Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Help with an Essay

Posted at

I don't know if this is the right place for this but my Comp Professor assigned me a paper comparing the inauguration ceremony of the US President to the Inauguration Ceremony of the Prime Minister of Britain.

I was wondering if any of you out there can point me to a website that would have information on this topic. I have searched for a few hours and every engine takes me to Obama's ceremony.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks
MushroomComix

Posted at

Unfortunately I haven't found anything. I don't think they call it the Inauguration Ceremony though, I think it's called the swearing-in ceremony, if it has a name. I know it has something to do with the Queen's approval, she needs to ask them to form a new government. Might be worth looking up duties of the queen/king of great britain.

It might help if you look up things related to the current prime minister, Gordon Brown- he took up office (there's another term to try searching) on June 27, 2007 (so google says), that may be a helpful date.

http://www.number10.gov.uk/ is the website for the prime minister, maybe something is on there about the ceremony

Posted at

that was a lot of help Skoolmunkee, I found a file of his speech!

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Here's a video that could help you:

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

Do your own work.

Posted at

That's not necessary. If you don't want to help, it doesn't mean you get to be a jerk.

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

This is a site for comics. If he asked me about comics I'd be more than willing to help. I get it, this is general discussion, but this is for a school paper though, so forgive me if I'm less than empathetic.

Senshuu
Senshuu
Posted at

Hmm… a highschooler asking for help on a forum with a lot of highschoolers and helpful people. How strange.
Something I like most about this forum is how helpful and flexible its people are. If you don't want to help, don't - but I wouldn't recommend posting something saying, in essence, "I'M NOT HELPING YOU LA LA LA."

On another note, I was just wondering randomly what kind of similar ceremonies the British have. It'd help me to have this kind of knowledge… I should look into it, too. I think I tried once before and kept running into irrelevant things as well lol.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.