Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Hello

Armagedon
Armagedon
Posted at

I'm new here :D

Been looking at this place on and off due to having a friend who is on here. After finally feeling like my art might be decent enough to actually make my comic, this was the first place I came to.

Overall, I am a varied artist, ranging from Film (my college major) to just plain drawing. But, I have had characters and stories swirling in my head for a long time (my armagedon comic is actually 10+years in the making ><) and finally decided to give it a shot.

Anyways, if anyone has any general de-nublification suggestions, i am of course open to em and I hope to see everyone out there in the comicverse :D

imshard
imshard
Posted at

Welcome to the Duck, Would you like some caffeine?

To de-newbify I suggest getting in way over your head on a big discussion, thus humiliate yourself then go make some friends around the forums.
And post new comics in a timely fashion people love that.

Armagedon
Armagedon
Posted at

well i just had a dose of Dr. Pepper so the caffiene thing is covered. I'll definately participate in in discussions (making sure to fail miserably of course :D). and of course friends are awesome to have ^^

As for the comic im hoping to keep it updated once a week :)

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Welcome to DrunkDuck!

And I am incredibly surprised that your name wasn't taken yet.

Posted at

Welcome to DrunkDuck!

And I am incredibly surprised that your name wasn't taken yet.
Yea me too… Oh well.

"Newblifaction" *adds it to his dictionary*

Ok so, one… don't start a sprite comic.
Two, update often.
three, follow Cthulu around. This doesn't have any real bearing on your comic, I just think it would be funny.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

three, follow Cthulu around. This doesn't have any real bearing on your comic, I just think it would be funny.
>:O

Posted at

Hi, Armagedon. Welcome to Drunk Duck.

Your friend is right! You came to the right place. Everyone here is mostly nice and always willin' to to lend some advice. (My Husband's degree is in film, but he's the artist of us.) I'm the writer myself, so I can totally feel 'ya on characters and stories…So much so that sometimes it's hard to sleep. Best of luck with the comic and as far as "newbie" advice, leave the welcome forum after a couple of days and start posting other places in the forum, there's all sorts of interesting posts in here…Spread yourself around a bit.

Armagedon
Armagedon
Posted at

thanks guys for the warm reception everyone. I definately know I'm gonna enjoy it here :D ^^

Ya, I was really surprised that the name wasn't taken myself… even with the intentional misspelling lol.

Posted at

Sup, welcome to Double D.

Posted at

don't start a sprite comic.

People will say this a lot. It's about the only dickhead idiot thing you'll see on the Duck. Not that I particularly want people to make sprite comics, I'm just sick of seeing people post this. There's nothing wrong with a sprite comic if you do it right.

Anyway, welcome. Hopefully your thread won't get flamewar'd now.

Weirdo
Weirdo
Posted at

Welcome to dd and have a wonderful time during your stay here.

just so you know if you try to write something horrible you will not survive.

just so you know.

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, would you like a Cold Hot Cola? oh and while we are at it, never mind the others here who enjoy dragging our name through the mud. We don't copy and paste. we type each and every time.

now that that is done, please enjoy the Cold Hot Cola.

Armagedon
Armagedon
Posted at

lol.

I'm neither for nor against a comic because it is sprite. If thats a person's thing than alrighty then.

and of course ill have a cold hot Cola… thank your for asking :D

hmmm tastes lukewarm :D

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

^^ enjoy it. for soon the caffen will send you through TIME!

Armagedon
Armagedon
Posted at

i dont see how that…. Oh man.. clocks are flying by me….

*telegram warning*

I am in the 1800's -stop- Send time squad to help me -stop- thanks -stop-

Shadow99
Shadow99
Posted at

Yo.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.