Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

I need characters submitted by you!

Posted at

(I have no idea where to put this so…)

Yes, it's true!

I need them for my comic, Laser Dust, because I'm having good ideas, but I need submitted characters.

They must be toys! They can have whatever personality traits you wish, but keep in mind this isn't a seriously serious comic, more so just humourous with some serious moments, so don't make them… well, don't make them have to fulfil a quest in order to be excepted by their father or something, just think quirky.

My examples:

A Rubber Duck that wants to see the world outside the bathroom, 6 pawns from a chess set that got lost from their chess set and now are fighting in the harsh wilderness that is a house, mice that want to take over the house (which is the world to them), etc.

So, yeah the setting is inside a house.

I will gladly give credit to those who's submissions I use.

I need lots and lots of submissions, too!

Oh yes, THEY MUST BE ORIGINAL. I don't want to have a toy from toy story or chibi-robo, though I would quite fancy Space Hunter Drake Redcrest in my comic, but no. He is taken.

Submissions I'll be using:
-Rock 'em Sock 'em pacifists – Aqua_ng
-An inflatable ball that is afraid of EVERYTHING. – BlkKnight
-Living building blocks who wish to form a mech, but they can't interlock (they pile on each other, trying new formations every time, but eventually they always just topple over) – Mister Kent
-The wise Rubix Cube – Mister Kent
-A large robot action figure that wants to activate function 'Organic_Eat'(wants to be able to eat). – Paper_Cut
-A transforming toy with an identity problem. – TheSwordUpsilon
-A rubber ducky. He is just a rubber ducky though. Can't talk or nutin'. – Bocaj

Posted at

How about… a Jack-in-the-box that's afraid of coming out of the box? Your choice whether or not he gets over the phobia or not. :)

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

I got two!

1.) A womanizing jerk muscular action figure.

2.) A rubber ducky. He is just a rubber ducky though. Can't talk or nutin'. Why? BECAUSE HE IS A DUCKY STUPID!!!

Posted at

Living building blocks who wish to form a mech, but they can't interlock (they pile on each other, trying new formations every time, but eventually they always just topple over)

A girl's fashion doll with the persona of a "seen-it-all" bitter older woman

The wise mentor of the toys - a talking Rubix Cube (if not that, because its probably copyrighted, a talking jigsaw puzzle or something)

A ragdoll and teddy bear who like to do stunts a la Jackass (eh, but not exactly) - only here they throw themselves from the bed, fight with pencils, or strap themselves to remote control cars that are out of their control - fun!

EDIT: Just thought of another, but its kinda bizarre…

An E-Z Bake Oven type of toy that is always trying to trick other toys into climbing into his mouth (that would be the over part - he or she doesn't really have a face, its like this disembodied voice coming from a toy oven…hee)

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

A cross dressing GI Joe type toy who steals dresses from dolls.
A drunken, chain smoking, hoodoo witchdoctor toy dragon…who wears shades!
A ballerina in a music box who wants to escape from her musical prison and find a boyfriend! Or several boyfriends! Or girlfriends! She's not picky, she's just been in that box so long she's sexually frustrated!

Wow, that last one kind of got away from me there…

Posted at

Whoah - sexually frustrated music box dancer? That's Gold!

Posted at

Thanks, guys! Really, I just need to narrow it down to 7 choices, now :P

Posted at

I've narrowed down four… 3 more.

Paper_Cut
Paper_Cut
Posted at

A stuffed bunny that craves attention, maybe?

A large robot action figure that wants to activate function 'Organic_Eat'(wants to be able to eat)?

Posted at

A transforming toy with an identity problem.

Posted at

Whee! Good luck with the comic, Puff O' Smoke!

crocty
crocty
Posted at

A robotic human which thinks he's a humane robot.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

A toy plane who thinks it should always have left wing fundamentals and views, just because it can't turn right.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

A stuffed toy unicorn who wants to be a monster and lives under the bed.

cool guy
cool guy
Posted at

A "my little pony" with guns

Posted at

I only needed seven and I got 11:P

Thanks guys, the taken suggestions is up there at the top.

Those are the characters I'm using and now, I will actually try to make the characters.

In other words, I now need a better program than pixia called 'Hand-drawing skills' :P

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.