Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

I got my drivers liscense. ^^

sandy
sandy
Posted at

I know I was definitely a late bloomer on this one, but this is one reason why Cuatro and the Zylonian Knights was put on hold. Real life has literally driven me to get my drivers liscense and now that I have it, I've been out practically every day doing things I could not do before. What the Hell was I thinking about procrastinating with something like this? Anyway, I'm enjoying this new found freedom, and yes, I have not hit anyone or anything yet. And if I did, I'm driving a forteen year old minivan with a moderate case of body rot. If I lose it because it falls apart, then no skin off my back. So, I do promise, once all my paperwork is put together and everything squared away, CZK will go back into production.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

congratulations.

Now don't drink and drive. hehehe. :)

Posted at

Man, you reminded me of when I got my license 11 years ago. Now I feel old. But congrats!

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

:) I remember when I first got my license..

*flashback to three weeks ago*

I'm j/k

lba
lba
Posted at

I don't really remember much about when I got my license. I mostly just remember that my parents made the biggest mistake of their lives in terms of raising me when they gave me a car built for racing as a first car.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I can't remember at all about getting my license. I literally have NO memory of it… :(

Because I never have! lol!

You planet killers. Stop pumping your greenhouse gasses into my atmosphere you criminals -_-

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Because I never have! lol!

You planet killers. Stop pumping your greenhouse gasses into my atmosphere you criminals -_-
We can't all live in Australia ;)

Posted at

I had to get my British driving license about 1.5 years ago… it was one of the most nerve wracking experiences of my life. You wouldn't think re-learning how to drive would be so terrible, but damn.

Ozone- it's ok, you'll be all set for when the nuclear war destroys the northern hemisphere, and australia is safest from the fallout (although not much longer than everyone else) and they can't get fuel because that was all in the northern hemisphere and then everyone has to get around on horses and electric trains (until they at last succumb to the radiation). If you make friends with an American ship captain who happened to be near Australia when the war happened, that would be pretty cool too. Someone should write a book about that…

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

I've been driving without a license since I was 14.

Posted at

I failed my driving test the first time. It really sucked. Passed the second time with flying colors :3

I hate the DMV…

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i remember the day i got my drivers licsense.

1. because my wife got hers the same day
2. i accidently stabbed my hand with a pencil in my pocket, and i still have graphite under the skin….

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ozone- it's ok, you'll be all set for when the nuclear war destroys the northern hemisphere, and australia is safest from the fallout (although not much longer than everyone else) and they can't get fuel because that was all in the northern hemisphere and then everyone has to get around on horses and electric trains (until they at last succumb to the radiation). If you make friends with an American ship captain who happened to be near Australia when the war happened, that would be pretty cool too. Someone should write a book about that…
Yeah, well…

Hey… I never realised that Mad Max was sort of based on that book. Bizarre. o_O
Must say a lot about Australia and our isolation from the rest of the world.
——————

Planet killers! >.<

Posted at

I'm 37 and I've only recently started taking driving lessons. Never needed to drive, see?

herio
herio
Posted at

i take the buss 2 though it sucks after 9:00 am man Adelaide metro sucks

i lurn to drive but i scared I'll hit something then be dissatisfied or something at hi school they welled out this big screen and showed people who lost there liums and dissatisfied thanks to to driving one man did walk into a train then found god in some way bacase of it on a bi monthly baces more at easter or xmass

but ya we are cut off rest of the world interesting how desster films its only the us that gets hit also if you watched the fake news report on dawn of the dead Australia stopped all plain trips gong out of the Australia so we be safe if zombies hit as well though i think the hole children of men thing is posable

zombies < crazed humanity in the scary factor

sandy
sandy
Posted at

I'm Thirty Eight, and yes, I admit, I too am a late bloomer when it comes to getting the driver's liscense. I'll tell you, I had my first taste of city driving tonight in a local city known as Malden. It's not as big as Boston, but lemme tell you, I got my first taste of city drivers. They're sharks.

Tonight was the first time I drove in this city at night. I did everything humanly possible to watch where I was going, and my speed. I looked out the mirrors and out the windows for oncomming traffic. It was clear for me and all of a sudden I had people creep up on my blind spots. I didn't get hit and I didn't hit anyone, but there came a few times when people almost hit me. Oi. And to boot, I was at a subway station, parked properly in the waiting area, and this guy drives on my left side, and he's not even an inch away from taking out my side view mirrors. He completely ignorred the fact that he had A FULL SIZED PLYMOUTH GRAND VOYAGER MINIVAN BESIDE HIM ON THE RIGHT, which happens to be my car, and not only that he nearly backed into me! I beeped to let him know that he had another car there, but HOW THE HELL COULD ANYONE MISS A METAL MONSTER LIKE MINE?! My car is huge! Anyone else have experiences like this?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

After reading this thread, I'm glad no one around her got their license out of a Cracker Jack box except.. er.. um…

*quickly hides something under the carpet*

In all seriousness, I got my license when I was 16 despite heavy opposition from my mother and the fact that I failed the test SIX TIMES due to the difficulty of parallel parking. T_T

Posted at

I'm Thirty Eight, and yes, I admit, I too am a late bloomer when it comes to getting the driver's liscense. I'll tell you, I had my first taste of city driving tonight in a local city known as Malden. It's not as big as Boston, but lemme tell you, I got my first taste of city drivers. They're sharks.

Tonight was the first time I drove in this city at night. I did everything humanly possible to watch where I was going, and my speed. I looked out the mirrors and out the windows for oncomming traffic. It was clear for me and all of a sudden I had people creep up on my blind spots. I didn't get hit and I didn't hit anyone, but there came a few times when people almost hit me. Oi. And to boot, I was at a subway station, parked properly in the waiting area, and this guy drives on my left side, and he's not even an inch away from taking out my side view mirrors. He completely ignorred the fact that he had A FULL SIZED PLYMOUTH GRAND VOYAGER MINIVAN BESIDE HIM ON THE RIGHT, which happens to be my car, and not only that he nearly backed into me! I beeped to let him know that he had another car there, but HOW THE HELL COULD ANYONE MISS A METAL MONSTER LIKE MINE?! My car is huge! Anyone else have experiences like this?

Welcome to one of the common experiences of drivers. Once a person can drive, all other drivers become inferior in some way and do things that you would never do.

Of course then we end up doing something a bit stupid or reckless ourselves, because we weren't paying attention or thought it would be fine- then we're just grateful that in 3 minutes we'll be far enough away to disassociate ourselves from whatever 'stupid driver' thing we did.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

Of course then we end up doing something a bit stupid or reckless ourselves, because we weren't paying attention or thought it would be fine- then we're just grateful that in 3 minutes we'll be far enough away to disassociate ourselves from whatever 'stupid driver' thing we did.

three minutes is pretty fast for getting to the hospital.

yeah, i dont like nebraska drivers….i like the speed limit cause i'm from the country, and going under wont get you anywhere…but apparently in the city, everyone has time to get somewhere….so they go 25-30 in a 45, 45-50 in a 60 etc. no joke. i'm almost always trapped behind those people.

sandy
sandy
Posted at

Take the bus!
Mother earth demands it!

I was doing that for a long time. Hmmm.. Now I practically drive something that could almost pass for a bus. This is soon to change, because once this old rust bucket croaks, I'm looking into a Honda CRV, pre owned of course…

lba
lba
Posted at

And to boot, I was at a subway station, parked properly in the waiting area, and this guy drives on my left side, and he's not even an inch away from taking out my side view mirrors. He completely ignorred the fact that he had A FULL SIZED PLYMOUTH GRAND VOYAGER MINIVAN BESIDE HIM ON THE RIGHT, which happens to be my car, and not only that he nearly backed into me! I beeped to let him know that he had another car there, but HOW THE HELL COULD ANYONE MISS A METAL MONSTER LIKE MINE?! My car is huge! Anyone else have experiences like this?
It's not that he didn't see you. City drivers are just exceptionally used to driving in close quarters. Two car lengths is more than enough space to merge and it's all good so long as you don't actually make contact. I used to scare the living crap out of people who rode with me when I first moved from Detroit to Iowa because I had no problem with flying through allyways at 40 miles an hour or buzzing by parked cars to get around a garbage truck.

yeah, i dont like nebraska drivers….i like the speed limit cause i'm from the country, and going under wont get you anywhere…but apparently in the city, everyone has time to get somewhere….so they go 25-30 in a 45, 45-50 in a 60etc. no joke. i'm almost always trapped behind those people.
Even if you're in Omaha, those people are still country drivers. Nebraska is all country. Detroit, Chicago, Washington and all the other major cities I've spent time in are places people treat the roads like raceways. I learned to understand very quickly that the posted limit of 70 mph on the freeway is a minimum limit. It's my experience that the country drivers are the slow ones.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Cars and driving fast… I remember there was an argument about that in the rant thread once. :)

The fastest you see people drive here is in the country- because like in a lot of places in the U.S. towns are VERY far apart. But the thing here is that almost no one lives in any of them, so a lot of country driving is done between towns and not just within them. …so people drive very fast out there.

Then there was one idiot that used to gun his Ferrari at top speed in the afternoons down the long wide street that's perpendicular to mine. He used to do that every day. Then suddenly stopped doing it… I've often wondered what happened to him.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.