Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Hello all... (plus a rant...)

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

My absence from the duck has been noticed by a few ppl.

I'm just busy at work… and at the same time I'm trying to get into a skilled trade. Went to different unions and companies. Fuck em nobody hiring me even if I got a few skills. :( Fucking skilled trade shortage… seems like a fucking myth propagated by the newspapers… :(

Shortage my ass. A union guy told me that there is always a stack of applicants for apprenticeship. Union not taking me unless I got an employer willing to hire me. Employers wont hire me either lol. The shortage of labour as said by the media is correct… meaning there is a shortage of people who wanna work for $6 an hour.

Cmon. Who the fuck is gonna work in a construction site for $6 an hour?

"Shortage" yeah right!!! It is common knowledge that the construction worker, electrician, plumber, carpenter, etc… make $30 an hour. And with that kind of info as part of common public knowledge… who wouldnt wanna do it? Everyone wanna make $30 an hour. Everyone wanna get a nice house and a couple nice cars and early retirement. :)

I'll keep tryin tho. I know a few people in construction. Maybe they might help me out in getting an apprenticeship.

I know that an apprenticeship will make my income slightly lower for awhile… but cmon. $30 per hour in the future sounds like a good return for a sacrifice. :) And self-employment has a 6 figure income potential… Possibly SEVEN FIGURE if you get really really really fucking successful. :)

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

yep, theres no doubt its you alright. welcome back.

Posted at

yeah its hard to get into ANY field on the base level. goodluck! and welcome back!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.