Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Hello there :)

Posted at

Decided to introduce myself before I post anything.

I'm 27 years old, have been drawing since I was two and started making my own comics at age of 5, continued until I was 13 when my interests shifted towards writing. Stopped trying to progress my art around 15 (which I really regret). About two years ago I have returned to comics, first writing scripts, and after failing to find an artist who's less lazy than me, I have decided to return to art practice.

Which has led to me trying to make a webcomic as a form of practice before I tackle one of my more polished scripts… and ultimately it has led me here. :)

My screen name is also my pen name since about 4-5 years and generally I'm a weirdo with gender issues, weird taste in fashion, even weirder taste in music and nearly absolute love for the art form known as comics.

Now that I have scared away everyone from this thread I shall depart to other parts of the forum where I shall participate or merely lurk in the shadows :D

Posted at

*Groan* I've finally made my way back here! What a long journey that was! Oh! Hello, there! You're new around here, aren't you? I'm Renga Studio! Welcome to DrunkDuck! :) So, your name's Aurora Borealis, huh? That's a very interesting username! It almost reminds me of the wea-wea-wea-wea–Ahem! Anyway, don't worry about scaring anyone, Aurora; we have all kinds here on this site. But between you and me, if there's anyone to be really scared of around here are the infamous amanda and the notorious Steely Gaze, among a host of others! They should be arriving here sooner or later! As for me, well, I'm as moral, normal, and sane as they come, so you can trust me completely! Relax; you'll be among acquaintances soon. And you'll be 100% safe here with me. 8D

I shall now lull you into a false sense of security…

Posted at

*Groan* I've finally made my way back here! What a long journey that was! Oh! Hello, there! You're new around here, aren't you? I'm Renga Studio! Welcome to DrunkDuck! :) So, your name's Aurora Borealis, huh? That's a very interesting username! It almost reminds me of the wea-wea-wea-wea–Ahem! Anyway, don't worry about scaring anyone, Aurora; we have all kinds here on this site. But between you and me, if there's anyone to be really scared of around here are the infamous amanda and the notorious Steely Gaze, among a host of others! They should be arriving here sooner or later! As for me, well, I'm as moral, normal, and sane as they come, so you can trust me completely! Relax; you'll be among acquaintances soon. And you'll be 100% safe here with me. 8D

I shall now lull you into a false sense of security…

*pretends to be off guard but secretly installs more tripwires around his hideout*

Posted at

Hello there.

You don't have to abouohmygodhamstersundermyskint seeming unusual fuckitowicantbreathe here, we're all very webastardsmakingmeitchalloverithurtsgodithurtslcoming. No schizophrenia at all. Nope. If insanity was a tangible ohgod substance, we wouldn't have enoupaingh to fill a very small fuckfuckow thimble.

fuckfuckfucktheyrecomingoutofthewallstoeatmealive

Bradleyo
Bradleyo
Posted at

Yo!
Whassup?
Welcome to the Drunk Duck.
(don't drink the water!)
~Brad

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Hi, AB! Welcome to the Duck - you'll find we are not easily frightened (all the weak-at-heart have run screaming by now). I like the grainy feel to your comic - looks like this will be a fun story - hope you keep it going.

…I'm infamous? Surely you aren't talking about…THAT incident, are you Renga? I thought we agreed to keep it quiet. *looks nervous*

One final note, if you decide to NOT listen to Bradley's sage advice…at least boil the water first. It sort of helps.

Posted at

…I'm infamous? Surely you aren't talking about…THAT incident, are you Renga? I thought we agreed to keep it quiet. *looks nervous*

Oh, lighten up, amanda dear; I was just kidding! lol! You know darn well that's one cat I'm never letting out of the bag! I'm a very trustworthy guy, after all–OOPS! AH! WHAT THE–?!

(Renga trips on a tripwire and gets caught in a trap that's an elaborate Rube Goldberg machine. You'd better use your imagination, folks; it's too complicated and wacky to describe what's happening to him.)

AAAAAAAAAAH! *CRASH!* Ohhhh, weather machine… :dizzy: (Renga shakes his head.) That's funny; I don't remember setting any traps around here for anyone besides Ailorn… huh!?

Posted at

Welcome! I can see you've met the rest of the lunatics–I mean welcome wagon. Well I might as well introduce myself. I'm Steely Gaze, apparently quite infamous, though for what I am still unsure. Don't worry about scaring anyone, we're all quite hardy sorts here. lol!

Posted at

Hi, AB! Welcome to the Duck - you'll find we are not easily frightened (all the weak-at-heart have run screaming by now). I like the grainy feel to your comic - looks like this will be a fun story - hope you keep it going.

Thanks, I'm writing page 26 right now and it's definitely NOT near the end, in fact the big action bit just started :D
Not easily frightened, huh? That's good to hear ;)

One final note, if you decide to NOT listen to Bradley's sage advice…at least boil the water first. It sort of helps.

No problem, I brought my own *points at the bottle*.

Welcome! I can see you've met the rest of the lunatics–I mean welcome wagon. Well I might as well introduce myself. I'm Steely Gaze, apparently quite infamous, though for what I am still unsure. Don't worry about scaring anyone, we're all quite hardy sorts here.

All right :)

Thanks to everyone welcoming me (no matter in HOW weird their welcome is :)

Orange
Orange
Posted at

Hello there!

Just ignore Renga and you'll do just fine :D

Ailorn
Ailorn
Posted at

Hio welcome to drunk duck! *looks around* Trip wires huh? Renga I'm beginning to get the idea you're not pleased with me for some reason. Its ok, im a nice person. WAaa! *frantically waves arms and falls into a pit fall* ouch… This really Isn't necessary. *pout*

Posted at

Whoops! Terribly sorry about that, Ailorn! (Renga pulls her out the pit.) I was meaning to get rid of those traps. Anyway, have fun here on the Duck, Aurora Borealis; I know I will again soon! :)

Posted at

DON'T DRINK RADIO ACID.

This is astoundingly good advice.

Posted at

I welcome you to the Duck with promises of dinking! Because we're all "Drunk" Ducks…or Duckers…or something.

You know what, maybe we should all just stick to water for the next few hours, okay….? :P

Karthara
Karthara
Posted at

Welcome welcome, hope you enjoy yourself here.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.