Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Hi there! Guten Tag. Jo napot.

Lemniskate
Lemniskate
Posted at

So I finally decided to join the duck. Found it by HBN not long ago and dicovered many more great stuff.
I'm actually from Germany, so forgive me all the mistakes I eventually make. Studying cultural anthoplology and finno-uralic languages in Göttingen, I'm drawing comics since I'm 12. I discovered Scott McCloud's "Understanding comics" and "Making comics" a month and a half ago, and it opened my eyes. So I'm here to share my experiments.

Ah, and feel free to talk to me in any of the three languages above.

DLMcomics
DLMcomics
Posted at

And a mighty fine "Jo Napot" to you, my good sir! (whatever that means… I like to think it means cheese. Mmmm…cheese)

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Hallo! Wilkommen. Wohnst du in Deutschland? (Argh, my German is awful.)

Posted at

Gruss dich!
my german is awful as well. level one conversational skills! nuuuuuuuuuu! i want to take more classes but college is neither as free or in depth as high school class is.
How many years of english did you take–it's good.
Feel free to talk to me in german too. I'm better at understanding other languages than speaking them. -_-;;

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

My German is awful as well.

Now, if you would have asked me to speak in Spanish…

It still would suck. Just not as bad.

Welcome to DrunkDuck.

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Welcome to the Duck!

Don't look at me. I can't speak German either.

D0m
D0m
Posted at

Welcome! You'll like it here.

Lemniskate
Lemniskate
Posted at

@DLMcomics: then I won't destroy your illusions.
@AQua_ng: Ja, Göttingen liegt nahe dem geografischen Mittelpunkt Deutschlands. Und hey - in diesen drei Sätzen hast du keinen einzigen Fehler. Klasse.
@mechanical_lullaby: Neun Jahre Englisch - die letzten zwei JAhre davon nur Berichte unserer Lehrerin, wie ihr Urlaub in Indien, Jamaica… war :(
@Cthulhu: sorry, no spanish.
@D0m: I think so too.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Welcome. :) My roommate is an anthropologist, and many of our friends are. They/you are an interesting breed…

Alas, I'll have to stick to English. My only additional languages are French and pig-latin.

Posted at

In that case I wont speak confusing Scottish words at you…or will I?

yes, yes I will.

Its a sair fecht fur a half loaf ma loon!

Welcome.

Posted at

@DLMcomics: then I won't destroy your illusions.
@AQua_ng: Ja, Göttingen liegt nahe dem geografischen Mittelpunkt Deutschlands. Und hey - in diesen drei Sätzen hast du keinen einzigen Fehler. Klasse.
@mechanical_lullaby: Neun Jahre Englisch - die letzten zwei JAhre davon nur Berichte unserer Lehrerin, wie ihr Urlaub in Indien, Jamaica… war :(
@Cthulhu: sorry, no spanish.
@D0m: I think so too.
daaaamn

Lemniskate
Lemniskate
Posted at

Hm, I uploaded some comics and the few comments indicated that either I write incomprehensible stuff or my english is worse than I thought… not quite a good motivation…

Posted at

Welcome to Drunk Duck, Lemniskate.

I'm Lynn. I'm from Texas and can say only "Bless you and Thank you" in German. I wish I could talk to you in many languages, but I can't. I can tell you that I like to drink milk from the carton!

Posted at

I speak English… that's it.

So hi.

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

Welcome.

I speak 7 languages. Except German. The only German knowledge I know is looking at Germany street maps.

Posted at

"I only speak two languages: English and bad English!"
- Bruce Willis, The Fifth Element

:P

Welcome to the Duck, now let's get Drunk!

Posted at

I know…

japanese.

Oha, waga kaonajimi.

otaku mune tekkiri KOIGOKORO sore korede.

…and a very little bit of french…

Bonjour. (basically that's it.)

and quite a bit of english.

if you can't read that then hello.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Aaaahh… 'Understanding Comics' by Scott McCould…. What a God send. ^_^

Fantus262
Fantus262
Posted at

Tja ja, ich kann von mir behaupten, dass ich relativ gut Deutsch kann^^. Die Orthographie hapert zwar ein wenig, gerade nach den Reformen, aber was will man machen. Meiner einer würde dich jetzt ja auch gerne bei DD begrüßen, aber leider bin ich nicht so lange hier wie du.
Mein Ungarisch ist mittelprächtig bis schlecht eher letzteres. Wobei mir das Wort für "zweiradfahren" noch im Kopf rumschwirrt. Naja Englisch geht so, eigentlich sogar ganz gut^^.
Ich hatte auch neun Jahre Englisch und meine Lehrerin war nicht ganz so schlimm:)

Aber ich glaub ich blödel hier zu viel rum (und verwende Wörter die schwer in nem Wörterbuch zu finden sind).
von daher:

Viszontlátásra
(sagt jedenfalls google)

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I speak about 4 languages, Dutch (mothertongue), English, German and a bit of French, which I'm trying to improve.

Anywho, welcome to DD, there's a box of complementary meat in the corner, help yourself!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.