Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Hello, I'm Peter and confused.

Posted at

Hello friends,

My name is actually Peter, and I live in Halifax. I'm an English/French double major, and enjoy guitar, singing, and Photoshop-ing. I'm in my third year at Dalhousie University and all things told I'm enjoying myself quite a bit. I've never been part of a forum before, so I hope not to make any severe breaches of protocol. Thanks to anyone who drops by to say hi! I appreciate anything you can tell me about the community!

-Peter

Posted at

This here is a severe breach of protocol Peter!

Nah I'm just kidding :) The community here is great! Especially the welcome wagon who should be here soon to greet you, usually they beat me here. Anyway watch out for a few things like cola, vegetarian banquets, cavity searches, and any baked goods offered to you by Amanda ;)

Enjoy it here on the Duck, oh and beware of anyone with a weather machine or who tries to recite Vogon poetry…

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Peeeeeeeeeter. Please enjoy this caaaaaaaaaake. I baked it especially for youuuuuuuuu.

Hrm. It's difficult to get the creepy voice down via typing, but lord knows I try.

In any case, it's nice to have you around ^.^ This was my first forum, too - I figure if you read the red, stickied rule threads in each specific forum, you should be fine.

Posted at

Hello Peter, I hope you're getting the hang of things with Mushroom's help. Once you've taken all that on board, you should remember that:

Necroposting (that's posting in old dead topics) is frowned upon except in certain circumstances which nobody is certain of. Quoting somebody else's re-quoted quotes is fine so long as the quote you're re-quoting is not itself part of a quoted re-quoted quote, unless that forms part of your argument, which if qouted, should not be requoted in your rebuttal, unless your rebuttal is itself on the topic of quoting or requoting (this rarely happens). Starting new threads can be hazardous as, if they recall threads that were started at the dawn of time, you will be descended upon en masse by hordes of primordial posters who will berate you for not first reading all of the posts posted since the dawn of time, at which point you may wish you hadn't bothered, only to then be congratulated en masse by a horde of ecstatic posters who wish to hail you as the new messiah for starting a thread which they were afraid to start for fear of being set upon by the former group, whilst also being afraid to necropost the original topic for the unknown reasons previously mentioned.

Is this stating to make sense yet?

Posted at

Starting new threads can be hazardous as, if they recall threads that were started at the dawn of time, you will be descended upon en masse by hordes of primordial posters who will berate you for not first reading all of the posts posted since the dawn of time, at which point you may wish you hadn't bothered, only to then be congratulated en masse by a horde of ecstatic posters who wish to hail you as the new messiah for starting a thread which they were afraid to start for fear of being set upon by the former group, whilst also being afraid to necropost the original topic for the unknown reasons previously mentioned.

Is this stating to make sense yet?

I felll victim to this, so note that before you post a new thread in the tips and tricks forum you must first read through every old post in the whole forum or else you shall be scrutinized for beating a dead dog, but only by a few of the aforementioned primordial posters.

Posted at

I felll victim to this, so note that before you post a new thread in the tips and tricks forum you must first read through every old post in the whole forum or else you shall be scrutinized for beating a dead dog, but only by a few of the aforementioned primordial posters.
But eventually you emerged victorius because that thread was stickied to the top of the Tips and Tricks forum for all time as an example of how good can prevail over evil and I built a small wooden shrine to you at the bottom of my garden next to the chainsaw sculpture of Amanda.

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

I love your garden Ghost and I swear I will return the Amanda statue… it might be wearing a little red gnome hat but it's all good :)

Peter, welcome… there are good people and good cakes here… so enjoy. And thanks for following the rules of the forum and actually telling us something about yourself! weird :D

Posted at

Welcome to Drunk Duck. I have nothing to add except to tell you that on Thursdays the Duck is know to prefer tequila.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

the Amanda statue… it might be wearing a little red gnome hat
Sweet! I look quite fetching in gnome hats. But out of curiosity… a chainsaw statue? Is it my likeness fashioned out of chainsaws? Or did you use a chainsaw to carve it from another material.. like butter perhaps?

Posted at

It's alabaster actually: it has a lovely translucent quality.

I politely requested a stonemason to drop everything and carve it at once or I'd pay him a visit with my chainsaw - hey presto; a chainsaw sculpture!

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, Would You like A Cold Hot Cola?

Posted at

Welcome, Would You like A Cold Hot Cola?

I TOLD YOU I ALREADY DRANK IT ALL >: (

Also yo new guy.

Just generally don't be an idiot and it's easy.

I've also found that the best way to become liked in ANY forum is to watch who gets ridiculed/generally raged at for things and then just do the OPPOSITE of what they do.

Posted at

Hello, new user! Welcome to DrunkDuck! :) If you're The Real Macabre, then there's probably a fake one lurking about the site somewhere! Let's see…

http://user.drunkduck.com/Macabre

Aha! Found him/her! Hey! Macabre! You still alive?! Hmph, guess not. Oh, well! Have fun making comics here, The Real Macabre, and–wait a minute…

beware of anyone with a weather machine

Uh, I have no idea what this person is talking about. And pay no attention to the writing under my banner. >_> <_<

Posted at

WOW!

Thanks everybody for the advice and the warm welcome. It's awesome to hear from super-friendly people. Hopefully I will start to understand some the crazier posts/in-jokes. Until then, thanks for the zany greetings, the cakes, the weather machines, the cold hot colas, and any other tidbits of insanity people have thrown my way.

Hooray for DD!

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

What in-jokes??… is he giving us a hard time? hmm?? Renga, I think we need some lightning!

Insanity
Insanity
Posted at

Peeeeeeeeeter. Please enjoy this caaaaaaaaaake. I baked it especially for youuuuuuuuu.
The cake is a lie. Just for clarification.

Welcome, and have a good time here. I hope you enjoy DD.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.