Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Hello, DrunkDuck forum community; Lurkers and posters alike.

Posted at

Hi. I just started drawing my webcomic yesterday. I guess I'm sort of plugging my work… sort of. But not really. Since I know there's a forum for that too.

So I guess I'm just saying hi. Which is odd, since I haven't done this on a forum, online, since I was… thirteen? Yeah. mIRC sort of substituted any forum-based conversation for a long, long time for me.

Ask anything you'd like of me if you want. Consider this a small… interview-a-tron topic. You ask me stuff about me or my comic, Malditas Porquerías, and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Small post-script: How do you manage to put in links in Comic Page notes? Or put up the Comic Title image…? Orrr make a comic thumbnail function properly? Just curious, and slightly tired of messing with the constant re-uploading.

Posted at

Welcome! You have a lot of questions, so before I even attempt to give you the (wrong) answers, you have to answer one of mine…

Have you ever, in good faith, eaten a stamp, and if so, did it need to be surgically removed? It's a question that has been keeping me up for months now.

I suppose by links you mean like this? That's pretty easy because it uses the same code we use in the forum. Just go [*url=http://www.whateveryouwanttolinkto.com*]words you want to link to, without a space in front of the bracket[*/url*] Just get rid of the little stars I made in front of the brackets and you should be fine.

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, Would You Like a Cold Hot Cola?

Posted at

Have you ever, in good faith, eaten a stamp, and if so, did it need to be surgically removed? It's a question that has been keeping me up for months now.

Well, since I don't completely recall my childhood before I was five years old, I may have swallowed or chewed up a postage stamp (if you were talking about an ink stamper, then I'm afraid whoever has might be in the Guiness World records for eating large, possibly poisonous and inedible things- if they survived), but if I did, I did not have it surgically removed (perhaps it's still in my throat, stuck to one of the walls with excess saliva! If I ever get a throat operation, or someone stuffs me full of sawdust for a funeral, I guess they'll be the ones to know! Should make a note in my will to leave it to my dad, since it's probably one of those 'valuable-in-the-future' mexican stamps and what not.

Thanks for letting me know that comments use BBS code! I appreciate it muchly.

Welcome, Would You Like a Cold Hot Cola?

Wouldn't that be lukewarm? And even if not, I've stopped drinking Coca Cola- I'm a Sprite fanatic now. Mm, limon-y.

My question is: what is your opinion of fondue?

Melty cheese is difficult to eat by itself (you can never get what sticks to the bottom of the bowl!), but oh-so-useful as a cheesy paste for sticking food together (mm, a chain link of cheesy chicken nuggets!). Stuff chicken full of it and you've got Cordon Bleu Chicken! Mmm, yum.

Keep the questions comin'! Gives me something to do between studying for finals and drawing Malditas Porquerías!

Posted at

I have a question, why should I care enough about you to care about your opinions?

Posted at

I ask myself that every day, Custard Trout. Turns out that it depends on personal preference. You may or may not care, or you may or may not be curious. You may or may not have time to kill, too, and you might also simply be looking to increase your post count.

To be honest, my opinions aren't laws and you're free to ignore them, poke fun at them, and/or argue about them. Neither is anyone else's, hence the term "opinion," so I wouldn't know why anyone would care.

Then again, there's children imitating celebrities and teenagers reading about what's trendy, fashionable, cool, new, and/or not out there, so maybe at some point we all really did care about others' opinions… blah blah blah…

Eh, I don't feel like ranting. Let's just say that the only person that can come up with said reason is whomever is reading the opinions, and leave it at that.

Extra Point: Nobody has to care about someone to care about their opinion. Nor do you have to care about the opinion about someone you care about. It's a choice, entirely up to the individual hearing/reading the opinion.

By that logic, who would care if I said hi or not? Not everyone. Yet there's a topic category sort-of specifically dedicated to that. Go figure.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

You ever crack you neck so load, that it echos off the room your in?

That would be sswweeettt. Other wise, welcome! Worship me now!

Posted at

I haven't been in rooms echo-y enough for this to apply. Though I have cracked my neck to a point where I have scared people outside of the building I was residing in!

Thanks for the welcome and the request of worship. Just fill out the seventy individually regulated official forms required for legal and official worship in triplicate, and we're all set.

Orange
Orange
Posted at

Press so hard you rip through the paper.
And then have to start over again.
:D

Posted at

That was the crappiest answer ever. Tell me what to think damnit.

Guh, I stopped fapping for this?

Posted at

Think sweet, delicious, hypo-allergenic pie. That way, everyone wins.

I'm enjoying the Duck already, though I have a steady lack of viewers, I have a current steady flow of amusement from other comics, and, well, this topic. Which, really, I should try to scamper over to the other threads sometime, eh? Oh well.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Welcome, don't worry with the lack of viewers, I'm sure they swing their heads your way. Oh you need to do is get more involved in our crazy shenanigans.

Question: Will you be my friend?

Posted at

No ones wants to be your friend, Aqua.

Because you smell.

Posted at

Sure, Aqua. Though if said claims of B.O. are truly terrible, then I hope you won't mind being sprayed with Febreeze every few minutes. Of course, I'll aim away from the eyes.

Shenanigans, eh? I wonder…

Allan
Allan
Posted at

El, you probably have one of the most active Intro threads I've ever read.

To change your comic icon (or thumbnail, whatever), you have to use Internet Explorer, unfortunately. I had to figure that one out the hard way… by using Internet Explorer. I then literally opened up my computer and hit it with the hose a time or two until I thought it clean from the ravages of what I know to be Internet Explorer.

EDIT: actually, it looks like you already got that down. Welcome to the Duck nonetheless.

Posted at

I had actually apparently managed to do it already Allan (which by the way, I find it awesome that you're the first author of a webcomic that I've read before being typed to by or typing to the creator), it's just that I had to empty out Firefox's cache in order to see it. It's funny, I made about five avatars for the comic. I wish I could come up with some sort of ingenious logo, but, alas, I sort of suck at making fancy designs out of letters.

I'm perfectly fine making emblems with absolutely meaningless (or semi-meaningless) symbols, though. Odd, eh?

And yeah. I notice it's more active than most, but I think it's because instead of making a long paragraph about myself, I asked others to ask me. So… stuff happened. It was cool, though, but, y'know, I'm wandering about other sections of the forum now, too. In particular, the Forum Games section. Looking to see if anyone picked up after you and started doing more drawn adventure type games. If it weren't for finals, I'd try starting something up myself.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.