Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

hi guys - Mykill is back

mykill
mykill
Posted at

Happy birthday to me. I've been away as a function of acute unemployment coercing me into any job I could find - I found myself doing a door to door energy sales gig, a 7 days a week 11 hours a day proposition featuring elements of a cult. There were those making over a thousand a week, even those making several thousand a week specializing in signing commercial accounts.

Needless to say I nicknamed the place "Satan Engergy" - as they motivate with greed for the small price of your soul.

No time for art or writing, I've been busy trying to master selling. Got stuff done like checking out Ericksonian hypnosis and NLP as they apply to sales. Alas I never got good at the sales thing and imagine I did far poorer than minimum wage given the hours I committed. I suppose the problem may have been my failure to defeat my sense of ethics, as I proved reluctant to sign some people as the program could hurt them with an exceptionally onerous cancellation penalty.

So when an employment agency out of the blue called me up with a possible position I was motivated.

So I'm now designing backpacks for children featuring licensed art for Elmo, Spiderman, Fantastic Four,Strawberry Shortcake, Superman ..etc. Do I do art? No. I'm hired as a designer, not an illustrator. But the money is good, far better than my sales allow for. The 8 hour day is so lightweight to me now, and it feels great to stand out for my competance for a change. Nothing like a hell job to put a regular job into perspective.

I'm working thru an agency so my situation is hardly secure. But I did learn a lot about selling, that includes selling myself.

So, how old am I? I'm 40, my 30's are behind me and I'm getting old. Now I get to feel humiliated that I never accomplished more -maybe I'll do something stupid.

I'll be creating comics again. I have time now. Will recreate Sodomight rather than finish it, produce a shortie called 'Horace and the Holy ghost - and do something bilingual called !American! - that's what's on my plate. Some of that stuff will be previewed here at DrunkDuck.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

You got trapped into a shitty job too? I got stuck in a telemarketing job a few months back that was along the same lines (Lie to people, fuck them over, make $1000s!). It's good to hear that you're out of that, and doing some decent work now.

And glad to see you back as well.

Posted at

cool, yer back!
hopefully you'll be back doing some hard edge crits.

Posted at

Hey welcome back! :D Really glad to see you return to DD~

Posted at

Welcome back dood :) DD wasn't the same without your incisive presence! (That's a compliment)

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

happiness! great to have you back mykill, hope you do me one of those crits again.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

We've missed you Mykill. Welcom back man!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Good! I've already got my cermonial robes on… but you two have forgotten your avatars.
The dark ones will be displeased.

Posted at

Mykill! First person to ever rate me! Ocean came back, I came back and now Mykill is back, the trifecta is complete. We can begin the summoning!
Set up the candles, I'll fetch the alter, chalice, ceremonial blade, and virgin, and…and……..*cough.(Sorry, got all caught up in the cult thing).

Hey, from one 40-something to another, welcome back!

Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

Welcome back again, mykill! Glad to see things working a little better for you, job-wise!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.