Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

I'm going to quit, I'm going to say goodbye

Brokenhill
Brokenhill
Posted at

goodbye to smoking…

I said it before But I didn't really mean it, but right now I'm just totally sick of it. Smells bad, much harder to breath when I skate, its not really even fun, and it kills my wallet.

so, I have no cash atm and 3 cigs in my car, is it best to just quit cold turkey? is it painful?

I really do hate smoking and I wanna quit.

Quit drinking recently, that was really fricken hard, I'm hoping smoking isn't the same way.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

It's good to see you trying to stop smoking. You're saving yourself and others around you. Hopefully it should be easier. You've done giving up before, so you know what's ahead. Besides, there are probably more ways to help stop, like nicotine replacements and so forth.

Good luck!

snark
snark
Posted at

Wow, now thats some willpower, good luck!

Posted at

really it's considering how long you've smoked and how much.
you're going to have to pick up another habit or use insane willpower to stop.
chewing gum, altoid mints, just try to avoid overeating.
good luck, I'm rooting for you.
But it will be hard to go cold turkey. You might have to cut yourself 3-2-1 a day and handle it carefully. But you will save a lot more money. ^-^

Priceman
Priceman
Posted at

When I quit, I used the "Easy way to stop smoking" by Allen Carr. Great book/cd, it really works.

Cold turkey is tough if you spend all your time thinking about it. Good luck and congratz on your decision.

RDraconis
RDraconis
Posted at

I am teh proud of you! :) Good luck with it. I never smoked so I can't offer you advise, but other people can. ^^;

Posted at

To quote Dennis Leary, "I love to smoke, I love to smoke, I loooove toooo smoooke."

I plan on quitin' when I get knocked up, 'till then, I'll smoke your share. Good luck and may the force be with you.

Posted at

Burn yourself with the smoldering ash every time you cave into the call for the smoke.

eventually, you will either be covered with burns or smoke free.

AND let me suggest…always keep a spare lighter around.
Because, when I quit smokeing, I always leave my lighter at home…big mistake.

keep a spare in the car so you will be ready when the economy collapses and you will be able to make a fire out of the worthless american money that will be sitting around everywhere.

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Wise choice. Smoking's a stupid idea.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

Ration your last 3 remaining cigs carefully.

Posted at

Keep a cig on you with the lighter. When you reach for it, think "I'll have it later". Procrastinators way to quite. The later can be at the end of the night, or five years down the road when you're having a really, really bad day.

Posted at

If it's your first time trying to quit…I think you should slowly ease your way to one cig a day and then nothing. Cold Turkey is very difficult for some people, but at least try it to see if it DOES hurt.

Posted at

I wish you success in your efforts. :)

It doesn't matter which method you choose. If you truly want to quit, any method will be successful.

I'm a quitter myself. I smoked for about 9 years before going cold turkey. I've smoked one cigarette since my decision to quit, and that was about one month after I made the decision. I had good motivation though and I'm stubborn.

I realize it's my experience so the impact won't be the same for others, but my motivation came from watching my father die from cancer. Yeah it's not pretty, and I don't want to go through the same thing myself, but it's not really me I'm worried about. It's the people I leave behind. My father's illness was bad enough in itself, but what it did to my mother taking care of him throughout it all, and now seeing her deal with living without him.

The idea that it's only you that suffers from the long term effects of smoking is misplaced. My decision to quit comes from the fact that I want to cut down on the odds of my husband or future children having to watch me die that way.

Depressing personal sob story aside, every time I see the cost of cigs now, I'm so thankful I quit. Or when a smoker co-worker walks past me at work and reeks. Or when I look at some of my furniture and household stuff I had when I used to smoke and see how yellowed and nasty looking it is.

Cold turkey worked for me, and I am stubborn, but I still get tempted. I quit about 4 years ago, and sometimes I still get tempted. Walking past a group of smoking people, the smell is so old and familiar. I almost want to ask to bum a smoke.

You can do it, if you really want to.

Posted at

Awesome! Make sure you have a strong will when coming to this stuff. You gotta force yourself to quit. I never smoked, but I had friends that tried to quit.

Posted at

It took my dad three heart attacks, a 5 bypass surgery, and even another heart attack to get him to quit. He took a pill for 6 weeks and he hasn't smoked since.

I'd say it's best you quit. :) But as long as you get the best help and support, you'll do just fine quiting.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.