloody awful drink though so it wouldn't matter one way or the other. Probably just make the alch weaker and not affect the taste.

-tip, don't keep empties on display, it impresses no one except the people that drank it. In fact it tends to do the exact opposite of "impress"… ;)

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

-tip, don't keep empties on display, it impresses no one except the people that drank it. In fact it tends to do the exact opposite of "impress"… ;)

it's more of a look where we've been kindof thing. we travel outside the states regularly, and i'd say a good 90% of the empty bottles are the fancy or famous stuff from other countries. i mean, we're not gonna buy alcohol from another country and not drink it.

but we've also discoverd that alcohol with less than about 30% has enough water in it that if you stick it in the freezer, it freezes…

Posted at

when i first read that i thought it was going to say like "it's to say 'look where we've been…. the liquor store. and to commemorate our sojourn to the grocery store, this rare bottle of stater brother's dark rum'"

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

I'm only 13, but If you guys can keep a secret, I put it in the refrigirator.

Pineapple
Pineapple
Posted at

I heard of stories that in prisons they put Windex (cleaning spray) in the freezer and everything but the alcohol freezes so they just pour it off and then put the bottle back.

I personally think it would kill you.

Posted at

I heard of stories that in prisons they put Windex (cleaning spray) in the freezer and everything but the alcohol freezes so they just pour it off and then put the bottle back.

I personally think it would kill you.

well, I guess if you are that hard up for liquor, you don't care much about life at that point.

Posted at

Any Russian I've ever spoken with has said you're supposed to drink Vodka cold, and they think it's weird how in bars in the west it's served lukewarm. So yeah, in the freezer.

Webreever
Webreever
Posted at

Oh, we keep our many bottles of liqour and heavy alcohol in the liqour cabinent.

Right under the marijuana.

Posted at

I try to put hard liquor in the freezer, if only because it's cold when I want to drink it. Obviously you can't fit everything in there, so I occasionally switch stuff out that I'm not drinking or that's running low (and try to use it up).

Ditch
Ditch
Posted at

I'm only 13, but If you guys can keep a secret, I put it in the refrigirator.

I see cirrhosis and alienated loved ones in your future.

I like rhum, and I usually don't even bother putting it anywhere but my mouth.

But if I can't drink it all it goes in the freezer, because alcohol doesn't usually freeze unless your freezer is filled with liquid nitrogen.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.