Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

I guess I'll give DD a shot

tezzle
tezzle
Posted at

What's happenin' all you alcoholic mallards out there!?

Me & some of my webcomic-author friends from ol' Smack Jeeves were talking about getting our comics out to a wider audience a few weeks ago. Me especially, since I'm the only one who actually did anything about it after the conversation. I've put my comics on as many directories and comic hosting sites as I could find. Well, as far as hosting is concerned, I'm not done. I've been making comics since 2006, so some of them are kind of long already, but I'll get there. That's what brings me to your fine site.

My main reason? Not popularity, not page views, I just want more people to see the comics. Even if they don't like it, that's helpful. Some of my comics have a good number of fans on SJ, but even then only like 5 of them comment more than once. So it's hard to gauge the quality of your own work when you only can go by a small group of people like that.

I'm mainly a writer. When I do make comics, it's usually on Xara, a vectoring program. It's really easy once you get the hang of it, and pretty different from like photoshop or the usual stuff artists use. Lately I've been trying to branch out and get artists to draw my scripts, or write scripts for artists who have ideas but aren't confident in their writing abilities. That 2nd part hasn't worked out very well so far, but then again I rarely find an artist for any of my scripts either. Collaborating's tough, but like I said before, I want to branch out and get to know a wider range of people and hopefully fans who'll give me more feedback than "lol."

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Lol!

I mean hi tezzle, glad you could join us. Thrash the butler eh? not a site I'm familiar with; what we really need to know is are you with Zac or are you with Riot? C'mon Zac or Riot, Riot or Zac - which is it???

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, Would You Like A Cold Hot Cola?

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Welcome to the Duck, Tezzle! I hope you get the feedback you're looking for here - I think we're a much more conversational, commenty bunch than any other site =D

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.