Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Hiya everyone :)

baru
baru
Posted at

I'm new here (just joined yesterday!) and it's been a lot of fun already! It's been so interesting looking at the great amount of work there is here. :)

I guess I should just write a few things about me here (in a bit more detail)…

Artists: Masamune Shirow, Yasuhiro Nightow, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, Range Murata, Aki Shimizu, Tsukasa Jun, Tony Taka, Alfons Mucha, J.C.Leyendecker, Norman Rockwell, and loads more (I can't remember them all o-o; )

Comics: Monster, Suikoden III, Trigun, Gunsmith Cats, Cannon God Exxaxion, Gunslinger Girl, AirGear, Tintin (esp. The Calculus Affair), Asterix

Nice to meet you all! :D

Posted at

Hi there.

If you hear whispers or screams in the dead of night, ignore them. It's for your own good, trust me.

Posted at

Welcome! Wait, hold the phone, another person on here who likes The Gunsmith Cats, Tintin, Asterix, Norman Rockwell, sleeping, and happens to be female? It's like I've found my soulmate….

Or maybe not. But still, it's neat to meet someone with at least a couple of my eclectic tastes in common.

Also, now I can't help but think of a Japanese Norman Rockwell painting a lovely mix of Americana and Japanese….

Posted at

weather

Orange
Orange
Posted at

Helllo there!

Nice to meet you too :D

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

BEWARE OF THE DUCK. ITS FULL OF CARMELED CREAMED CORN.

Posted at

Welcome, welcome! That's quite a list of artists and comics you've got there. Slightly nostalgic for me, too - I read Tintin when I was younger, and basically grew up on Asterix. Which Asterix book is your favourite? :)

Posted at

Welcome to DD, glad you're already having fun :)

baru
baru
Posted at

Thank you for the welcome (and weirdness) everyone! :D

@Steely Gaze: Oho, it's great to find someone with so many common interests just like that! I don't know a lot (read: any) girls who read Gunsmith Cats or indeed any of Sonoda's work. I guess it's the constant cars and guns and crime talk that puts them off, but I love that sort of thing for some reason. *_*
Also, a Japanese Norman Rockwell would kick serious Evening Post ass.

@Frostflowers: Yay! Another Asterix and Tintin reader. My favourite Asterix book is Asterix and the Magic Carpet. The characters in it are so fun, and the huge opportunity for puns is not wasted! What's your fave, out of curiosity? :)

Posted at

Well Baru, I can't speak from experience (being male) but I do believe the sex in the Gunsmith Cats, especially the earlier ones from what I've heard, is also a big turn-off for most women. But your point about the constant violence and all the cars could also apply easily.

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

Hello there! Hey hey do you like the Suikoden games?

Posted at

@Frostflowers: Yay! Another Asterix and Tintin reader. My favourite Asterix book is Asterix and the Magic Carpet. The characters in it are so fun, and the huge opportunity for puns is not wasted! What's your fave, out of curiosity? :)
Ooooh, it's hard to pick a favourite since there are so many good ones - but I love Asterix and the Banquet, Asterix in Britain and Asterix in Corsica.

I also have a huge and dorky love for the The Twelve Tasks of Asterix movie. :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.