Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Networking & Community Projects*

honest ratings

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

Hey, i'm starting to go around and make honest ratings. When i first got to DD about 8 mnths ago, i saw alot of complaints about auto 5's. but i did it too. and for me, the one thing that improves my comics,arent the auto 5's, but the people who break down what they think needs work on. and if you look at my comic, you can see how quickly it improved because of people telling me those things.

i was wanting to know if others would join in. i dont really plan on going, "today's comic that everyone should comment on is ____" but occaisonaly that might happen. just post in this thread and be like, hey, i'm trying to help out the dd comunity. please dont consider me a doosh.

and also, dont be a doosh when doing those honest ratings. like "your artwork sucks fag" translate it to, " hey, panel three looked wierd, maybe you should practice perspectives"

and if someone starts being like, fag why'd you give me that three or that four? just link them to here.

so in conclusion, i'm not trying to be a doosh, but help out the community.

Posted at

that is a great idea. you're a genius, seventy2. finally an honest system. i do it too, and i know that a lot of the time it isn't a five.

Jules
Jules
Posted at

I'm all for it, I think more people's art would improve if this came into effect.

ChazWolf
ChazWolf
Posted at

Sounds cool. I've been really happy w/my feedback so far, but I know I've plenty room for improvement. Feel free to drop by :D

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Not a bad idea! Constructive feedback is always nice to have - I'm a little…hesistant to give it though because I have so much room to improve and very little room to talk, heh.

Posted at

I like the idea, though it wouldn't really improve my stuff (I can't draw anyway.) But I'd love to help others.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

OBSERVE.

I wouldn't be able to rate any comics honestly unless they have something like that. I'm just too nice.
D';

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

ooooh. crocty has visual representation.

Posted at

I won't give anything less than a 5 myself. If it's not 5'able, I don't give it a score.

The score doesn't make it easier or harder to give feedback though. Sometimes I see flaws in pages I think are 5'able. I always give feedback to help improve if I can. To me the rating is less of a "how good I liked the page" and more of a thumbs up for sharing your work.

Not that I would mind a person giving me a 4 or below. My comic wouldn't have become what it is today without criticism and feedback.

Also, I like to ask authors if they mind criticism if I do not 'know them'. Who am I to force criticism onto a person that doesn't care for it? They have a different mentality on it than I, so I attempt to respect that and only comment on the entertainment value of the comic.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.