Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

I'm new to DD. How is it going?

Murdoch
Murdoch
Posted at

Hello, I'm new to DrunkDuck.com. I've known about it for awhile now but haven't had anything to do with the site. Recently a friend gave me some encouragement (He didn't realize it at first) to make a Webcomic. I've already made two friends on this site: DOAA and ozoneocean.
I'm glad I can finally do something artistic (More or less) with my time.
I have a few questions about this site. When I look in stats for my comic it only lists views by 10s. ( 10, 20, 30, etc. ) Is that actual people or just bots? Why I ask that is because it just seems weird that it would only update the views each ten.
My second question is also about the stats of the comics. I go there and it says something like #673 in Comic Strip. What exactly does that mean?

- Murdoch

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Welcome to DrunkDuck.

And yeah, the pageviews by tens is how it works.

Murdoch
Murdoch
Posted at

Thats kind of weird but organized.
They should have an exact page view or something.

Posted at

Welcome to DD dude.

Also, when it says #673 in comic strip, that means that your 673rd place out of thousands of other comic strips. (to be just plain blunt, 673 isn't very good, but if you just keep updating, you'll get to the top in no time).

Posted at

It's goin' Grrrreaaaat! How's it goin' 'fer you?

Hi, Murdoch.

I'm Lynn. I've been at "Drunk Duck" about six months now and I still don't know how the "page view" thingy works! If we get a comment, I'm clams! As for the "stats" I have no idea…I just know it's relative.

Glad you finally listened to your friend, we always like "fresh meat" and we always seem to be ravenous. I don't know who DOAA is, but Ozoneocean is a sweetheart…saved me from HTML abyss more often than I'm keen to admitting.

Lookin' for an artistic hobby is something that led me here too, I think you'll like webcomicking…get's the juices flowin'. Best of luck, see you around the forums.

Murdoch
Murdoch
Posted at

Priest_Revan: Well, atleast I'm not dead last. Whats a okay place to be in by the way?

Lynn: I'm doing okay. Clams? DOAA joined recently too and made an introduction topic before me. He was the first to comment on my comic.

Thank you guys for the welcome. : D

Posted at

Hi Newy! :D

yes, i too have no idea how the pageviews work.

Posted at

Lynn: I'm doing okay. Clams? DOAA joined recently too and made an introduction topic before me. He was the first to comment on my comic.

I remember DOAA now! We asked him what it stood for…I admit…I haven't checked back on his welcome thread. I'M A HORRIBLE WELCOMER! Clams? As in happy as A.

Murdoch
Murdoch
Posted at

We'll I'm starting to believe that its actual people due to I updated about seven to ten times yesterday and there is a section in browse for most recent updated. That and I have comments by three diffrent people. I still think its weird that it counts them by tens and not individual. It probably saves space by counting it by tens or something.

Should have figured clams meant something like that.

Posted at

Welcome to the Duck.

Posted at

Priest_Revan: Well, atleast I'm not dead last. Whats a okay place to be in by the way?

Thank you guys for the welcome. : D

In the top 200-300 strip comics, if your comic is a strip, of course. Most comics above that don't even really update anymore.

Overall… I don't know…

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, Would you like a Cold Hot Cola?

Murdoch
Murdoch
Posted at

In the top 200-300 strip comics, if your comic is a strip, of course. Most comics above that don't even really update anymore.

Overall… I don't know…
Well then, I'm about 192 away from being in the "Okay" zone. As long as I have ideas I'm most likely going to update my comic.

Lord Shplane: Hitler refrence in your avatar XD (My childhood hero (Joke))

Dark Clown: Sure why not : D

I'm feeling more welcome every time I post here XD
I'll have to be sure to post more on this forum when I have the time to.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Welcome!

As for the stats thing, I really don't trust it. Its comments that I really trust. X3

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.