Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

i give up on myself now

jetfox
jetfox
Posted at

there goes another comic idea down the drain and this time god only knows what made me drop it.

and torch 2\3 has been staying away for the past few days.

i think i've got at least 10 dropped comics now.

i say i give up, i try and try to fight my problems and weaknesses but i can't, i'm done with comics as of this moment and forever. i've only completed one comic that i know of that is not good enough.

it's over i'm done i've fought and lost to much. be thankful if you don't have whatever the hell i got.

Radec
Radec
Posted at

Maybe you just haven't found the "right" idea for a comic yet?
don't judge your failures or successes on the amount of comics you have or have not finished.
Use all your old stuff to learn from your mistakes, and maybe help you to find that one thing that will absolutely hook you.
Just because you've dropped a comic does not mean you're a failure.
Hell, I've ditched tons of comic ideas halfway through, simply because I either got tired of that idea, or it stopped appealing to me. Think about your old comics, and why or why not you dropped them. In fact, you might even find an idea that sparks you up again, making you want to start back from an old idea.
There are always more possibilities than you think, and I personally have found that the old proverb "there are no lessons in victory, and a thousand lessons in defeat", has always held true for me.
Maybe you just need to reflect a bit?

Duck
Duck
Posted at

First off, you sound young, so having an active mind isn't nessciarily bad.

Second, if you enjoy comics, dont' stop. Get someone to keep you on task.

Third, if you don't want to get someone to keep you inline, try writing the comic completely first, then penciling. or just a new way of doing it. to keep you interested.

fourth, if those don't work and still feel ya need to go, good luck to you I guess then.

Anatak
Anatak
Posted at

Sounds to me that he has a bit of a bad case of writers block.. except for drawing.. which I know all about. My longest block to date lasted over a year. I've heard of an author who had a 60 year writers block.. If your really having trouble, perhaps you should take a break from drawing comics/drawing in general. Occupy yourself with other things and try not to worry about it. After a while you will find new inspiration, Im sure. Atleast thats what I do when I hit a creative block.. Dont say that you're going to "quit" drawing forever, just say that you need a long break. I know artists can get extremely frusterated, even to the brink of insanity with art.. but I don't think an artist can stop enjoying art, its a part of their personality. Just take a break if its really bothering you so much, and try not to worry about it.

hope that helps. :(

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

Dude dont quit young, or else you'll never be interestead in making comics again, read that in a book ^-^.

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

what you need to do is watch 2001: space odyssey, then the sequel.

if you can't come up with an idea for a comic after that then you are pretty boned.

jetfox
jetfox
Posted at

i don't need ideas i got plenty of those, the problem is i can't focus long enough on a comic to finish it or sometimes even get it started, i regret trying to make torch 2 into a comic, because getting dicuraged with it made the one in my head suffer i actually was starting to regect it, and i will do nothing to threaten it's existence. a forum i have on wrong planet explains my story pretty well.

<_< aspie moment

anyway i can't make drawn comic because i get bored with it to quickly.

sprite comics are better for me except i don't like nor am i any good at humor, yet i'm the biggest hipocrit [can't spell] because i have and read tons of humor comics, just don't like putting humor in my stuff if torch2 the written part was finished then some would understand my regection to humor.

i like to rant can you tell. <_<

but focusing is my problem.

PhatScurl
PhatScurl
Posted at

I actually have similar problem. See with me sometimes im in the mood to right an action comic, and other times i like to draw comedies. So i started to draw too comics to balance this. C-world (my action comic, and has a little more serious tone) and Phat Scurl (that doesn't have a lick of seriousness in it…anywhere). Also when a new action or comedy series pops in my head, i set a point where i can stop the current comic, and then move on to the new one, later coming back to the other series.

jetfox
jetfox
Posted at

you know that is a very good idea i kinda always thought that the more comics you have the more you have to work on and the more stress it adds, but you've got a system that might work for me but after going through all this stress lately, i'm going to have to wait a while and sort things out and clear my head.

my next comic idea that i make i will hopefully make it a perment one if not the existence of my newest character will be shattered but i think i can use him to make one.

but i've got to think about wether i'm going to keep it going if i start it instead of rushing like i always do.

jetfox
jetfox
Posted at

yeah that's what i think too i'm just not a comic maker i'd rather draw pictures.

Posted at

Jetfox, don't give up making comics.If you enjoy it, keep doing it. Maybe not publish it online, but keep working on something.In time, you'll get more of a feel for a continuous story, and at least enjoy what you're doing more.

If it helps, find someone who wants to draw WITH you. ^^ It made it fun for me, back before I was putting it online. Don't just run away from this.

jetfox
jetfox
Posted at

yeah maybe that would be better just get used to making a comic. maybe that's how i'll break through this.

hat
hat
Posted at

Do what you feel is right.
Keep in mind that pretty much every artist has gone through something like this, but they didn't quit. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

jetfox
jetfox
Posted at

that's a good thing to keep in mind.

Frail
Frail
Posted at

*hug* Don't let anyone shoot you down. If you like something, an art style or a story line, don't pay any attention to the people who tell you to stop. Don't listen to the people who tell you that comics have to be 'a certain way', because that isn't true. If you have to take a two year break in between comics, then go ahead! Screw those who say you can't! (I'm getting emotional…)

Don't try to force yourself to do anything you would hate to do. If your head says "I don't like this comic and I don't want to work on it anymore" you have no obligation to keep going. Making comics should be something you do for fun, to express something to other people through a medium you enjoy.

And sprite comics don't have to be funny. Funny should not be forced out. Then it isn't funny.

I hope you feel all better soon. (Aaaand sorry for the rant…><)

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Hmm…you're saying you're giving up on yourself, yet you're seeking advice on what to do in this situation.

Therefore, you are unsure.

Thus, there is a part of you who still want to still make comics.

There's a spark in your mind. We must set your head aflame. With ideas. Ideas.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.