Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

I need some help for a school project

kytri
kytri
Posted at

I'm a psychology major and I'm working on a study that I need participants in.

Basically, I have a really short survey that involves reading a few comics and answering a question about the time frame in each. If you have a few minutes please go to this post in my livejournal read the directions and fill out a survey.

Thanks so much to everyone who will help me with this, as I need to gather as much data as possible.

Posted at

Sure, im just about to fill it in now :)

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Right on it.

Also, Poke…calm down on the posting dude, it's scaring me.

-edit-

Did the survey!

Posted at

sorry, once ive took this pills i go crazy!!!!

and ive done it, but the comics took a while to load up

Memmy
Memmy
Posted at

Fun, fun! Will you be showing your result to the rest of us someday?

Posted at

just took it.

Posted at

I did it.

Do I win a prize?

kytri
kytri
Posted at

You win my everlasting gratitude. I'll try and post the results somewhere when I'm done, but so far it doesn't look like I'll have significant results. Maybe it'll change as more people fill it out.

Posted at

i did it. i didn't imagine more than a few seconds going by for any of them. maybe my brain's backwards.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Done like a fox!!!

marine
marine
Posted at

I'm always playing with time concepts like that. How much time passes from panel to panel. I like trying to get the most from the least of things too.

I also did the survey. I think.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

…Did you get ethics approval for this? Usually at uni when you do a study involving outside participants you need approval by an ethics committee, and then you need some way of proving the informed consent of all involved. :)

I'll have a look at it anyway ^_^

Posted at

Yeah OK, I did it too.
I would be interested to see if the time span increases when panels are drawn with more detail…

kytri
kytri
Posted at

…Did you get ethics approval for this? Usually at uni when you do a study involving outside participants you need approval by an ethics committee, and then you need some way of proving the informed consent of all involved. :)

I'll have a look at it anyway ^_^

Generally that's true, yeah, You have to fill out ethics forms and get informed consent agreements from everyone. My professor told us not to worry about it for this class though, said he'd make sure all our studies were so benign there'd be no issue. I suppose consent is implied since participation is so obviously voluntary.

Posted at

i did it. i didn't imagine more than a few seconds going by for any of them. maybe my brain's backwards.

same here. Im a fast reader, and I take in all the extra details pretty fast.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

LOL, I love that avatar, kytri. Reminds me of Cookie Monster when he eats a cookie.

Posted at

Done. Then I went back and looked at all of the individual strips. Still couldn't imagine anything happening in anything over 15 seconds.

Posted at

i know what you mean, it didnt seem like it would go that quick!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.