Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I don't remember if I posted this before. Still, I do post this topic once a year because people's tastes change.

So, how do YOU eat your BBQ ribs? Straight off the grill? Completely drowned in the sauce of your choice? With red rice and diet coke??? With utensils?!?

I use a napkin to eat mine. I don't like having hands covered in juices from the BBQ I'm eating. x_x

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

I like my ribs rawww and wrrrriggling!

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Ribs are delicious but messy. i hate messy.
I eat mine slathered in sauce and have 4 napkins nearby, ready to wipe the black tar from my fingers. It's pretty much futile since i'm going to pick up another rib 5 seconds later - getting more goo on my hands. -_-

Too good to not eat.

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

I eat mine slathered in sauce and have 4 napkins nearby, ready to wipe the black tar from my fingers. It's pretty much futile since i'm going to pick up another rib 5 seconds later - getting more goo on my hands. -_-

Too good to not eat.
I usually just lick my fingers clean. Then it takes fewer napkins to clean my hands and my fingers taste delicious!

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Too good to not eat.

I use the napkin (or 2 or 4) to hold the rib. Less mess that way. Unless you have an accident and the rib hits your shirt. :)

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

I use the napkin (or 2 or 4) to hold the rib.
My god… I shall patent a 'rib napkin' that won't shred bits of paper onto the rib and make BILLIONS!
But thanks for the idea Lonnehart- you have freed me of my sticky fingered woe :)
no not that Arashi…x3

Posted at

I just use my fingers, as I said last time you made this thread. I like messy. Messy is great.

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

I just use my fingers, as I said last time you made this thread. I like messy. Messy is great.
You should try using your feet. Then things get really messy.

And fun! :)

Posted at

Straight off the grill, no sauce, using my hands - I've got a napkin nearby to wipe my hands once I'm finished (i.e: when I run out of ribs), but it's kind of pointless to wipe your fingers in between.

I'm a bone-gnawing kind of girl. :)

Katch
Katch
Posted at

Usually they need to be hot and drowned in sauce i like~
At first i have issues with gooey sauce under my nails, because i really just grab them and eat them down to the bone. Which is apparently a scary thing to behold because i eat like a frikkin animal, no kidding…ribs in the house means caveman behavior XDD
But there needs to be tons of napkins, nuff said~ =3

Posted at

I am picky about my ribs. I like the really tender ones that fall right off the bone…drenched in Honey BBQ sauce with a side of texas toast…

and a small salad.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Barbeque sauce slathered and cooked on while grilling. ONLY on a grill. No ovens.

Slaw and mashed potato on the side.

RANCH dressing for dipping.

Yep.

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. ;)

mattchee
mattchee
Posted at

I have a few tricks, but ultimately, I end up slathering them with BBQ sauce about 5 mins before I take them off the grill…. let it cook in a bit (but not letting any of that sugar burn).

Serve it with the BBQ sauce on the table, for extra dipping, and hot wet washcloths on the side (I have a mustache… I don't mess around– absolute requirement).

Haven't tried the ranch idea, but it sounds great since ranch is good on just about anything…

imshard
imshard
Posted at

I love to just upend a bottle of seasoning and BBQ sauce onto the ribs and grab it with my hands. If its tender meat and I'm not in polite company, I don't even use hands. Thats right I will pull the hair back and tear into it like a wolf on a caribou. Yuuuummmmm…..
What can I say? I'm an avid carnivore.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I like mine made out of tofu. :P

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

Haha! Me too.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Haha! Me too.

Wait… so YOU'RE made out of TOFU???

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Haha! Me too.

Mmmmmmm, tofu people!

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

Haha! Me too.

Mmmmmmm, tofu people!
*gulp* :nervous:

imshard
imshard
Posted at

Haha! Me too.

Mmmmmmm, tofu people!

Nine out of ten Cannibals Agree!
Vegetarian Taste Better!

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Haha! Me too.

Mmmmmmm, tofu people!

Nine out of ten Cannibals Agree!
Vegetarian Taste Better!

I'm not sure if I should be proud or very scared…

sandy
sandy
Posted at

I like ribs braised first in a bed of rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, and then seered over a hot grill, with the maranade swathed over it. It's how ribs are prepared in Italy. No sticky sweet sauce and minimal mess on the fingers. Not to mention a phenomenal taste.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I like ribs braised first in a bed of rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, and then seered over a hot grill, with the maranade swathed over it. It's how ribs are prepared in Italy. No sticky sweet sauce and minimal mess on the fingers. Not to mention a phenomenal taste.

Whoa… that sounds like gourmet cooking… O_O

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

I don't eat meat off the bone. The concept creeps me out a little and makes me feel barbarian and primitive.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.