Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

I'm tired of plain ol' pancakes...

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I've had pancakes for breakfast for a few days now. Not like I got a choice… my car is down and I can't drive out to that clown owned restaraunt to get myself something tastier.

So I'm finding just plain pancakes and syrup boring. Anyone got any ideas to make things interesting? (I've heard of putting fruit toppings on pancakes instead of syrup for instance…)

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

You could make crepes instead! You can do a lot more with them. I like to sprinkles icing sugar and lemon juice on them myself, but there are tons of tasty combinations you could try.

Waffles are also good. I love Belgian waffles with lots whipped cream, golden syrup(this is the only thing I don't prefer real maple syrup on) and raspberries, strawberries or oranges.

…but now that I think of it those probably aren't the best things to eat for breakfast.

Posted at

I love pancakes! I hardly ever get to eat them but they're awesome.
So what we talking about? Stuff to put on them or into the batter? As toppings go, strawberries are great, if you wanted to try making a compote apples are pretty good too. Whipped cream goes well with fruit toppings. If you're cooking pancakes on your own mixing blueberries into the batter is classic for a reason, chocolate chips are good too. I've even had peanut butter on pancakes, jam's good too, not surprisingly I've eaten PB&J pancakes on occasion– not bad.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

Never thought there was anything good at McD's for breakfast. But some people swear by McGriddles, so what do I know. Bleah.

I like waffles a bit more than pancakes, but fruit tends to make both better. Banana pancakes are good. Waffles with a blueberry topping are excellent. And let's not forget a little french toast here and there.

Posted at

Lol! I just LOVE how he throws his eye.

Posted at

have 'me with fruit and powdered sugar insted.

or mix in some berries when you make the batter.

or eat them off the stomach of a beautiful woman/man (i'm not gonns judge you on that one)

ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

try chocolate paste - its awesome on pancakes

Posted at

Use chocolate,ham,cheese,tortillas,churros,sausages or anything you have.

Haven't tried the one I listed so your stomach may explode.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

For a second I thought this was about my comic, but I know better!

Try this: right before you flip the pancakes, put some sliced banana, sliced apple, bluebeerries, chocolate chips, or any toppings. When you flip the pancake to cook the side that the fruit is one, the second side of the pancake will cook, and the fruit will caramlize. It's amazing, but still needs syrup in my opionion.

Posted at

EAT WAFFLES.

They're totally opposites.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

For a second I thought this was about my comic, but I know better!

Try this: right before you flip the pancakes, put some sliced banana, sliced apple, bluebeerries, chocolate chips, or any toppings. When you flip the pancake to cook the side that the fruit is one, the second side of the pancake will cook, and the fruit will caramlize. It's amazing, but still needs syrup in my opionion.

I think I did something wrong using bananas… instead of "caramelize", I got "charcoaled"… O_O

Posted at

This is the recipie that i've always used and it works, just really get alot of air into the mix wisk it for as long as your arm can take.

110g/4oz plain flour, sifted
pinch of salt
2 eggs
200ml/7fl oz milk mixed with 75ml/3fl oz water
50g/2oz butter

But you can take out 20g of the flour and use coco powder to make chocolate ones.

You can also mix in some small (chopped) dried fruits and nuts into the mix to add a little kick.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

I thought that's what this thread was going to be about.

honestly im suprised no one posted it before i did.
i did end up eating some mighty fine pancakes the next day though.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I usually make pseudo-crepes with pancake mix. If you combine one cup of pancake mix, two eggs, 1.5 cups of water, and 2 Tbsp of sugar, that gets you a good crepe batter. You can either spray the pan with the cooking oil or use a bit of butter (just enough to keep the cake from sticking to the pan) Pour the batter into your pan so that it barely covers the bottom and flip when all the batter bubbles pop. You'll see. They cook really fast and are really tasty.

Crepes are good alone or with orange marmalade. You can pretty much fill them with anything and use them like tortillas. If you want to fill them with something like eggs or bacon, I'd recommend NOT putting the sugar in the batter or at least cutting down the amount you use.

Also, if you're keen on regular pancakes, I like to put chopped walnuts or pecans in the batter, and sometimes chocolate chips. If you add those ingredients, you can just cook them like regular pancakes. The chocolate chips can be a teensy bit messy though. Never made fruit pancakes, but I don't care for fruit chunks at breakfast.

Posted at

Use pancakes as sandwich bread for a PB&J.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.