Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

I've Got Ideas, But Not Drawing Skill. Any Artist Interested?

Sarck
Sarck
Posted at

I have some minor skills at Photoshop, as well as a sizable grasp of the English language. Samples of my writing (and some of the set-up) are on my livejournal: http://sarck.livejournal.com/ and if anyone would like to read more, you need only to ask. I have a plot for a short story which could turn novel-length (depending on how far the artist would like to take it and how far I would like to take the plot) which is something along the lines of Girl Genius-style alternate history (and ostensibly an alternate world), with a few darker twists and a focus more on the source of whatever empowers the "upper-class" in the world. However, comedy will always be possible; I never leave a story without some element of levity.

However, I am also open to simple silly stuff, and have a set-up for a comedy-based comic, which will be similar to Mac Hall. This could be easier, it's really up to the artist. I have quite a lot of free time, so I'm just putting my talent with the written language to good use here.

For the tl;drs out there (so help you if you couldn't get through that short bit), I'm a writer looking for an artist. You're (possibly) an artist, looking (possibly) for a writer. C'mon. C'moooooon. Let's tell a story.

vie4
vie4
Posted at

I guess I could do this. Could I give a few suggestions for comedy once this comic starts?

Sarck
Sarck
Posted at

I'm open to suggestions on storyline, wording, anything really. That's really the whole point of joining up as a team to do a comic, I believe.

salasvexx
salasvexx
Posted at

I'm interested but would like more info, like…. you said you have photoshop experience, would you do the coloring for this project? I feel this could be a great thing, especcialy if you are as open minded as you say. PQ me and lets see if we can get something off the ground. Unless you found someone.

"Girl Genius-style alternate history (and ostensibly an alternate world), with a few darker twists and a focus more on the source of whatever empowers the "upper-class" in the world. However, comedy will always be possible; I never leave a story without some element of levity."

thats the quote that got me. I have ideas man, I have ideas….

Sarck
Sarck
Posted at

Er, um, still looking if anyone is interested. No one seems to stay around very long.

Posted at

I'm the same as you. I can only write, so many girlfriend draws my comic. If people saw the base designs I use to show her positioning(I do every page myself and they SUCK) I'd lose everyone who ever thought it was KINDA good from the pure suckiness of my art.

Sarck
Sarck
Posted at

Well, I guess I'll have to just try to draw my own stuff after a bit of practice to get myself off the ground with this thing… I suppose I'll draw until I can find someone who's willing to help. Oh well.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.