Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Holy Site Outages, Batman!

spambot
spambot
Posted at

Our host did a server migration last week and we’ve had nothing but problems ever since. I know they’re “working on it”, but I couldn’t update our site thismorning because of this, which I’m none-too happy about.
My big concern is that our site was just recently picking up some major steam and I really hope this doesn’t dissuade anyone from coming back and reading our comics. Has anyone else had to deal with this sort of thing?

I will note that other than this one hiccup, our host site has been awesome and great to work with, so I’m not naming names because I don’t want to seem like I’m pissed at them in general terms.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Has anyone else had to deal with this sort of thing?

You aren't THAT new to DD… Are you? :wink:

.: SpANG! :.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

hahahahahahashaddddup. :?

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

yeah, yeah. And I'll gut you like a taun-ton and use you for shelter from the cold.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

What? We've had hiccups? I never noticed. Site hasn't been down for me at all.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

What? We've had hiccups? I never noticed. Site hasn't been down for me at all.

Naw. I was talking about the BIG crash of 2005.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

yeah, yeah. And I'll gut you like a taun-ton and use you for shelter from the cold.

Good one, SpANG! You're funny! :lol:

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Thanks! I try! :wink:

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Edit-man awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

spambot
spambot
Posted at

Not to ruin the fun by going back on topic, but it appears that my host has resolved whatever issues they were having and the site has seemed a lot more stable in the last 24 hours than it has for about a week.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Great news! :-D

You're still gonna mirror here, though. Right?

spambot
spambot
Posted at

Well they were great up until this. So I’m hoping this was just a hiccup and that they are back to their normal level of service.

As for mirroring here? Of course! I loves Drunk Duck :)

spambot
spambot
Posted at

If any of you ever go to my main site you’ll notice that things got one step worse than just site outages.
It turns out doorhost, the hosting service we were using, sold their company to a soulless corporation of some sort. Not only that, but despite that I already paid them to renew my domain name, they didn’t, so one of those evil bot fueled sites that buys domains with good pageranks and holds them hostage now has a hold of randompiratecomics.com (the .net version is also taken)

I’m really glad the duck is around, so that we still have our comics out there. We are working on getting a new host, and unfortunately, starting over with a new name.

Just wanted to give a status update

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

Cybersquatting! ugh! I feel for ya, man. The big problem with this here internet is that it's so hard to be depend on a company because they come and go like the wind. My webhost has stayed and even improved the quality of their service, but they've hiked up the rates.

marine
marine
Posted at

Thats why you need several domain names. Also, I think if I was hosting my own site, I'd use my own PC to host it off of.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.