Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

How do you eat your barbequed ribs?

kennatsu
kennatsu
Posted at

I was just eating some BBQ ribs that I had cooked earlier in the day. One of my neighbor's kids looked at the way I was eating it and said I was being gross. But there's nothing like eating them with your bare hands, even if they're coated in sweet sauce.

So how do you eat them?
(I'm sure someone out there eats them with a knife and fork, using proper etiquette and technique…)

*I'm sure someone's gonna assassinate me for posting so many food threads…* :)

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

So how do you eat them?
(I'm sure someone out there eats them with a knife and fork, using proper etiquette and technique…)
Fingers are proper etiquette! Rib places provide wet wipes. Fancy rib places provide finger bowls. ;)

The exception for me is if there are no bones or much more meat than bone. Then I'll bring out the fork and knife because it's easier that way.

(Some foods are meant to be finger food. My grandmother was horrified when she moved to Georgia and saw even the most notable high class people eating fried chicken with their fingers… She used silverware for everything, no exceptions.)

herio
herio
Posted at

bare hands as well

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

With both hands and a wad of napkins!

Posted at

Sign me up for the "bare hands" crowd. lol! As long as I have a pile of napkins nearby, I'm good.

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

Yeah, I use my bare hands. For me, there's no other way to go with ribs.
Mmm… Now I want some. XD

Posted at

my mom's a medical nurse and all that. so she always has like tons of fresh medical gloves in those tissue-like boxes and stuff. she's even left them over at my home at times as seeing she naps over here sometimes snice it's closer to work.

so yeah, sometimes I use those gloves for the times when I don't want to get myself too messy. just peel them off and throw them in the trash after you're gone. none of those napkin and or wet wipes nonsense for me. :)

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I eat them…WITH MY MOUTH!

Oh come on, someone had to say that eventually, might as well get it out of the way, eh?

For srsly though, I'm with the Bare Hands Club. When do we get our laminated member ID's?

Jonko
Jonko
Posted at

Is it possible to eat such food with a knife and fork!? Hands of course.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Well, it's possible. Once, at a bbq, I had a wad of meat with a piece of bone in it, and I actually cut through the bone and ate it. I didn't notice untill after I swallowed it and my mom mentioned that there was bone in it.

So yeah, even if it's boney it's possible! CUTLERY HAS NO BOUNDARIES!

Beaums
Beaums
Posted at

This thread reminds me of that SNL skit with Will Ferrell as Harry Caray on Space: The Infinite Frontier. He asks Dr. Ken Waller if he would eat the moon if it were made of barbeque spare-ribs. So that's how I would eat my barbeque ribs, in space.

Posted at

Ah… charcoal cooked ribs with a coat of Detroit Open-Pit BBQ sauce…

finger lickin' good.

Ribs are finger food, so I use my fingers.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

That's typically BBQ, red on the inside, black on the outside. Gives it that extra special BBQ flavour. Yum.

Posted at

I eat them with my bare hands and so does everyone else i know

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.