Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

How would you (did you) react to a sudden "love confession"?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

After watching THIS VIDEO(which I thought was really cute, and I like cute things), it made me wonder about this. Suppose out of nowhere someone you know (a friend, or someone you work with, etc…, but not family members, not even "adopted" ones) comes up to you when you're alone, and suddenly (with a lot of emotional effort) tells you about their affection for you. How would you react?

Personally, I'd probably chuckle or smile and not take it seriously. Then again, I would also probably be in speechless shock, and then promptly run away (because my current lifestyle would be in jepardy if this happened).

How about the rest of you? :)

lba
lba
Posted at

My best friend in highschool did that to me. At the time I already had some vague inkling of it so I wasn't terribly surprised, but rather more amused than anything else.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

I'd probably do this:

Woman: "I always wanted to tell you this… I love you."

Me: "Love me? If you loved me so much, then why did you ruin me?"

Woman: "I was naive back then, but now I know better."

Me: "I was going to be CEO, but then you waltzed in that board meeting and told everyone about the bribes!"

Woman: "It was a matter of decency! I was doing it for your own good!"

Me: "YOU DON"T KNOW MY OWN GOOD!" *Throws an empty bottle of bourbon at the wall next to her head.*

Woman: "You've been drinking again haven't you! I thought you were clean!"

Me: "I was clean when I was at the top of my career. Then, you took that away, and I became – this… YOU MADE ME INTO THIS!" *Throws another empty bourbon bottle at the wall next to her head.*

Woman: "I didn't want things to be this way! You need help!"

Me: "No… no… YOU'RE THE ONE THAT NEEDS HELP!" *Throws a third empty bottle of bourbon that strikes her in the face.*

Woman: "Ouch! My eye was struck by the bottle!" *Accidentally falls from a window in the 117 story building they were in and plummets to her death. I casually reach for a nearby phone and dial 911.*

Me: "Hello, 911. This sexual romance is over." *Jumps out of the window and flies off towards the sunset.*

THE END

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I… I LOVE you humorman… :(

Can you… could you… will you… do you share my feelings?
I've felt this for such a long time, but never had the courage to tell you to your face.

Will you be my BF? ^^

Posted at

Unless I loved them back, I would find it very weird and probably never speak to them again out of sheer discomfort.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

I can't see this happening outside anime/manga, almost like the 'boner=nose bleed' jap-gag.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

well I had a crush on the beautiful Cindy Mancini for years - who didn't even know my name. Cindy's idea of a Saturday night included parties while mine was poker games. In addition, Cindy was dating the former football star turned college pro - who had been giving her the cold shoulder. Cindy found herself in a desperate situation when she borrowed her mother's $1000 suede dress, without permission, and ruined it. The only person who had the money to replace the dress, without her mother finding out, was me. However, I told her that the only condition for me giving her the money was if she posed as my girlfriend for a month. As the month passed, she began to show an interest in me. But I was so consumed with popularity, I was blind to her feelings. In addition, I also began to join in with my new "friends" in taunting my old friends. Could I find my way before I lose Cindy and everyone I care about?

Posted at

Sudden Love Confession from someone I do not love? It's happened. Usually, it's a coworker, but sometimes a friend of a friend. I'm a bit of a mean person, so I'll take a moment to say, "Glad that's out of your system," and continue doing what I was doing. Sometimes, they get irritated at being ignored. Then I say something like, "I don't feel the same and I'm being honest about it. What more do you want?" Later, I laugh.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Scribe_Drizz I've watched you from afar for a long time, just hoping for you to notice me… Can't you feel this burning passion I have for you? Tell me I'm not the only one with these feelings!
I burn for you. I love you.

Well? What are you gonna do about it?

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

I had this happen at the beginning of this year. A childhood friend that I hadn't seen in around 2 decades popped back into my life briefly. Turns out she had this fascination with me still lingering from back then. Alright, a bit odd even for me, but as usual I wasn't seeing anyone so I decided to at least get to know her, see what had happened since then.

She was… generous, I suppose. I haven't met too many women in my life who actually offer to pay for someone else of their own accord. Nothing fancy, mind you, more like coffee or a sub. So I got to know her. And there wasn't much to know.

She rented a room in a house with seven other families (sharing one bathroom!), worked at Walmart for seven years part time but never accepted a single promotion, had no real hobbies beyond walking around and reading Twilight novels… and she talked at length about how she didn't get along with her folks as well as how sickly her diabetic doberman was (which didn't live with her). She wasn't mentally sharp, interesting, in shape, or anything. She even mouthed off accusingly to a cop who pulled her over. -.-

She was determined to have me as a boyfriend, but while I let her get to know me a bit, continually I got the impression she would always favor me from her childhood memory. For the few who know me, I'm basically a 180 degree personality from who I was then.

Obviously, it didn't work out. I never met a person who had so little sense of self or anything to offer someone else. I had to tell her one day in all honesty that while I could see us being friends and still go out, we had really nothing in common whatsoever. It mostly ended there.

She still sends me the occasional 'hi how r u?' text message to my email every few months, but never responds to anything I write back.

I'd give most women just about half a chance if they show the interest (an uncommon occurence, heh) but they tend to come at me in a very generic "Well, he's just a guy so I'll act on the stereotypes to appeal to him" manner instead of getting to know me or giving me a reason to be interested in them, so it largely fails on that alone. I get the impression some kinds out there just want armpieces or trophies, not actual people. What a waste of time.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

One time, I recieved a passionate anonymous love letter on the last day of school. A good long-time friend of mine, (Toni), had a friend (Deborah Anne Fimple), who I was constantly obsessed with. Later that day, My friends and I got together at my house. One of my friends (Roger Despard), got a hold of the letter and read it out aloud, surprising everybody. Because I was totally smitten with Deborah Anne Fimple, Roger easily convinced me that she must be the girl that wrote me the letter. Later that night, I met her at a party, and I began smooth-talking her, by repeating the words of the love letter. Because Deborah Anne Fimple didn't respond to me in the way that I expected, I soon realised that she did not write me the letter. After the party, Toni and I walked to a quiet spot and we lyed down on the grass. I explained to Toni how I made a fool of myself in front of Deborah Anne Fimple, and how much I loved the letter. Toni then convinced me to write an anonymous love letter to Deborah Anne Fimple. I ended up writing two letters, but Toni re-wrote them before passing them on, and without telling me! Consequently, all the letters fell into the wrong hands, causing confusion with almost everyone in my life, until finally I discovered who wrote me the love letter in the first place!!!

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

In grade school, I sent a boy a flower as a "secret admirer" but my teacher made us claim the flowers we bought, so my secret was out immediately… in front of the entire fifth grade class. That boy never spoke to me again.

I had a deep crush on a close friend of mine in middle school and high school. But I never told him. That friendship was really important to me. Plus, he was always going out with the attractive girls (who treated him like crap), and I figured I would be a step down at best. It's also probably the reason I never had a boyfriend. I've had crushes since then too, but I keep my mouth shut.

No one has ever made such remarks to me. If they did, I would probably assume they were lying, teasing, or being sarcastic. (I'm a hopeless romantic but not a "catch." I used to fall for jokes at my expense all the time. :-/ I can't imagine those words to possibly be candid. It would be nice if they were.)

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

I… I LOVE you humorman… :(

Can you… could you… will you… do you share my feelings?
I've felt this for such a long time, but never had the courage to tell you to your face.

Will you be my BF? ^^

you SLUT! how could you do this?! you're pregnant with my 3rd child! i know i'm not as bucksome as i used to be, but i work HARD to feed this family, Rosia! i work hard becuase i care and you spit in my face! what is it? it's the smack again,isnt it Rosia. oh why?! QUE PASO!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted at

I just let them keep getting me drinks. Maybe if I drank enough I would love them back.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

When I was younger I was an fledgling artist. I just didn't seem to last in any job I did. I was hard up. But when I built a mannequin, I made it so perfect, I fell in love with it. It was the first thing I had made that made me feel like a real artist. The mannequin ended up in the window of a big department store. Later, when I saved the life of this old lady who happened to be the owner of the department store, I was rewarded by getting a job at the store as stock boy. Later the mannequin came to life as Emmy, who was an ancient Egyptian living in the year 2514BC. We redesign the window display to make it most eye catching in town. The other store competitors weren't too happy and did anything to stop us…
and our love!

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

It depends.

But I'll be very polite and honest about it whether or not I like her back.

I don't wanna play games.

I expect the same on the other way around.

If I tell you I like you and you don't like me, say it up front. Be direct and honest about it.

I don't wanna play games. I want to hear a definitive yes or no.

If you don't give me a definitive yes or no, a deadline will be set (a few days to a month at the most depending on my mood). No answer would be interpreted as a "NO" and I'll make that clear.

Posted at

Scribe_Drizz I've watched you from afar for a long time, just hoping for you to notice me… Can't you feel this burning passion I have for you? Tell me I'm not the only one with these feelings!
I burn for you. I love you.

Well? What are you gonna do about it?
Looks up from knitting.

No Means No!

Stabs OO with size 2 aluminum sock needles.

Pineapple
Pineapple
Posted at

I'd tell them that I've never thought of them that way and that I would like to get to know them better to see if I felt the same way.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

I am really shy around people I don't know or don't feel comfortable with(unless I'm drunk ofcourse ;) ) so if it was somebody that I'd never interacted with, then I would be shocked/speachless/blushing and probably do something "strange".

If it was somebody like a close friend, a work partner or something simular, then I guess I would resort to the meathod above unless I had some fealings to that person, then I guess I would give her a change in my own pecuilar way :)

FoxmanZEO
FoxmanZEO
Posted at

It wouldn't happen, becaause I'd have already reacted.
ooOOooooEEEEEEEeeeeOOOooooo

I like to tell myself that being repulsive as a personality and an image is a mature choice I've made to be the best friend I can be to everyone without exception.

Posted at

Hmmmm, if desired, I'd be flattered and probably accept, but than worry about it later because I tend to over analyze situations. If not, I'd be (admittedly) cold about it and sometimes a little bit cruel (A guy once asked me out in a passed note and I replied on that same passed note "Sorry, not interested" and he got really offended and sorta bullied me the rest of the 8th grade. He's was uber misogynistic so I don't feel bad.) Usually guys just do the little dance of "too afraid to come out and say it, but still completely obvious and creepy!"

So far, out right confessions have happened to me 4 times, 2 of which ended in a relationship, none of which ended pleasantly. The most recent one was one of my best guy friends, who I was talking to about how I'd never go out with any of the guys I went to middle school with and he said "not even a guy like me?" and I said "No, yeah, that wouldn't work." Then he legit proceeded to debate me for an hour on the subjects of whether we would work or not and whether or not I liked him. Now that's dedication. He hasn't talked to me since, though.

Somehow the word "Whore" has been thrown around more than I would like. Gotta love high school romances. [/Teenage angst]

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Well. I once confessed that I had a crush on someone (middle school people) and he merely said, "I thought that it was something like that." And that was it. We never saw each other again cause we went to different high schools. (I was idiot to confess on the last day of school).

The next happening was when someone tried to wrangle up courage to ask me on a date. I blithely ignored them. Mainly cause they asked if I were going to the banquet with someone, and I said I was. Course I went with that someone as a friend and not as a date.

The poor guy was so shattered that I asked him to the banquet next year.

And then he finally asked me to be his girlfriend the next year…

And that is that. Been dating for 3 1/2 years.

So at this point, if someone opened up feelings of love to me, I will have to apologetically say that I'm unavailable. Not that it will be a big problem. I go to a school that is mostly women.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.